Patch questions

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ravenwing, Nov 5, 2015.

1. sourdiesel

sourdiesel Active Member

With TAKP doing progression FG is likely to be far more populated then on AK. But once PoP is released it will be back to a ghost town basically.

Ransom likes this.
  2. surron

surron People Like Me

Torven will the IVA ring here generate agro?

3. Lenas

Lenas I Feel Loved

Most likely since I believe he used it a lot in his Valor AOE videos.

4. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

You're crazy if you think I'll put that in

5. Aerili

Aerili Member

I read it and I'm not taking issue with you. I'm just stating that it harmed my experience so that the discussion might consider people who play outside of US or Euro times.

It goes to the point that Mokli made about what happens when someone turns up wanting to xp and the whole zone is screwed up or monopolised because someone or a group is shaker paging?

6. surron

surron People Like Me

:(

7. furst

furst Member

thats what she said

8. sourdiesel

sourdiesel Active Member

Not classic....

Someone had to say it

9. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

Sony fixed that one immediately after they saw us exploiting it back in 2003

10. Cazar

Cazar Well-Known Member

Is there any chance we could change the FD timer from 10 minutes back down to 2 minutes? For static mobs, this is not an issue as they return to their spawn point, but with pathers, the odds for them to forget me before the 10 minutes are fairly low. I believe 10 minutes for a pull to be excessive just because a mob is a pather instead of a static spawn.

I realize that this was 10 minutes on AK (from what others have said), but does that mean we have to keep it that way?

Caz

11. Fierlen

Fierlen New Member

As someone else stated in the thread, all the FD change to 10 minutes is going to do is make people /q to clear aggro instead of staying down for two minutes. In the end, the FD class will be out of action around the same amount of time but one is just more convenient than the other.

vannari, adamle00 and Cazar like this.
  12. Hyacinth

Hyacinth Active Member

just as a heads up, after 5+ years of playing being a bard on AK, i never had any resisted pacify songs aside from mobs that were straight up immune. addiitonally, the only time i ever generated aggro from a pacify song was from immune mobs due to the reverse-pac aggro bug

13. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

Hobart fixed lulls somewhere around early 2013 or late 2012.

1\eqlog_Torvia_52.txt 247696 [Mon Oct 14 07:06:19 2013] Your target resisted the Silent Song of Quellious spell.
    1\eqlog_Torvia_52.txt 260437 [Wed Oct 16 04:52:08 2013] Your target resisted the Silent Song of Quellious spell.
    1\eqlog_Torvia_52.txt 261312 [Wed Oct 16 05:31:02 2013] Your target resisted the Silent Song of Quellious spell.

Lulls have a 7.5% chance to resist on white cons and that chance decreases with level, so lulls will never fail on low-mid blues.

14. Seduce

Seduce Member

I've had fails, agros and resists in seb on dark blue mobs. Also random agro even when a successful pacify lands. Some strangeness with the lull line still.

I will say seb is behaving much more like AK was, some great work folks on the dev end.

a Few bugs though still exist, like charm pets "krup wizard for example" gating back to spawn point, necrosis bugs camp not prioving gems hardly at all. Rob is looking into necrosis camp loot from what I understand.

Best Regards,

Last edited: Nov 27, 2015
  15. robregen

robregen Administrator Staff Member

This is already fixed. It will be in at next server update.

16. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

Resists and aggro are supposed to have a chance of happening on dark blues near your level, that is intentional and happened on AK for certain. Lulls have a small chance to fade early on dark blues one level below you, whites, yellows, and reds; that is also intentional. Lulls on dark blues two or more levels below the caster should never fade early.

17. thucydides

thucydides I Feel Loved

On the subject of seb, i had all 3 bugs spawn as necrosis scarabs today. There was some back and forth in guildchat about whether or not that should be possible, with mixed opinions. thoughts, anyone?

18. Speedz

Speedz Administrator Staff Member

I don't remember any more than 1 at any given time.

19. robregen

robregen Administrator Staff Member

this is totally unrelated to the topic of this thread. Perhaps create another thread with this topic on the necrosis scarabs?

20. Seduce

Seduce Member

Ill give an example. Let me first say, its not a common occurrence. I would pac a mob, no resist message is given, which we assume is a successful land. Immediately Im move towards the mob, already in a close proximity and it agros. Now no message was given and got an immediate agro multiple times. Very rare, but it did shock me a low level blue would agro. Glad to hear the necro camp bugs were looked into.

Best,

Last edited: Nov 28, 2015
  21. Lenas

Lenas I Feel Loved

I have pacified all over Seb, HS and KC and I can say with certainty that I have never had a mob agro after a successful paci land. I always time my paci, never more than four before a pull, and it has always worked out.

I have even dragged 4 corpses from Chef in Seb to zone in with my enchanter and paci, zero resists or agro. The spell does not need fixing.

22. Seduce

Seduce Member

Lenas,

Its always important to keep an open mind while discussing possible game related bug fixes. Server has a perpetually amount of complex scripting, people merely provide feedback from experience, which I stand firmly by mine.

While at work, Im providing audio related assets to games, but this fundamentally meaning Im testing and debugging before uploading to sourcesafe for a new game build for testing. I certainly hope to do what I can to provide constructive feedback in support of TAKP.

Best Regards,

23. Lenas

Lenas I Feel Loved

If you truly feel something is wrong with pacify, leave your logs on for a few days of play and post the results.

24. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

Lulls had a chance to fade early down to -4 dark blues for one patch cycle before I changed it again after having time to make more logs. That may be the source of the confusion.

25. Ghakim

Ghakim Well-Known Member

Also please remember that lulls become much better with level. Level effects them more the charisma does so if you are around the level of the mob you will encounter a lot more problems then if you are a few levels beyond the mob.

A lot of people's experience from AK or elsewhere was likely based when they were well above the level of the mob.

Mokli and Speedz like this.
  26. Speedz

And this I am sure is the core issue behind many debates on server dynamics that we have now.

Mokli likes this.
  27. sourdiesel

sourdiesel Active Member

So lull line of spells have a chance to LAND but then immediately wear off or what is the timer? Had this happen to me in seb on bugs then exit mobs twice in a span of about 20 minutes only cast pacify twice each time back to back on blue mobs.

28. Speedz

I don't doubt that on each tic it rolls the chance of wear off based on the level of the caster.
    This seems to be what it was on PC anyway. I didn't pay close enough attn on AK to this part.

29. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

Since players cannot see the timers anyways, it may be more precise to set the duration at cast time. Doing randoms every tick makes it harder to get the durations u want for a given condition. And most lulls/pacify probably had a min duration they usually worked. And it was likely more than 6 secs.

30. Elrontaur

Elrontaur People Like Me

I'm not too sure about bard lulls, because I never got my bard up to a meaningful level. From observation, bard lull had a chance to fail and would sometimes aggro the mob it failed on. But resists were rare, and it usually worked splendidly. I have the most experience with the harmony line of lulls, which are very powerful in that resisted harmony seemed to have a lower chance to aggro the mob. The paci line seemed to have the most resists and would usually aggro the mob that it failed on.

From what I understood, lulls have a series of checks at cast time.

1. Level difference between caster and target. The greater this value, the greater chance of success/failure.
    2. A regular check against the target's MR, unless the lull has a modifier (i.e. Glamour of Kintaz)
    2. If the lull fails, there is a random roll that is modified by the casters CHA as to whether the mob will aggro or not.
    3. Successful casts of lull last the entire duration, unless you 'step on the mob's toes'. If your toon paths on top of the mob, it will aggro no matter how lulled it is (assuming the mob is KOS to you).

Last edited: Nov 29, 2015