What is the Anniversary Event like?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Toomuch, Dec 20, 2021.

1. Toomuch

Toomuch Member

Hello TAKP!

I'm still newer to the server, I started here earlier this year, and haven't had the privilege of taking part in one of these famous Anniversary Events yet. I've been doing some digging, looking for solid info on what goes on during the event(s), and I'm having a hard time coming up with real solid info.

There's hints that there's quests that have to deal with claws and/or eyes, there's vague info about server-raids on killing Mayong Mistmoore and items he drops that aren't able to be viewed on TAKP's own database (allaclone), allusions to needing Mayong Mistmoore faction (despite killing him being a central part of this event), allegations that there are big baddies to kill elsewhere with pretty dang good loot ("of the Disciple" stuff), rumors of quest items that can be picked up (farmed?) to hand in for quest rewards including some kind of "Thurg Brick" and/or a Guise of the Deceiver... and like, that's about as good of info as I can come up with, just that these are things that may or may not be things.

I hope that doesn't sound negative, I'm SUPER excited to see what this is all about, but I'm also WAY curious, and want to know more info. I found an old post or 2 with some very basic info (like this one - https://www.takproject.net/forums/index.php?threads/show-off-your-event-winnings-here.13248/), but it's hard to really figure out the event from this.

Can anyone provide a better idea of what to expect, or at least how certain parts of the event work? Or is it something that changes completely from year to year? Should I have been farming certain mats or items in preparation for this?

Any helpful information is appreciated! :)

2. Devour_Souls

Devour_Souls People Like Me

One year it was these token things. You get them from Altar Plane trash and turn them in to an NPC in PoK. He gives out stuff that is mostly worthless except for a bag that is 10 slot 100 percent weight reduction. Bag of Gala. They also come from rare spawn named like Ghoul Lord and Quillmane.

One year it was the memorandum of dorf slaying. These too turn in, in PoK, to a different NPC that stands by the GD stone?? or Nexus Stone I forget. The crown jewel of that event is a dorf brick that is something like a 30 second cast time, unlimited gate to Thurgadin. The memos come from GD, EW and Velks.

One year was weapon turn in. Turn in 12 or 14 different weapons to get A, B and C tokens. Then turning in the Tokens rewards mostly junk but a chance at dark elf illusion mask. Also this event gives Rubicite armors iirc. There is a list of weapons somewhere.

One year was new raid encounters, like Mayong, that is a really tough fight. The server holds an open event to kill him. He drops some things. He also is a quest NPC that gives out some stuff. I think he accepts stuffs off the dragons that spawn as part of this anniversary event. The raid mobs are in Lake Rathe, the Megasomething. There is ummm King Xorbe's kid in East Karana, he drops Sleeper's 2.0 loots. There is a raid event in AR that drops some really nice items. There is a dragon in DL that drops things and I'm thinking these are what Mayong takes as quest pieces as well as stuff from his lady friend at the top of Tower of Frozen Shadow. Tserina maybe?? Yeah I think. There may be another raid mob I'm forgetting about.

And then there is one that you can turn in Blocks? of acrylia to get a post 60 level buff. This is an ogre wearing blue in PoK between the main bank and the brewing/baking building.\

Read this too: https://www.takproject.net/forums/i...-5th-year-anniversary-event.15280/#post-82615

Sketchy and Toomuch like this.
  3. Toomuch

Toomuch Member

4. Mokli

Mokli I Feel Loved

Each year has different events that were added for that year, they are just all enabled at once for those 2 weeks

Last edited: Dec 20, 2021
  5. Tyrion

Tyrion Well-Known Member

Mayong takes things like Phara dar claw, xygoz eye from VP

6. Ripwind

Ripwind People Like Me

There's a quest involving Tower of Frozen Shadows too. I know HM figured that one out, I never tried it myself.

7. Zentile

Zentile Member

Mayong seems to take any item from Tserrnia at any faction at/above indifferent from any melee and returns the same item: Amulet of the Gnoll

https://www.takproject.net/allaclone/item.php?id=15940

Flare is an instant cast, zero damage, mage red magic missile that you can shoot anywhere. It illuminates as it moves so it's pretty fun in a long, dark corridor (like VT).

Basically, you get an unlimited roman candle to shoot at your friends, mobs or yourself.

Zen

Sketchy, Pithy, Break and 1 other person like this.
  8. smooki

smooki Member

You're on the right server if you want to witness an enchanter winning Soul Pricker..

