Secrets's cool tweaked client

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by vannari, Oct 13, 2015.

1. vannari

vannari Well-Known Member

This is for PC players who got the client from the wiki here. It not a new client but Secrets has tweaked it to try to get rid of the double mouse cursor issue, and alt/ctrl getting stuck when alt tabbing. He posted this on rerolled but said its ok to repost here so here goes:

Secrets:

New version of the EQMac Windows Hack fix is up. (V4)

-Fixed the duplicate cursor bug entirely. Haven't been able to replicate it since this version under Windows 10.

<< no links to client binaries please >>

Instructions:
    1) Use EQMule Patch 2.2 - Patch - OFFICIAL EQMac-Windows-eqmules-Edition-standalone-v2.1
    2) Place this in the folder with eqgame.exe: << no links to client binaries please >>
    3) Create a shortcut to eqgame.exe with the parameters "patchme" like you would for titanium.
    4) DO NOT USE EQW. It will fuck up with this installed.
    5) Make sure your resolution matches your desktop resolution.
    6) Start the game. Enjoy the ease of alt tabbing between clients.

p.s. You might also need to update your eqhost.exe if you are using a fresh client.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
    Oiwon likes this.
  2. vannari

Couple of notes. The game will no longer use the gamma slider, so if the game is too dark for you, increase your gamma using graphics card driver settings. Also the game will have the windows bar at the top of the screen with the usual windows buttons on there. If this bothers you there is a way to sort of fake it into being full screen. Either change the resolution in game and change back. Or use Windows Key + M which minimizes the game and then you gotta click it again (might have to right click and do restore) and it comes back without the bar at the top. The game then looks full screen. You might be unable to alt tab though at this point because game likes to force itself to stay on top.

p.s. You can force it to alt tab by holding windows key and pressing TAB and then using the mouse wheel. If you have win7 or later with aero enabled it does that groovy tiling thing and then you can alt tab :) This also seems to break the lock for me so I can now alt tab as normal.

Also if you are having trouble getting the game to come back after doing Win M, mouse over the game icon and when you see the little window preview, right click that an do Restore. But for the resolution change is the fastest and easiest way.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2015
  3. krakmojo

krakmojo Active Member

I had to remove the copy of wsock32.dll from the TAKP folder for mine to work. I had windows native versions already it seems.

4. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

Older versions of eqmules' used wsock32. His latest didnt.

5. Cutty

Cutty Well-Known Member

Secrets is working on psock32.dll as we speak... =)

6. Tollen

Tollen Member

the first exe he posted worked great. im having issues with the lastest version. either my mouse works and my keyboard wont. or my mouse wont and keyboard will.

Also is there a way for the window not to change to entering world when you zone? it messes with my client swapper. changing the window name back to EverQuest on each zone.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2015
  7. Tollen

Tollen Member

Has anyone tried the latest changes? I'm getting keyboard and mouse issues with this update

8. Ghakim

Ghakim Well-Known Member

If I am going to install this should I start from a fresh install of the client or can I just use the client I am using with this bit of code added in?

Thanks!

9. Mokli

Mokli I Feel Loved

:(

10. Secrets

Secrets Well-Known Member

Should be able to use it with the current client with this added on top of it.

V5 is up. Fixes to some of the issues you guys have been seeing.

11. Secrets

I believe I've fixed this now. New Version (V6): << no links to client binaries please >>

-Window title no longer changes on zoning.
    -Resolution no longer has to match your desktop resolution. (still recommended you do this until I find a way of integrating X/Y positions of client window, but this will fix your hotkey programs)
    -Fixed an issue where your mouse cursor or keyboard could remain in limbo on deactivating a window.
    -Fixed an issue where alt+ctrl modifiers were clearing twice.
    -Minimizing the window with Windows Key + M will no longer cause the client to become unrecoverable.

Any issues let me know and i'll try and resolve them.

edit: forgot a patch note

12. vannari

Can use an old install as long as it was the one from the wiki to begin with.

13. furst

furst Member

Awesome secrets thanks for the work you are doing!

14. Tollen

Tollen Member

thanks for updates ill give this another try!

edit: update.

I still have issues with mouse keyboard.

even at char select i cant just hit "enter" on my keyboard i have to click on enter world with my mouse, once in game my mouse will move fine but nothing from keybaord.

I alt tab out and back in, keyboard works but mouse wont move. I can see the mouse moving in the background on desktop at this point

how I did my install.

Copy existing eqmac folder. drop in new exe file and other filse in zip. make short cut with patchme. launch game.

