Sincere apology

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Elcid, Feb 8, 2016.

1. Elcid

Elcid Member

On Sunday the 7th I made a mistake. I went AFK for many hours before and after the super bowl. My Son was apparently using my accounts and was KSing and using a macro inappropriately i made. From the stand point of the players in game it looked very inappropriate and I was banned from the game for the offense. I was unaware of this behavior and my 9 year old has been educated and punished appropriately. I have been part of the EQ, AK, and Destiny community for 13 years and I have never been involved in anything like this. Again, please accept my sincerest apology for my son's behavior, and for my going afk and allowing this to occur. I was temporarily banned and de-leveled as a result. I will continue to strive to earn the guild tag of Destiny and ask that you allow me and my toons to engage the community moving forward with proper game play.

If any player would like a personal apology please /t Poof, or Elcid in game.

/em hangs head in shame (seriously)

Tesadar likes this.
  2. Oiwon

Oiwon People Like Me

sh*t happens

3. Rivthis

Rivthis New Member

Let this be a lesson to all that have kids. Teach them young how to play and give them their own characters, than they can farm tradeskill items for you

Ransom likes this.
  4. Ransom

Ransom Well-Known Member

Ahhhh. Why do my kids like the Destiny / Minecraft / Lego type games. I need at least one of them to enjoy farming on my necro here for this reason! :D

5. Kagatob

Kagatob People Like Me

Honestly, I let this sit for a day but for real, this is not even P99 R&F tier "apology".
    This is my favorite part.

Either way I'm guessing the part about him knowing how to use your macros is something everyone is supposed to just swallow?

Also who was supposed to be keeping an eye on him for those 3 hours or however long the game of hand-egg was? At least toss them under the bus too.
    [​IMG]

6. Lenas

Lenas I Feel Loved

Elcid has never struck me as a malicious person.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2016
  7. Kagatob

Kagatob People Like Me

No, but being at nobles, for over 3 hours, without dying, and actively gaining XP... does. Or are you saying a 9 year old magically picked the right button to click the one that he said shouldn't be there in the first place and decided to click that button and nothing else for several hours. C'mon.

Stamm likes this.
  8. Lenas

Lenas I Feel Loved

I meant to remove any snark as I wasn't there and can't comment on any of it.

9. Bum

Bum I Feel Loved

[​IMG]

This works better than trying to train your kids to press macro buttons ;)

Oiwon and Kagatob like this.
  10. Kagatob

Kagatob People Like Me

[​IMG]
    This works best though. This is how they used to FTE VS "without macros" on P99.

11. Tesadar

Tesadar Active Member

Whether it was his kid or not. Im pretty sure he learned his lesson. Cheating won't be tolerated. Moving on....

12. Speedz

Speedz Administrator Staff Member

Someone please make this their avatar. It is mesmerizing lol

13. Bum

Bum I Feel Loved

It will cost you 1 bazaar.

14. Mokli

Mokli I Feel Loved

Even if it wasn't his kid and was alcohol or PCP induced, who cares? He apologized. Those that know him would be a better judge of character naturally, but I'm all for giving everyone second chances.

15. Kuron

Kuron People Like Me

I'm sorry to even get involved here, but I feel compelled to talk about what I witnessed.

I ran a lowbie out to see about getting in on the highkeep xp, but when I got there it just looked wrong. His toon was flipping in different directions from a standing position with such precision that it just screamed third-party or something of that nature to me. North, south, east, west, right on the money. It didn't look like anything I wanted to be involved in so I just left. It wasn't surprising to see he'd been banned the next day given what it looked like to me.

I'm all for giving people second chances too, but the subtle differences in the story each time as he explains what "his son" did never seem to add up. In particular because during this time frame he was chatting with us in guild chat and announcing in OOC that there was XP to be had and to come join him in highkeep, the reason I had decided to run a toon out there in the first place.

If someone does something wrong and just owns up to it - great, big respect, all's forgiven. But what I witnessed there and what he's saying absolutely don't add up. A kid's not capable of that, and I think it's despicable to even try to play that card.

Ghakim and Tesadar like this.
  16. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

Contrary to popular belief, we on the staff aren't dumb. We know when its a macro that is being repeated by holding down a key on the keyboard.

Yes. The turning is a giveaway for something more elaborate. But not that good of a macro from the start. Its barely more than a send pet in on a repeated action.

Yes. He got caught. Appropriate actions were taken. The confession and its accuracy were given appropriate consideration. Entertainment factor included.

That about wraps it up.

Lesson learned (we hope).

Last edited: Feb 10, 2016
    Tesadar, Stamm, Ransom and 1 other person like this.
  17. Pinoit

Pinoit Well-Known Member

I lol'd and almost woke my kid up...