Dev's decisions regarding chardok 2.0, ct, innoruuk, and dracolich

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ghakim, Sep 16, 2015.

1. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

The client damage formula and 'tables' (it's actually a cap on a damage multiplier roll) will be changing on this server very soon.

As for the Chardok cords and ring, I'm leaning in favor of disabling them, personally. Cords are BIS even for Velious. A MT with a ring is significant on 32k hp raid bosses as well if it stacks. (does it stack?)

Last edited: Sep 17, 2015
  2. Elroz

Elroz I Feel Loved Staff Member

The ring effect shouldn't stack with mage or druid damage shields. The quest is time consuming enough that I don't think many people will finish it anyways if it's put it. I'm ok with whatever you decide though, as there's tons of things to work on outside of raiding in kunark already.

3. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

Aegis of Bathezid (Ring2 clicky) is a Slot 1 DS. So it's on the same line as Druid's Shield of Thorns line and doesn't stack.

On 32k HP mobs Damage shield isn't extremely relevant. Most of them should be dying in 2-3 minutes or less. It's the unslowable Velious mobs where damage shield tops the parse.

A Velious tank with Mage DS, Bard DS x2, and Shaman DS potion goes over 100 DS and its unresistable, unmitigated damage. Every Velious parse should have the MAin Tank at top with DS accounting for upwards of 70% of their total damage.

Cords are definitely BiS for a tank during Kunark. Come Velious though there are higher AC options. Plus the respawns on the mobs for that quest I'm fairly sure are 3-day or so. They won't be raining from the sky + Sinew is rather rare plus the Drusella piece.

sourdiesel likes this.
  4. robregen

robregen Administrator Staff Member

5. Seknah

Seknah Member

Drusella is the only 3 day, not including Trakanon for the Sinew. The Sinew didn't drop from the golems until the Chardok revamp in Velious. All the other mobs are on 12ish hour respawn.

6. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

1 mob is 24 hours and Drusella is either 1 or 3 days, plus the sinew being rare from golems.

7. robregen

We will leave the ring in and cords can wait until Velious.

Ransom likes this.
  8. Ghakim

Ghakim Well-Known Member

Thanks for the reply Rob!

9. Oiwon

Oiwon People Like Me

Here's a thought! And maybe I'm speaking for some others here as well..

Perhaps since you guys have to take select drops out of the game because they are out of Era and OP, you could also occasionally add in some cool and fun stuff like Guise of the deceiver, or J boots in Najena, maybe even Rubicite. How about all of the above!?
    Maybe on a special occasion or something...
    The Guise could drop for the month leading up to Kunark release as a veteran reward to those of us who were here for Vanilla.
    I understand it's your intention to build a replica of AK, but something temporary like that couldn't possibly hurt, right?
    Just a humble and fun suggestion!
    Some of us have been good boys and girls.
    *bats eyes*

Last edited: Sep 18, 2015
    Sturmm likes this.
  10. Dranthor

Dranthor Active Member

I like the idea of awarding some cool items like these (or even custom items maybe) at a special event. However, making these campable / farmable makes people lose their minds when supply << demand.

11. Oiwon

Oiwon People Like Me

Man i had a great time camping all those things and meeting people outside of my normal social circle. That is how they dropped. And yeah they eventually got nerfed but we also don't have a HUGE population here.

The problem with special events is if the person misses that event that day, they miss out really big.

I guess if you were worried about people hogging the camp you could give it a chance to drop off all named mobs within the zone. That way everyone would have a chance at glory. (for a limited time)

Again, just throwing a fun and hopefully realistic and rewarding idea out there.
    I understand TAKProject is not about custom content.
    But it could still have a playful side :)

12. Dranthor

Dranthor Active Member

I guess I don't really see the difference if you miss a day or a month, you've still missed it.

I dislike the idea of anyone getting a functional advantage over others simply by being at a certain place at a certain time. I'd rather see duplicates of existing attainable items in a different armor model or some other cosmetic type reward than actual items that were never on AK. Or as an example, at a special event you could reward a monk with a duplicate of one of their BIS robes with a different graphic and maybe marginally better stats (like add 5 Charisma or something inconsequential) just for some bragging rights. Also just throwing ideas out there though.

13. Oiwon

Oiwon People Like Me

Well now actually some of those items were on AK, they were handed out by GMs, randomly on some random day.
    It sounds like you are opposed to it for your own reasons and have your own ideas, that's cool. Just trying to encourage some fair fun.
    When those items originally dropped on live only people that were there for the beginning had them.
    Not just the dudes that happened to be on EQ for a GM event on a holiday weekend, while most people were busy doing family activities.
    Custom graphics for custom weapons and stuff for people? I don't think your suggestion existed on AK. Also not sure if the Devs would go for something like that.

I'm not trying to exclude anybody. I'm suggesting some fun veteran rewards for this small dedicated/loyal community before this server population blows up, which is going to eventually happen.

