Speedz Memorial Gnomeslaying

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Saenayil, May 8, 2022.

1. Saenayil

Saenayil People Like Me

Post pics from the event. If you won loot, please include pics/links as well!

First attempt near Splitpaw. We were taken by surprise by the gnome's increase in size, damage output and AEs when he hit 90% HP.
    [​IMG]

We regrouped near the NK bridge for another couple of attempts.
    [​IMG]

At 50% he started AEing a -350 FR check 2k damage DD AE. He also began spawning elite gnome henchment. Fortunately we had enough MGB heals to keep the raid up.
    [​IMG]

And, victory!
    [​IMG]

Thanks everyone for coming out. Thanks Torven for creating this unique experience for all of us. Super cool, unique loots were acquired and fun was had.

RIP Speedz.

Last edited: May 8, 2022
    Tesadar, Oiwon, Ripwind and 13 others like this.
  2. Foxboxx

Foxboxx People Like Me

Ugg, Luclin models! =P

Fun event. I enjoyed seeing the build up and the elaborate final gnome fight, which pretty much turned into Blaz the Omnifiend in difficulty by the end. And seeing that aviaks have archery animations really has me wishing for an illusion clicky I never once even considered!

Tesadar likes this.
  3. Pithy

Pithy I Feel Loved

This was such a touching and fitting way to memorialize Speedz. (And fun!) Thanks to all who helped organize it.

Tesadar, Oiwon, Ripwind and 5 others like this.
  4. Yinikren

Yinikren Well-Known Member

10/10, would raid the gnome again. It's neat to see drops that aren't necessarily OP but don't exist because they were removed from drop tables before AK forked.

upload_2022-5-7_19-59-20.png

Been meaning to work my rogue as my next toon for Time flags, now here's the motivation!

Thanks for all the work spent on this, devs. What a great event to remember Speedz with.

giantfortt likes this.
  5. thucydides

thucydides I Feel Loved

Agreed! It was a very nice way to remember Speedz (and his quirks) with fondness, and also have some fun gameplay with friends.

Ripwind and Pithy like this.
  6. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

I captured a little bit of the uber gnome raid attempt #2 on video. Only had a little bit of playtime... Feels bad leaving 100 corpses in the zone as a cleric :oops:

Very cool, fun and memorable event! Awesome stuff, thank you devs.

Draeko, giantfortt and Pithy like this.
  7. pivoo

pivoo People Like Me

Shouldn't there be an huge AoE rez available for raids? ;)

showstring likes this.