Unique Box - Enc / Rogue / Bard. Thoughts?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by apdosp01, May 30, 2022.

1. apdosp01

apdosp01 New Member

Thoughts on playing Enc / Rogue / Bard for planes of power? Not super optimal I am sure. Figured I could charm with enc and bard or just tank with bard and dps with rogue. Just regen song afterwards. I know it's not efficient. Thoughts? Stupid idea?

2. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

Waiting on Regen song to heal you will be very slow.

This trio having no healer at all is extremely limiting if you want to play with just your trio. With a full group it will do great.

If you wanted to do bard/enchanter/rogue your best bet would be to charm on enchanter, auto Mez on bard and maybe throw summoned fangs on rogue or something.

3. Mukk

Mukk People Like Me

You won't tank PoP mobs with a bard without a healer. Maybe with level 65 and raid gear? But still, unwise at best. Regen song would take forever to regen the amount of hp's you need.

4. Tuluvien

Tuluvien I Feel Loved

I'm doing a SK/Bard/Wiz on the side and its rough. A LOT of downtime without a healer. Lifetaps, 2 Regen items and Bard song still take time, and there is no room for error without backup heals.

5. Pithy

Pithy I Feel Loved

Snare on bard, aggro kite on chanter, stab on rogue? It wouldn't be particularly good or (IMO) fun, but I'm sure you could get to 65. There's lots of non-summoning stuff to aggro kite in PoP.

6. thucydides

thucydides I Feel Loved

Maybe a hot button on enc that does 3x tash or something, bard autofollows the rogue singing snare song and pulses selo’s as needed, rogue stabs merrily until you see you’re getting close to enc, swap over, run forward, hit tash button again. That could be fun for a bit, probably no downtime between pulls.

7. solar

solar Administrator Staff Member

I think this is a good social trio, but it's rough to go it alone without a priest class. I wouldn't worry so much about min/maxing all 3, but being versatile and adding to a group/raid.

Tuluvien and Cadsuane like this.
  8. Cadsuane

Cadsuane People Like Me

Figure out which 1 or 2 classes you actually want to play. Then pick the second/third to complement them.

Hooplebogart and Tuluvien like this.
  9. Braven

Braven Well-Known Member

Time backstabs with mez pulses, uproar for "heals", what could go wrong?

10. Yarnee

Yarnee People Like Me

i used to do rog bard cleric, i would play mez song and time the backstabs, it worked but it wasnt efficient

11. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

I think you've discovered one of the worst trios possible, congrats.

Tuluvien and Cadsuane like this.
  12. badpoet

badpoet Member

I wonder if anyone has ever done Warrior, Rogue, Monk...

13. Saenayil

Saenayil People Like Me

I like 3 rogues. You can position them so at least 2 are always backstabbing.

But really you'll want to sub out either your rogue or your bard for a cleric. If you're dead set on playing both rogue and bard as part of a trio then your best bet will be to add a druid in place of your enchanter, or just look for trios to join. I can't think of a trio that would turn down a 4th and 5th that bring mana song + consistent DPS.

14. Slippy_Surefoot

Slippy_Surefoot Member

I run a raid trio of Ranger, Wizard and Bard. While I can kite as a trio in plane of fire, if I need to run a more traditional trio to farm I have alts (Cleric, Beast, enchanter) to mix and match. Mostly I just find a more traditional trio and bring the DPS or borrow friends well-equipped characters to sub out for certain targets.