Courtesy and Etiquette over Named Spawns

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nemce, Jan 20, 2022.

1. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

This has been my approach. I call this "wise words of wisdom from the wise-ass"
    1. Try and keep it low drama. It's not good attracting the attention both from a server reputation aspect, nor attracting the devs attention. You definitely don't want to be on the devs radar for being a naughty child (whether warranted or not). Avoiding altercations to the best of your ability is probably the wise move to ensure your longevity on the server.
    2. If there is obvious competition for a spawn and it's unclear who has the "right" to a mob, consider the alternatives such as coming to a sharing agreement or just yielding the spawn to the other party. Also sometimes if multiple people benefit from the mob vs just me, it might be favorable to let them have it. Aka, just 1 person getting phat lewtz, versus a group of people all having fun and enjoying the content instead: let them have it.
    3. The mob is gonna drop junk loots anyway. Or, gonna get a junk spell from the spectral/glpyh anyway... So it's not worth the hassle.
    I've been in plenty of contested situations. Sometimes I'm in the right and I stick to my ground and the situation escalates, and sometimes I'm wrong and I yield and just say gl-hf and come back next time. Sometimes I team up to make it easier, and just roll for the drops.

Think of the person on the other side of screen if you're about to "steal" their pixels. Would it feel shitty if it happened to you? If yes, then it's probably not the right thing to do. What goes around comes around. You may win this time, but the situation could easily be flipped in the future and it'll suxx0r the big fat one.

Also you may enjoy your small victory pixels this time around, but your action could cause you to lose out on a much bigger juicier pixel in the future because of it. Equally, if you are nice, you may lose this small pixel this time, but win a much larger pixel in the future.

Remember there are always more opportunities for another spawn in the future. In fact, there is infinite opportunities for more pixels in the future since the server will be around forever and ever.

Also you can be nice because it feels gud ja.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2022
    pivoo and kai4785 like this.
  2. RossGuy

RossGuy Well-Known Member

Seems like even that might be too long and complicated for some. /le sigh

3. Nemce

Nemce Active Member

A single PH does not constitute a camp unless in that specific scenario the camp is a single mob. The PH for Pained Soul in TT for VP key is one mob and that's the whole camp. The same quest requires you kill Verix Kyloxs in KC in a camp called the basement camp. That is more than one mob. If someone wants basement camp that includes Verix. If you cannot/are not killing the rest of the basement then technically, yes. You should let them have the camp.

But maybe not being a dick means they should find some other camp to xp at if you are camping the VK spawn, even if they have the right. Maybe it means that you should let them have the camp and maybe you should come back later. Why do you need the VK spawn RIGHT NOW... you probably don't.

No one is camping VP keys so i figured this was a safe example that wouldn't spiral into intricacies.

4. Nemce

Nemce Active Member

Side note, check our motives. If anyone here is thinking "well hot dang, this basically means i can NEVER just roll up to a wing and claim it with my trio! I WANT to only play by myself and not have to roll on runes. I thought this was my golden ticket to solo play with solo loot." My question to you would be, why are you playing an MMO on a server with other people? Shouldn't the devs be encouraging people to play together and participate in community? Isn't that why 4 players get better xp mechanically, than 3 players? Isn't that why there is a hard 3 box limit? Shouldn't our server rules also encourage players to work together to acquire good time AND fat loot? if we removed ourselves from community entirely, what would even be the point in playing? It's not a solo game.

5. Lenas

Lenas I Feel Loved

Look, no one is going to tell you you need to clear out 20 mobs around the Froglok King or whatever in a ghost zone. But do you do this in hotly contested endgame exp zones? If you do, you should probably cede your position to the full, active groups in the area.

Use your best judgement. If that judgement nets complaints from other players, maybe reassess.

6. gardnerjens

gardnerjens People Like Me

So pacing the mobs around Verix would make it so you cant kill him if he respawns because you are not doing the basement?

7. Nemce

Nemce Active Member

I thought "surely, surely, Verix would be safe from scrutiny." o_O

jcmtg and RossGuy like this.
  8. Oiwon

Oiwon People Like Me

showstring and Womper like this.
  9. Pithy

Pithy I Feel Loved

I feel like the people causing the problems that gave rise to this thread are just optimizing for the wrong objective. The point of TAKP isn't maximizing your characters' power. The point of TAKP is to have fun with friends.

Be friendly. Make friends.

If you want to relive your long-lost glory days by speed-running a 20-year-old video game? Cool. You do you. But do you somewhere else.

pivoo, scombden, Linkamus and 9 others like this.
  10. gardnerjens

gardnerjens People Like Me

a few things to consider this is nothing new, it has been like this forever on the server with a mob like Drusella. Now since we have increased population and demand for spells we just see it more frequent, it has nothing to do with players bringing another mentality here it has always been here. what happened is that you just increase the volume of players. Sorry to say we cant avoid this, best is to try and work it out when stuff like this happens because it will

Oiwon likes this.
  11. RossGuy

RossGuy Well-Known Member

Reminds me of a wise quote I heard a while back... "You run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. You run into assholes all day, you're the asshole."

pivoo, Neealana, rainessa and 3 others like this.
  12. Nemce

Nemce Active Member

What has happened at Drusella or what has happened in the past has no bearing on what is going to happen moving forward. We are going to work together on these highly contest, HOT xp camps. Runes will probably be sought after for quite some time-- now for main raid toons and later for lvl 65 alternate toons.

