Leatherfoot raider skullcap

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ghakim, Oct 7, 2015.

1. Ghakim

Ghakim Well-Known Member

From the patch notes

Cavedude

* Bladestopper and Leatherfoot Raider skullcap will no longer be vendor sellable or rechargable.

I thought from AK leatherfoot cap was rechargeable. Just checking on this.

Thanks!

2. Lenas

Lenas I Feel Loved

I did as well but could be mistaken.

3. Cazar

Cazar Well-Known Member

This was rechargable on AK.

4. Luddwig

Luddwig Active Member

Yes, as was Bladestopper. Perhaps they don't like people recharging these items?

5. robregen

robregen Administrator Staff Member

it was cheap to do them. we're going to do a revamp of vendor rechargables for next week patch so it won't be so cheap.

Luddwig likes this.
  6. Khorpus

Khorpus Well-Known Member

Good to know was considering getting one for the ol' warrior but yeah super cheap.

7. Ravenwing

Ravenwing I Feel Loved

I don't know about the leatherfoot skullcap, but with good charisma the Bladestopper should sell to a vendor for 8 plat and cost 189 plat to buy back.

(And while on the subject of rechargeable Naggy loot, Prayers of Life sell for 22p and cost 1260p to buy back.)

Edit: Whoops, Mechaike on the old Tem boards tested the Leatherfoot cap and said ~93 plat to recharge, although I don't know if that's the vendor buyback cost or the net recharge (i.e. double the buyback minus whatever you receive for selling it).

Last edited: Oct 8, 2015
  8. Khorpus

Khorpus Well-Known Member

Yeah I was just talking about the skull cap, I don't know for sure but I believe it's a matter of a few gold.

9. Pinoit

Pinoit Well-Known Member

Here it was a gold to recharge. on p99 it was 90-100 plat depending on your faction. I assume that's what Rob is talking about...

10. cavedude

cavedude Administrator Staff Member

Thanks for the price info. We didn't catch Bladestopper or Leatherfoot on AK and our prices for both were obviously wrong. We did catch Prayers of Life, and your price is right on the money with our data. We have 22pp to sell, which is multiplied by a sellrate of 50 to buy for 1200pp before cha/faction/greed. Greed is typically 5%, so that is your 1260pp on the nose.

Luddwig likes this.
  11. cavedude

Minor question that I noticed while working on this... When you right clicked a charged item on a merchant on AK how many charges did it show? Was it always 1 like items links are, or its max?

12. Ravenwing

Ravenwing I Feel Loved

Neither - it displayed the actual current number of charges on the top (first sold) item of that type. Which means the actual current number of charges on all items of that type, since that's how vendor recharging works: the first copy of an item sold sets the charge count, and subsequent copies seem to "stack up" behind it, but lose their own individual charge counters in favor of the count on the top-level item.

In case it's useful, I have buyback notes for most of the usual suspects when it comes to vendor rechargeing. No logs, unfortunately, but these should be accurate to within 1 plat unless otherwise noted:

puppet strings: 410 plat
    earring of the frozen skull: 3 gold
    wooly spider silk net: 21 plat
    midnight mallet: 420 plat
    Larrikan's mask: 6 gold
    crypt master's conjuring stone: ~2.1k plat according to Delorne (approximate, might be rounded to the nearest 100p)
    bladestopper: 189 plat
    prayers of life: 1260 plat
    leatherfoot raider skullcap: ~93 plat according to Mechaike (not sure if this is net cost or buyback, but at least it gives an idea of order of magnitude)
    Thulian wand: ~500 plat according to Lassua (ditto above; could be net or buyback, might be rounded)

On a related note, most player-made items (stalking probes, 10-dose shaman potions) seem to be vendor rechargeable at a not-totally-prohibitive but definitely inefficient (vs. making new ones) rate.

Oiwon and Luddwig like this.
  13. cavedude

That's perfect thank you! The prices are very helpful, right off the bat that confirms to me that Puppet Strings are correct in our DB.

One more question, when you recharged did you have to sell the items back in a specific order? Meaning did the item with 0 charges needed to be sold first, and then then full one or did it not matter?

14. Ravenwing

Ravenwing I Feel Loved

The full one has to be sold first.

If you sell a "new" item that fills a blank space in a vendor's inventory, that item retains its charge number. If you sell an item that duplicates one already in the vendor's inventory, it doesn't matter how many charges the duplicate item has; the vendor will now have two items with the charge count of the original.

So if you screw up and sell the empty item first, and don't catch yourself, you'll end up with two items with no charges instead of two items with full charges.

15. cavedude

Terrific! That is super easy to implement. Thank you very much for the info!

16. Ravenwing

Ravenwing I Feel Loved

No problem! Thanks for working on it!

By the way, your last question reminded me of a not-very-important but possibly related bug, which I've posted here: http://www.takproject.net/forums/index.php?threads/vendor-inventory-issue.4025/

Since the "last sold" copy of an item currently seems to be refreshing the order of the vendor list on TAKP, it wouldn't surprise me if charges were working the same way (i.e. in reverse of the correct order, where the first item rather than the last sets charge data for the "stack.")