Greenmist v. jeldorin

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Cutty, Nov 23, 2015.

1. Cutty

Cutty Well-Known Member

My question is about balance more than the weapons... to be honest. Not to kick off a huge rant... but if Greenmist is allowed, should Jeldorin not be allowed? Greenmist is still the far superior weapon even after all is said and done... but would give Paladins a "Greenmist-ish" alternative. The other day people were discussing what is a Paladins alternative and Rod of Faith was mentioned... but I wouldn't put these two weapons in the same category.

I understand the Jeldorin came with the chardok revamp, but there are a lot of things about Greenmist that are out of era as well. Not to throw shade on SK's at all.. more power to them and I applaud everyone who has completed the quest. It would just be nice to have a similar alternative available on Pally side. Particularly a Pally that likely could not complete epic lol.

Either way I'll go with the flow of course without much issue... just throwing it out there.

2. Kagatob

Kagatob People Like Me

Pretty sure that mob isn't even set to spawn yet.

3. Bum

Bum I Feel Loved

Battle Master Sku was up the other day

4. Cutty

Cutty Well-Known Member

I understood the item was removed from loot table is all.. because not consistent with the era.

5. robregen

robregen Administrator Staff Member

Greenmist involves a lot of work for factions for non iksars, not to mentioned the questlines that involves in it. It's not something you need to camp for unlike Jeldorin.

6. Cutty

Cutty Well-Known Member

Well, in velious it should balance out.. not the end of the world or anything. SK just have an enormous advantage right now.

7. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

Some of these future era items are close calls. Honestly I'd have rather disabled the Greenmist than enabled both however. As Rob said, we left in the Greenmist because of the work involved. (I hope the faction checks are working) We also want to keep the list reasonably short.

8. Cutty

Cutty Well-Known Member

I guess a tradeoff could be that armor is pretty hard to come by for an SK.. not impossible.. but tougher than PAL for sure

9. Cerebro

Cerebro Member

ESPECIALLY Ikky SK armor!

10. Tollen

Tollen Member

Has anyone completed greenmist yet?

11. sourdiesel

sourdiesel Active Member

If we are taking items out of the game that were in on AK due to the Era of the item then we should be adding in Era specific items like guise, cos, etc to even it out.

atnobot likes this.
  12. vannari

vannari Well-Known Member

SK armor is not bad but yea Iksar SK.... yikes. p.s. I just need two kills to complete Greenmist, one is easy, the other one is Drusella in Charasis who is always dead :(

Last edited: Nov 23, 2015
  13. Tollen

Tollen Member

yeah don't see how SK armor is harder then pali to get except for iksar.

14. Mithryn

Mithryn Member

I believe the idea to not add some era-specific items into the game is so content isn't trivialised. As far as I understand, the intention is not to make this a progression server, but to balance things out so we can enjoy some challenge while the other expansions are being worked on.

Guise, cos, circlet, etc. were taken out of the game by SOE because it trivialised content, so allowing them in the game would undo the point above.

15. Tollen

Tollen Member

I agree with what your saying Mithryn, But I think the point of the OP was.

Why is greenmist not trivializing content when its a better weapon then jeldorin?

greenmist takes time to get yes, but Jeldorin was very rare drop. Id venture to guess you could quest greenmist faster then get Jeldoring to drop.

Cutty likes this.
  16. Lenas

Lenas I Feel Loved

Yes.

17. Cutty

Cutty Well-Known Member

Yeah as much as I would love to see some guise, CoS, holgresh etc floating around... that's not something I would dwell on... neither is this, really... Tollen pretty much nailed my feelings on it. I realize faction grinding sucks and all but... not too bad a setback.

A random inquiry... was Long Sword of Ethereal Energy on AK? Not that it's some dream weapon or anything but I had one on live and wouldn't mind having one here.

18. Ravenwing

Ravenwing I Feel Loved

No, the LSoEE was replaced with the Scimitar of Ethereal Energy in January of 2002, so we had the nerfed version on AK.

Cutty likes this.
  19. surron

surron People Like Me

in terms of dps yea i'd say Greenmist is comparable to Jeldorin but the proc on Jeldorin makes it way too good for a Kunark era item. The only other items on our server that will exist with that proc are from XTC and VZ.

when it comes to iksar SK armor, doesn't velious era armor drop in our PoFear?

20. Tollen

Tollen Member

PoFear drops Greenmist armor yes, it prob came out during velious but is not comparable to velious armor.

Greenmist the sword is a velious era quest no?

21. Cerebro

Cerebro Member

Greenmist has been completed. Greenmist armor drops currently in PoFear off like 2 mobs that no one ever kills. This is in contrast to the dozens of regular SK armor dropping mobs that are up in PoFear.

Cutty likes this.
  22. Cutty

Cutty Well-Known Member

I'm just saying with my Pally I started in a full set of Dwarven armor that is still pretty nice at 56.. many of the fear pieces I passed on. For SK if you were to get Ogre cultural or something, the stats aren't that amazing, most likely for racial balance, darkforge is nothing fancy, the Amy knights are tougher to clear out so often times left alone (until recently) and the nightmares for iksar SK armor are very rare as was said.. but yes.. ahead of era. In terms of dps I can't even put the word...

...in the same line as Paladin. I can live with Rod of Faith it's pretty decent... but will be looking forward to when Jeldorin is in game.