Radda, eroqa, Yarnee and 6 others like this.
  9. Dryfly

Dryfly Active Member

smooki, i expected a sheet show and that's just what i got. however, i would have thought that maybe a discussion of leadership prior to the event could have stopped that from happening... of course said chanter could be Steve Bartman, which would make sense. As it stands, based on that chanter winning that particualr item, i'll never do another server event that isn't run with a bit more common sense on who should be rolling on items.

10. Palski

Palski Member

its a 10/20 weapon..anyone using it would just use it for the proc regardless of class

The enchanter who won it doesn't have a healer in his trio.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2021
    Toomuch and Break like this.
  11. Saenayil

Saenayil People Like Me

Looking at the ratio is the wrong way to analyze that weapon. The proc makes it one of the best DPS weapons available right now, and the only class who can maximize its effectiveness is ranger, with their spell crit and heal crit AA.

12. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

thanks for carrying the raid rangers, sorry about your weapon :(

Ripwind likes this.
  13. Mokli

Mokli I Feel Loved

I feel like I'm reading Allakhazam comments, thanks for the throwback guys. I am truly in PoP era EQ.

Toomuch, jbry2 and Manstache like this.
  14. Yinikren

Yinikren Well-Known Member

All of this complaining about anniversary loot (which everyone who participates is more than welcome to roll on as described in the initial rules) makes me wonder how on earth you kids are going to be able distribute this in a few months without your heads positively exploding: Screenshots_2021-12-29-22-19-34.png

The Sony Special: An agro clicky // Best DoT focus available for SKs, but the agro proc is useless // only available DoT focus for priests. Ya'll going to complain this much when druids start looting your warrior agro proc clickies? Take the complaining elsewhere, everyone was present for the kill and agreed to the rules when they showed up.

Congrats on the dagger, Fayze.

Toomuch and Break like this.
  15. Yinikren

Yinikren Well-Known Member

It's certainly neat for the fun factor, but that proc is worth a whopping 12 dps.

Because of silly luclin mobs having dumb AC, the best mainhand DPS weapon currently available to rangers by far is the uberest whip of them all: Braided Strands of Corrupted Mana. I don't see rangers on the server going nuts over that, either.

Toomuch likes this.
  16. Dryfly

Dryfly Active Member

We can all roll on everything. That's the written rules. It was most of us who came that didn't clarify that it should go to a ranger who are at fault (if I thought for one second a chanter would actually roll on that...). With that said, if I knew something was WAY better for one class than my mine... I would not roll on it. My perspective. Thank you Abomination for being the end all on this subject. Because only your opinion matters. PS those of of who have actually seen the parsing of this wep in a ranger's hand might actually know what we are talking about. My gear is fine, I don't need it. But that wep could be a game changer for mid level rangers... if he actually knows what he is doing and finds a real value in it's use as a chanter then great. If he wasted a really awesome ranger wep, then well great too. Good luck on future clusters... which I would assume is part of why the devs put casters on the wep list in the first place (which is super funny actually). Raid leaders should have at a minimum stated that some of the gear could be rolled on by all BUT recommend only certain classes roll due to the actual value it gives. Oh wait, I am not entitled to an opinion so skip this post.

17. Saenayil

Saenayil People Like Me

You're estimating the DPS with an assumption of standard proc rate. Let's take your estimate at face value, 12 DPS is first of all non-negligible. Your best rogues will hit about 120 DPS on standard raid bosses. Rangers will typically cap out in the 70s. So 12 DPS is at least a 15% improvement.

This 12 DPS is also 12 HPS, or 70 regen / tick.

But let's say the proc modifier puts the DPS closer to 20. These numbers become bigger. 25%+ improvement and 120 regen / tick.

And that's on standard raid bosses. Now let's consider high AC mobs like a lot of VT, and the relative DPS of the proc becomes that much more apparent.

There are two melee DPS classes that can use the soul pricker: Ranger and Rogue. Rogues won't benefit much from it because they lose a lot more if they equip this item in their primary slot. It has low base damages and will hurt backstab. They also do not get AAs that help their procs until PoP. A rogue could offhand this item, but iirc offhanding something cuts the proc rate in half.

