Yet another trio - lvl 50+ thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by pivoo, Apr 18, 2022.

Tags:
  1. Faults

Faults I Feel Loved

War/clr/wizard is a good one.

pivoo likes this.
  2. Neealana

Neealana People Like Me

Like Faults says, add a wizard.
    Then find a rogue friend !

pivoo likes this.
  3. pivoo

pivoo People Like Me

Om my to-do list, thank you!

4. pivoo

pivoo People Like Me

Deal! ;)

Neealana likes this.
  5. pivoo

pivoo People Like Me

I have few quick questions for anyone, what are the main benefits wizard brings?
    I was looking at wizard spells and it looks to me, that besides obvious porting and emergency evacuate,
    these are main benefits to have wizard in a trio:

- damage shield - this should greatly benefit warrior
    - AoE snare - so mobs don't run away, hope snare doesn't create huge aggro, or I will use root
    - nukes at the end, to finish off the mob

Did I miss any other important aspect, that wizard brings to the trio?

AoE damage - I don't plan to use it first 50-55 levels, until warrior gets some decent aggro/hate generating weapons. Two that were advised to me (BoC or SoD) sells in 35-50k range. It will take a very long time, before I can afford one of them. I'm currently using Reaver, 2HS, 40/40 (I love it) or Combo: Wavecrasher & Crystalline Spider Fang. Is there any cheap aggro generating weapon, better than what I'm using currently?

6. Saenayil

Saenayil People Like Me

For War/Clr, I think a druid adds a heck of a lot more than a wizard, including the ability to CH rot. Druids also have a nice DS that plays well with unslowed mobs.

But if you want more relaxed style, a slower a la War/Clr/Shm or War/Clr/Enc will be better, and if you charm War/Clr/Enc is the holy trinity.

pivoo likes this.
  7. pivoo

pivoo People Like Me

Thank you! I really appreciate this kind of conversation (why this combination is better instead of that one...), since I'm learning a lot this way. And I plan to try most of combinations. DRU and ENC are already at 50. Just need to bring few other to this level :)

Is it important that they are unslowed? DS on slowed does not work well?
    Or you were saying, they are not slowed, but no problem because of decent DS?

Good to know, thanks, I though paladin instead of warrior is the charming trio. Anyway, now that I started warrior, I really like him and I will definitely have him in my trio. Just need to level him up :)

Last edited: May 8, 2022
  8. Faults

Faults I Feel Loved

Yea I mean you really want an SK or Pally from what I've seen if you charm - the snap aggro is just better. But Wizard offers a ton more damage than druid can output if even druid offers a bit more utility and some extra heals. Can talk to Thucy about war/clr/wiz and its power.

pivoo likes this.
  9. anotheregostar

anotheregostar Well-Known Member

Unslowed mobs just hit more, and therefore take more damage from damage shields =)

pivoo likes this.
  10. pivoo

pivoo People Like Me

Will do, thank you!

11. pivoo

pivoo People Like Me

Man, maybe I'm just too clumsy & rusty for this game lol.
    Of course and thank you!