8-17-2022

Discussion in 'Changelog' started by robregen, Aug 17, 2022.

1. anotheregostar

anotheregostar Well-Known Member

Is Haynar back with the project? Or just attributing past work on the Nav-Mesh stuff to him?

2. robregen

robregen Administrator Staff Member

He's free to contribute whenever it's necessary.

3. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

If people would report this stuff right away, then it would be removed sooner and you wouldn't be sad about it being removed because you never had it to begin with

4. Mokli

Mokli I Feel Loved

The problem is that people from live in era may not recall what is correct. This keeps happening. We are afraid we are confusing live EQ circa 2003 with any number of emu's we've played over the years or even current live which could also be incorrect. Remember GY's only exist in PoP, they added the ability to summon your corpse to the guild lobby when that was introduced in 2005. I never played long enough on AK to experience a PoP GY.

As one example:
    I have logs that show coth not available in a lot of zones, but I know a tiny bit later on from experience, coth was allowed in most PoP zones.

The memory is flawed. When some mechanic is working correctly, it makes more sense when you examine it which can jog your memory. "oh yeah!"

Not a big deal on this, everyone will adjust.

anotheregostar likes this.
  5. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

IT WORKS!!!

Thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you

anotheregostar likes this.
  6. Gindainy

Gindainy Well-Known Member

Regarding the corpse situation, it was also very nice for people who knew they were going to be late to a given raid. They could pre-make the corpse and pre-consent rogues or other members, so when they were able to log on they could just get a rez and catch up. Especially nice for guilds with a lot of 3 boxing as dragging more than 2 corpses at a time is super inconvenient.

I know nothing I'm going to say here is going to change it, but I do think it's a pretty big change and it's going to just make things a lot more inconvenient for casual players while those who are already deeper in progression will never see the effects and thus find it to be minor.

Also, I had no idea it was a bug. I thought I had remembered corpses being tethered to GYs in PoP, but pretty much every guild I knew was using this mechanic, so I just figured "oh every is doing it, it must be right". It was used pretty widely and openly, so I'm shocked it was just discovered now.

azathoth likes this.
  7. Goodest

Goodest New Member

Maybe if the Drakes had a 3 day repop (like live and every other TLP) and not a 7 day we could, but doze tears flow and symbols are the blockers.

8. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

Drakes were 3 days here for a bit before evidence was brought up showing they were 7 days.

Praesertum and Drakes both had this issue on AK. 7 day timers vs the 3 day timer most people are familiar with.

3 Day respawn would be convenient but not AKurate.

Radda likes this.
  9. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

I will help as needed. I am just not taking an active role on the project anymore. Currently just looking at some code work, focusing on stability while zoning, and LD issues.

Notorious, Linkamus, Majo and 16 others like this.
  10. anotheregostar

anotheregostar Well-Known Member

Nice to see you still involved in any capacity =)

showstring, Foxboxx, Pithy and 4 others like this.