This item is built for rangers and it's not even close. You can argue that the rules are the rules, and that Fayze won fair and square, and I will agree with you. But you can't argue that it makes sense for any of the classes that can use to win this over a ranger, and it reinforces my points that I made before the first Mayong raid about it being valuable to have tighter controls around loot (or at least more consideration from people about what they should go in on).

dalidali, eroqa and Dryfly like this.
  18. Lenas

Lenas I Feel Loved

The MM weapons were created to be comparable with Emp Ssra offerings. You might see 11/20 but that's not the whole story. Saenayil is right here, numbers don't lie. Fayze will soon find that the dagger isn't very useful in his hands. But that's the risk you take with public raids.

Sketchy and dalidali like this.
  19. Radda

Radda People Like Me

im just thankful there are these options and chances at rare loot at all.
    i prob still wont roll for any of the other items next week if MM doesnt have frostbite
    who knows what yall gonna cook up between now and next year to block past winners with the extra managing of this rare and unique event.
    its fair across the board though there is always room for someone to get upset.

20. Auyster

Auyster People Like Me

Dryfly and Lenas both play rangers, so their opinions are irrelevant.

Disregarding the heal portion, how does the Soul Pricker proc compare to Staff of the Silent Star, https://www.takproject.net/allaclone/item.php?id=31326 for DPS?
    People have been saying Soul Pricker has a proc modifier, if so how much of a modifier? Bloodfrenzy tier modifier?

21. Elroz

Elroz I Feel Loved Staff Member

You play a ranger too, it says it right in your signature!

22. kai4785

kai4785 People Like Me

Best rogues doing 120 DPS is with a 15/20, not a 11/20, so not a very apples-to-apples comparison. And when you split off the backstabbing damage, my 120 DPS rogue is usually around 100 DPS melee, and 20 dps backstabbing.
    Rangers doing 70 Melee DPS honestly sounds low for 15/20 weapons on a ranger. My Warrior with BF+HB does 100 dps fully overhasted (like my garbage rogue with out backstab), and Rangers should be comparable. The 11/20 ratio on the Soul Pricker sounds like trash compared to the 12/16 and other .75 ratio weapons. My gut says you'll loose 20 or more melee dps swapping in the 11/20 Soul Pricker over your other .75 ratio weapons. So even the 20 dps you get from procs might not make up for it, but maybe it does, and it evens out.

So *maybe* it's the best dps weapon because it's just like all the other best dps weapons when it comes to damage output? I would take this claim with a rather large grain of salt in lieu of some parsed logs.

The 70-120 per-tick combat regen sounds incredible, tbh. 1,000% worth it on any priest-less trio. 2,000% on any Ranger with the Healing and Crit AAs that's planning on taking hits. I'll give you that. Just not the argument that it's the "best dps weapon". I just don't buy it.

Radda likes this.
  23. Auyster

Auyster People Like Me

This guy gets it.

24. Walex

Walex I Feel Loved

65 Ranger with Soul Pricker mainhand, shield offhand
    upload_2021-12-30_13-51-15.png

65 Ranger with Braided Strands of Corrupted Mana mainhand, shield offhand
    upload_2021-12-30_13-50-32.png

65 Ranger with Acrylia Handled Broadsword mainhand, shield offhand
    upload_2021-12-30_14-7-57.png

kai4785 and Lenas like this.
  25. Ripwind

Ripwind People Like Me

Ok now do Enchanter

26. Walex

Walex I Feel Loved

It seems my enchanter is unable to equip the whip and broadsword. I must be bugged.

Ripwind likes this.
  27. Auyster

Auyster People Like Me

The DPS from the proc will be the same, ranger or enchanter. Enchanter should be higher cus PoP crit AAs is 6% while Rangers don't get it.

Edit: Rangers don't even get an AA in PoP to increase their crit chance on spells.

28. kai4785

kai4785 People Like Me

Awesome Walex. Can we assume 255 dex for max proc rate? What haste was in effect?

29. Foxboxx

Foxboxx People Like Me

The DPS argument seems silly. I think most rangers want it for the 1k lifetaps and all the sustained tanking ability that comes from it.

Dryfly likes this.
  30. Sverder

Sverder Well-Known Member

Clearly then it is best for necromancers as they'll have the increased PoP crit AAs plus crit lifetap heal AAs. It actually would be an awesome tap-tanking weapon for a solo necro...

Loot rules were great for a server-wide raid. Grats to the winners.

Yinikren, Break and Mokli like this.