Something wonderful happened today

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by pivoo, May 20, 2022.

1. pivoo

pivoo People Like Me

I just entered Norrath, thinking where to go next, when friendly group invited me for a trip, into wonderful places I have never been before. Gnoway was leading the way. And we went places! I've seen some strange scenery, some interesting and/or scary looking creatures. But somehow none of them seen us. Or seemed like they didn't care about us. Great! (and phew!)

Until something happened...

We were just enjoying the trip, minding our own business, when some blood-lust Praetorian Myral attacked us for no apparent reason!!! But this friendly group, leading by Gnoway, was brave! And effective. Soon Preaetorian Myral was sorry, that he attacked. He tried to flee, but it was too late. He was carrying some wand, that got into his way, he stumbled, fell and wand flew out of his hands, while he was dying and cursing the day he ran into us.

I picked it up, Wand of Causal Blessing! Yay! It is heavy, I will need to grow up first, from 34 to 55, get stronger, before I can use it. But, I promise you this, I will get stronger, and I will use it! Proudly so! With the memories to today's trip!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you Gnoway, GnotGnone, Gnomegalul for this precious day and present. You made my day!!!

Actually, I was so excited after, next hour, I had hard time focusing on fighting HG's. I was keep forgetting to turn auto-attack on, to cast slow, or to heal. :) I was keep looking at wand, it's stats... But at a time of looting, right then, I had some RL interruptions (I love the game, but no way I'm going to divorce lol) so I was a little distracted and at that time I didn't even know what I got. When I'm at your levels, I will do the same. What I have today experienced thanks to you, I will try to recreate for some low level newcomers. What a day!!!

I have lvl 50 trio with cleric in it, but to level this warrior/bard up, I started this, "temporal" cleric. Well after what happened today, now that I have this wand, this is now my MAIN cleric!!! ;)

One more thing. I was keep looking in bazaar, to get me spell: Remove Greater Curse. It is never available! And now I got it with this wand! What a good luck! I could not be happier! Thanks again!

Last edited: May 20, 2022
    Mukk, Mokli, giantfortt and 3 others like this.
  2. thucydides

thucydides I Feel Loved

Sounds like you got casually blessed today.
    Congrats

pivoo likes this.
  3. pivoo

pivoo People Like Me

Supper comment!!! LOL!!! (and thanks)

4. Neealana

Neealana People Like Me

RGC is a difficult spell to get. Grats on your wand !!

pivoo likes this.
  5. Break

Break People Like Me

You shouldn't even bother trying to buy remove greater curse. I'm not sure I've ever seen it for sale, but I have seen people offering a ton of plat to purchase it. That wand is super valuable. Grats.

pivoo likes this.
  6. Mokli

Mokli I Feel Loved

pivoo likes this.
  7. Break

Break People Like Me

Or just buy it. I have it on good authority that there is a bazaar trader that keeps a couple copies on hand for measly 750 plat. ;)

Mokli and pivoo like this.
  8. pivoo

pivoo People Like Me

The one on sale is 'Remove Curse, the spell I was talking about and it is on a wand is: 'Remove Greater Curse'. I'm assuming this 'Greater' part is needed at higher levels. Although I don't know, I'm new to EQ world.

So wand is super valuable? Cool! I didn't even know what I got.
    Looks like I made a proper decision, that this lowly cleric is now my main one.
    Thanks all :)

9. Mokli

Mokli I Feel Loved

Remove curse removes 8 counters of curse. Remove Greater Curse removes 45. There are a few uses for Remove curse even at the top end and likely more Pre-PoP. Wand is super useful, I'm just saying there are times where it won't be needed and a faster casting cure is just as good or preferred.

Last edited: May 21, 2022
    pivoo likes this.
  10. pivoo

pivoo People Like Me

Ahh I see, didn't know all this.
    Yeah definitely worth having spell as well, thanks

11. Halox

Halox Member

Very cool story. Gnoway did something very very similar one day a couple weeks ago for me while I was on my necro. A very nice guy!

pivoo likes this.
  12. Locci

Locci New Member

Gnoway all the way he got my necro and cleric great weapons too... a class act when he says follow me dont ask question and do as he says :)