Trophy Trios: the Three-Box Challenge

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Pithy, Nov 30, 2016.

1. Pithy

Pithy I Feel Loved

so0oO0o shiny.........

2. thucydides

thucydides I Feel Loved

[​IMG]

Pithy and Ravenwing like this.
  3. Saenayil

Saenayil People Like Me

Moar dargins. Harla Dar and Esorpa of the Ring!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Esorpa wasn't too bad, but Harla took forever and a half. mother*** dispel mobs

I don't think I'll go back to WW any time soon.

Mewse, Ripwind, Walex and 3 others like this.
  4. Pithy

Pithy I Feel Loved

I trio'd the Diaku Overseer the other day with SK/CLR/ENC. The 2k hits and AE rampages were fun.

Ripwind, Walex, Smudge and 4 others like this.
  5. Saenayil

Saenayil People Like Me

I've been wanting to do this one for a long time. Venril Sathir (triggered) defeated. I thought they were supposed to be identical, but the triggered version seemed a little easier than regular VS?

[​IMG]

Mokli likes this.
  6. Mokli

Mokli I Feel Loved

I always thought the triggered one is a bit easier here, but everyone always said they were the same. Less lifetaps from my experience.

7. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

Triggered VS is easier, less lifetaps it seems. Impressive kill!

Triggered Trakanon is harder, more lifetaps it seems and a little bit more difficult to pull.

DubRemix88 likes this.
  8. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

Finally got around to soloing Nagafen with my 52 Warrior:

https://www.takproject.net/magelo/character.php?char=Dalbaen

Lord Nagafen in 515s, 32075 @62 | Dalbaen 32075@(62 in 515s) [100%]

Dalbaen -vs- Lord Nagafen: -- DMG: 32075 -- DPS: 62 -- Scaled: 62 -- Environmental: 17132 -- Slash: 14614 -- Kick: 329 -- % dmg as normal: 98.7% -- Non-crit rate: 99.3% -- crippling rate: 0.7% -- Attempts: 1326 -- Hits: 757 -- Missed: 407 -- Defended: 162 -- Accuracy: 65% -- Avg Hit: 42 -- Max hit: 717 -- DMG to PC: 33809

I used epic 1handers for the fight for the fashion, I think Vyemm 2hander is better DPS but doesn't look nearly as cool. In the end I used a full Bladestopper, 6 Prayers of Life and 6 full 10 Dose Stinging Wort Potions. There was a point in the beginning of the fight I didn't realize that beastlord HP buff blocked stinging wort so I burned a charge or too unnecessarily.

In all I think recharge cost of those runs around 7k from Prayers, 6k from Worts and 400 from bladestopper. Nagafen was kind enough to drop 2 CoFs to offset the cost!

I think it is finally time to move my warrior out of Nagafen's Lair. His watch is over!

Video if you want to watch the thrilling autoattack fight for 9 minutes with the worst possible resolution available on the internet in 2022.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2022
    Radda, Frosst, Cadsuane and 8 others like this.
  9. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

that's awesome! well done

omg holy hell at those prayers of life in the bags

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 21, 2022
  10. Mewse

Mewse New Member

Been a pretty wild ride reading through this. Some of the stuff you nerds have pulled off is rather remarkable. Definitely more interesting than the P99 "Here's all the stuff my enchanter soloed" thread.

Pithy likes this.
  11. Pithy

Pithy I Feel Loved

I mean, most of the tough trios are X/ENC/CLR with a charmpet. Most of the tough trios yet to be accomplished will be ENC/ENC/CLR (or MAG/ENC/CLR in BoT) with two charmpets. I do like reading about the cool stuff people do without charm, or with interesting tactics in addition to charm. So much of PoP with AK's ruleset is just "sic charmpet, mash CH, profit".

Mewse and Elroz like this.
  12. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

I think at this point in PoP the solo and one group accomplishments will be more entertaining than the 3 box ones due to what Pithy mentions.

I do think there are a few pretty wild 1-group targets still out there to be done. And I think solo players have a few cool targets to finish off especially as people get more saturated in PoTime gear and are max AA.

Cadsuane and Pithy like this.
  13. Mewse

Mewse New Member

I probably should have said so in my post, but this is the stuff I've enjoyed the most in this thread, and why it stands out to me so much more than the P99 thread. Some of the solo kills have been really cool to see, and remind me of the old threads of yore. Not to discount charm, it's a legit mechanic, it's just so overpowering that I'm always more interested in the creative ways people find to achieve things without it. Really cool thread.

Pithy likes this.
  14. thucydides

thucydides I Feel Loved

[​IMG]
    3 down, one to go!

Slayzz, Saenayil, DubRemix88 and 7 others like this.
  15. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

[​IMG]

Stomach event from beginning to end defeated! This is probably the most difficult fight I've done so far as a trio.

Break, Saenayil, DubRemix88 and 10 others like this.
  16. Cadsuane

Cadsuane People Like Me

Dru/Pal/Ench?

17. Walex

Walex I Feel Loved

Nice one!

18. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

Cler/Pal/Enc. Cleric needs some EXP! One day he will reach 18 FT

19. thucydides

thucydides I Feel Loved

[​IMG]
    warrior tank trio'd all 4 tower bosses. need a new project.

Ravenwing, pivoo, Frosst and 4 others like this.
  20. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

I’d be curious if war 2 Cler or war Cler bard can do Grummus.

21. Barnd0g

Barnd0g People Like Me

Do them in non time gear

22. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

Time gear allows you to stretch a lot of these targets. Just like Elemental gear does. And in Luclin VT gear. People weren’t going to be 3-boxing Trakanon without VT gear for example.

It’s fun to see what’s possible on this server. It will be a long time off before people have trios of characters with full time gear unless you’re sharing accounts etc. But I’m sure there are some more cool targets that open up with 10.5k HP warriors and 8k mana Clerics.

23. Barnd0g

Barnd0g People Like Me

I said what I said

24. Barnd0g

Barnd0g People Like Me

maybe split this thread to time geared vs others

25. Smudge

Smudge People Like Me

Then we can also split it between No Ench, 1 Ench, 2 Ench, Bard Only, Cleric Only, Pre-Raid Gear, Sub EP Gear, EP Gear, Time Gear. Those would be great additions.

Or we could just appreciate the accomplishments and use our own judgement to decide how impressive they are with gear, AAs, class comp etc. taken into consideration.

26. Saenayil

Saenayil People Like Me

Gryme
    Villager trial

27. Elroz

Elroz I Feel Loved Staff Member

sontalak would be a good one, he might be easy now though idk.

edit: whoops he's already on the list, but i still bet he's 3boxable

Last edited: Jul 27, 2022
  28. Gindainy

Gindainy Well-Known Member

I say go for all 6 PoJ trials next.

Break likes this.
  29. Pithy

Pithy I Feel Loved

clear NToV?

30. Frosst

Frosst Well-Known Member

Charm Hatchings, Mash CH, and nuke with druid? Keeping that pet under control for so long...would be tedious. Might be doable, but would be a grind.

Or were you thinking of another trio/strat?