GMs are not bringing into question every leapfrogging occurrence on the server. They are making a clear statement that what is going on in PoP among a small, fringe group of highly competitive individuals is not what the server will allow as acceptable behavior. Let's just be better. No need to bicker or justify being a jerk just because we have been or others have been to us before right? That's pretty crap. Change it. Fix it now and fix it for tomorrow.

FYI, we have some competitive people in NAG too. I get it folks. But I made an announcement today in NAG saying we are going to be better and what we have seen play out in a few zones, BoT being one, will not be done by us. It's not a hard concept to get. We have to uphold the environment of the server above the pixels.

13. Kagatob

Kagatob People Like Me

F that.

98bcobra and showstring like this.
  14. Yarnee

Yarnee People Like Me

If you could sit afk on one character at a spawn point of a named mob and claim it you could do that on 3 characters on 3 different nameds, how many nameds are there? thered be like 20 people with no lives or jobs camping every single named 24/7, which sounds like p99 which I dont think anyone would want to see happen here

pivoo likes this.
  15. actualspaide

actualspaide People Like Me

Its kind of hilarious we have people making the argument that its cool to be a total dick.

pivoo, Beaaden and Radda like this.
  16. Bailyvaz

Bailyvaz Member

Play nice, don't be a douche. This isn't P99. Dev's have no problem on TAKP dropping a ban hammer on ya without a second thought.

pivoo likes this.
  17. Cerberus

Cerberus Active Member

Hey all here's a tip if all this fighting going on over rune's go do plane of tactics and do the diaku armorer/supplier name's better drop rates + you don't have to wait 4 hours per name spawn .... I know you're going to say it's a pain to get to but there's a safe spot not to far off to place a coh bot . With 3 year's of VT farming 3 boxing theses names should be easy but you should be able to do both with a full group + exp. Or you can just do one name like the armorer easy camp only 2 adds in that room. Hope that helps you all play nicely LoL . Rune's per hour is any where from one to four depends on name / pH but drop rate is a lot high % wise per name kill . I have other places that rune's can be gotten from that are teir 2/3 that can be solo aka 3 box but I will keep the best places to myself hehe so if I come back and play on this server I don't have any compatition .

showstring likes this.
  18. Neealana

Neealana People Like Me

Ah, Barrakas, I have missed you )

Cerberus likes this.
  19. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

"Hey I see your group is nearby, mind if I kill RareMob123?"

IF

"No we will kill it shortly"​

THEN

-Find something else to do​

ELSEIF

"We are going to give it shot if we fail you can go for it"​

THEN

-Either wait or find something else to do​

ELSEIF

"We aren't going to kill him, go for it!"​

THEN

-Slay RareMob123​

pivoo, Linkamus and showstring like this.
  20. Kagatob

Kagatob People Like Me

This is literally how I camped my VP keys. Nobody ever came and bothered me asking for the camps, never had to wait in line for them. This was during Kunark when those keys actually mattered.

showstring likes this.
  21. Tesadar

Tesadar Active Member

Being able to play EQ sensibly and follow our ancient tried, tested and true rules that should not need to be stated, is pretty easy.
    You log in or enter a zone and you check the status of the camps. If there's no response from the camp you want, you physically go there and double check on it. If its taken, you respectfully scoot, and if its not, then it's yours.
    Super simple and keeps everyone out of shit.

Just because you know when a mob is supposed to spawn (or abouts) doesn't mean its yours for the taking. This makes zero sense and is ridiculous.

And running in and clearly taking someone else's spawn is a big cock-taking move. Don't be a greedy twat.

Be excellent to each other!

22. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

This is how I farmed twenty mage epics

23. actualspaide

actualspaide People Like Me

I have to agree with this. There are many camps like this where i think 1 mob is a camp. Mobs that are purely for loot basically though are different than specific quest mobs imo

Beaaden likes this.
  24. marauder

marauder Member

Lol left p99 to get away from this shit... I guess assholes are on every server

Cerberus and actualspaide like this.
  25. Jakkoris

Jakkoris Member

Guys and Gals….just remember in 12 months time the same mobs will be there, but if you be dicks to each other that attitude grows in the community and guess what?? Less people play on the server as a result.

So yes you might get some 2,000pp ornate item you will leave on your trader for 6 months before it sells by being a dick. But is that ultimately worth it?

26. Auyster

Auyster People Like Me

/ignore Jakkoris

Jakkoris likes this.
  27. Jakkoris

Jakkoris Member

ha ha you better not

28. Auyster

Auyster People Like Me

What was that?

29. pivoo

pivoo People Like Me

You misspelled 'hilarious': ;)

"Its kind of SAD we have people making the argument that its cool to be a total dick"

Last edited: Jan 23, 2022
  30. Tarkon

Tarkon Well-Known Member

There is more than enough to go around. I avoid contested situations. 9 times out of 10 I will find something else to do. I have had zero issues in BoT. People have been friendly and considerate.

Oiwon likes this.