14. wharhogg

wharhogg Member

The INT16 database limits the creation of new items....as peqmac is short on item id's as a whole.

15. Dranthor

Dranthor Active Member

Bolding "the beginning" doesn't change the fact that in principle requiring someone be there for a specific day, or month, or few months are the same limited time opportunity. Maybe some people have family obligations that take months or years, or don't allow them to camp whatever it is at the time... I guess they are less deserving. Also, I don' think those pre-nerf items were put in on purpose for a short time, they were removed as soon as it became obvious that there was a problem suggesting they shouldn't have been there in the first place.

You want to be rewarded with stuff that was so OP that it was removed from live (excluding special events), just because you happen to be playing right now. That's fine. My opinion is that I disagree. Offering cosmetic or other rewards (using existing models if making custom items, assuming the database has IDs available) is a better option IMO because you can still have bragging rights or memorabilia without getting OP items "just cuz". Maybe the AK devs never made a custom item, but assuming it is possible I think it's up to the devs here whether or not to do it. Don't they have a raid-on-a-stick proving they have the ability to do this?

Really, my point wasn't that they have to make up items, it was that causing community chaos so people can competitively farm some pre-nerf items seems like a bad way to go about it.

Veteran reward - yes, good idea. Supply shortage, functional advantage - no thanks.

16. robregen

Customizing items and stuff is not our goal. Maybe after we reach our final expansion and opened up PoP end raid, we might come up with something. Anyhow this is off topic. This is best to be discuss in a suggestion forum under a new topic.

17. Oiwon

Oiwon People Like Me

Your'e right it has gotten off topic. Didn't mean to make a fuss :)

So yeah, Chardok. Looking forward to seeing if i can even crawl through that zone or if not how much help i'm going to need.

18. Khorpus

Khorpus Well-Known Member

I agree that it makes the most sense that when Velious comes out, the Velious era loot that were in non-velious zones becomes available, and so on regarding the rest of the expansions. It seems to keep with nothing being in place before it was meant to be.

And Oiwon while I'm a big fan of you, I think the GM event stat/runspeed/invis hand outs is an absolutely horrible idea :p I'm not a fan of handing out items you're supposed to camp or quest for just because you've played on the server for awhile or you really want those items without having to acquire them through normal means. It ruins the rules and purpose of the game. If it was purely aesthetic like a gnome or ogre illusion clicky or whatever, or a title or maybe some potions or something that'd be alright but I hate the idea of someone getting something with stats or an invis clicky or items that help with combat or runspeed that are already available in the game with often serious difficulty behind them. What happens next? It becomes a weird custom server where epics can drop from hill giants because it's Easter weekend? KEI scrolls are handed out to people that attended TAKP's anniversary? :p It suddenly becomes stupid and people with free Jboots will wish they had just waited for a GM event instead of spending all of that time camping the ancient cyclops. I think free loot that isn't aesthetic only kinda ruins it for everyone. Just what I think.

Whups just read Rob's response. I agree this should have been somewhere else lol.

Oiwon likes this.
  19. Oiwon

Oiwon People Like Me

Those were just some examples Khorp. I think illusions/titles are most realistic also and prob the easiest. We'll see though :) It was just a suggestion. Was trying to get everyone spoiled a lil bit

20. Khorpus

Khorpus Well-Known Member

Is The Warrens on Odus coming out when Kunark launches?

21. robregen

Ransom and Khorpus like this.
  22. Cerebro

Cerebro Member

Yea from the stickies people don't seem to get that impression.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2015
  23. Cerberus

Cerberus Active Member

post so have the sarnak lighting caller been disabled? the drop becuase i have been at this name of over a week now

Oiwon likes this.
  24. robregen

it's not disabled. it's just very rare drop

Oiwon likes this.
  25. Bum

Bum I Feel Loved

old bump

What's the dev thoughts on enabling all chard drops now that kurnark has been out for so long?

26. Verdent

Verdent People Like Me

Will jeldorin ever make it into the game?

27. Kagatob

Kagatob People Like Me

Chardok2.0 is Velious.

28. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

Chardok 2.0 is very nearly Luclin! October 8th 2001 to be precise:

http://www.tski.co.jp/baldio/patch/20011008.html

Last edited: Jun 9, 2016
  29. Bum

Bum I Feel Loved

Not talking chardok 2.0, we already have it

Just the remaining 5 drops:

Jeldorin
    Herbalist Spade
    21/24 sk piercer
    Argent protector
    Korucust 2hs

30. Jugo!

Jugo! People Like Me

21/24 SK piercer actually drops, so we are just missing 4 drops. I understand the 3 2h's being locked until mid Velious, but I dont understand Jeldorin still being locked.
    In either case, I noticed Warrens and Stonebrunt were available on Dev. Was this announced? (And when will JaggedPine be released?)