15. Secrets

Can you come in IRC? irc.eqemulator.net 6667 #takpmembers I'd like to debug this with you. Also, what OS are you running?

16. Secrets

Just a note, if you're having issues with the mouse, try removing any compatibility settings from "eqgame.exe". This fixed it for Tollen

17. Tollen

Tollen Member

secrets just went over that with me in irc.

got it working thanks!

18. poursoul

poursoul Member

It seem to constantly steal focus from other windows, and in the latest version it might be streching the window vertically slightly beyond desktop resolution.

19. Secrets

The focus stealing is intentional. It's designed to steal focus on activation. If that's annoying I can add an option to disable the focus stealing in an upcoming updae.

This is because it now uses your "eq" resolution and not the resolution from your desktop. You'll have to edit eqclient.ini as follows:

[VideoMode]
    Width=<width of window>
    Height=<height of window>

V9 is now available. << no links to client binaries please >>

By the way, there is going to be a "eqw2.ini" that comes in the next update. You'll automagically have this file generated in your client folder when you place the update and run EQ for the first time. It's mainly for multiboxers:
    -Added a feature that allows you to rename individual windows. Up to 4 clients are supported. (This is to support an upcoming TAKP feature~)
    -Added a feature to allow for offsetting positions of each window by client title.

You may use HotKeyNet (included in the new version) and the Script.txt (which you can adjust) to switch between clients:

Code:
    [ Only registered users can see the bbcode. Click Here To Register... ]

For you paranoid penguins, the source code (dllmain.cpp) to the wsock32.dll is included.

20. vannari

Bazaar?! :D I just tested the version she posted above and it works perfectly for me now. :) V happy with it. I used to use Dexpot but am now using Autohotkey instead and it switches between windows instantly! And no double cursor, no alt sticking, and I can even alt tab to my browser without issue. I can force the game to go full screen and it all still works.

Also, autohotkey seems to break that force focus issue. For me the game appears in a sort of windowed mode, so I do the resolution switching trick which makes it look full screen, but it then refuses to alt tab. But if I just use my autohotkeys to jump windows it breaks the focus and then I can alt tab to anything I please :) I can even alt tab back to the full screen window and everything remains intact. Works great.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2015
  21. poursoul

poursoul Member

No I checked, it's just a little bit of that text stretching if you put chat in just the right vertical regions. It may be my fault for some other reason though.

It's really designed not to be able to tab out to a web browser for 2 seconds?
    Also, it looks like Windows+D has the same bug Windows+M had.

Thanks for working on this btw, it's really appreciated.

22. poursoul

poursoul Member

Another minor bug is when you alt-f4 to close the window from the login/server select screen it must not really close the program, because the window reappears as it was a few seconds later.

23. surron

surron People Like Me

What is Client1Key=73 etc mean in eqw2.ini when I see <hotKey numPadEnd> in your Script.txt file?

24. surron

surron People Like Me

I then needed to download Visual C++ Redistributable For VS 2015

btw im on windows 7 64 bit and am not using the eqmac download from the wiki

works good, no longer need my hotkey program and I like the auto load script with hotkeynet. thanks secrets!

edit* wish in game gamma worked though

Last edited: Oct 14, 2015
  25. vannari

^ I did that originally too but Secrets recommends using the wiki version so I switched to that.

26. Secrets

Hasn't been fixed yet. It's going to be built in hotkey switching once I finish it.

Glad it's working other than a few issues.

surron likes this.
  27. vannari

It's a definite improvement on the original, thanks for all your efforts!

28. surron

surron People Like Me

There is a bug when using 2 monitors (this could be a bug with just 1).

Mouse will never leave EQ when trying to alt tab to another window.

Steps to recreate

1. using hotkeynet, i cycle through all my eq windows. everythings good
    2. alt tab out of EQ to chrome, everythings good. mouse works.
    3. click back into EQ screen (not alt tab back or use hotkeynet keys). mouse works in eq, everythings good.
    4. try to alt tab back to chrome (mouse never leaves eq now)... if you hold down alt you can move the mouse outside of EQ but just refocuses EQ window when you left or right click

i think it has something to do with clicking back into the EQ window

29. Speedz

Speedz Administrator Staff Member

As cool as this is, we can't support the distribution of client binaries.
    The wiki which is not hosted or maintained by the takp or EQMacEmu team already accepted the responsibility of links.

30. Khorpus

Khorpus Well-Known Member

Wow this is an amazing project. I just wanted to say how grateful I am for all of the hard work to make this happen. I can't wait to try it. This community truly has some amazing people with great talent and so many resources. Thanks you guys, high five.

Stamm and gardnerjens like this.