Serverwide Mayong Mistmoore Raids

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Inacht, Dec 21, 2021.

1. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

Thank you organisers, and thank you devs for a unique opportunity at such a fun event!

Here's a video of the raid for those who couldn't make it. I did not stream it, but did record it for posterity. The fight starts at 12:00 minutes

Apologies about the audio echo/volume, didn't have time to tweak/test it before the kill so it is what it is.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2021
    Hoodlum, Verdent, Ripwind and 3 others like this.
  2. RossGuy

RossGuy Well-Known Member

Big thanks to Inacht for wrangling kittens, congrats to all that won loot, and welcome to the Vampire Lord Club, Raeve!

Mokli and showstring like this.
  3. Inacht

Inacht People Like Me

Thanks all who participated in the second Mayong kill. Definitely a more messy kill than the first - we will make some adjustments for the final kill to eliminate some of the issues we experienced. Thanks for your patience if you attended!

Congrats to the item winners:
    Fayze - Soul Pricker
    Chanclazo - Robe of the Vampire Lord
    Fansy - Besmirched Mask of Conception
    Berrilony - Bladesouls Spiritual Armguards

Our final kill will be in the new year - Tuesday, January 4th, 9pm est. Hope to see you there.

Happy New Year!

4. Dryfly

Dryfly Active Member

Despite my disgruntledness over who won what. I do appreciate the efforts of everyone to put this together. Devs, raid leaders, the community. Yes 2nd attempt was a bit messier than the first. But a win nonetheless. Happy New Years to all. I might chill enough by the 4th to see you back in MM. However, the allure of PoP might persuade me elsewise. Cheers!

5. Pithy

Pithy I Feel Loved

Bummed I haven't been able to make these, they sound fun. Thanks for organizing, NAG pals!

Radda likes this.
  6. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

Seems like only adjustment to these public raids would be to make the Soul Pricker a Ranger only item. Pretty sure all the 30 rangers would agree, or else it's Ranger strike time.

Ripwind likes this.
  7. sowislifesowislove

sowislifesowislove People Like Me

What is the actual estimated dps on the thing. Even with the proc can’t be that much eh?

8. Mokli

Mokli I Feel Loved

We should restrict loot to guilds that haven't been farming VT for 2-3 years. Its going to get upgraded in 3 months anyway. I'd like to see the stuff actually get used and not bagged pretty quick. Otherwise, its all just "hey, I got something from Mayong this year to go along with my guise."

9. sowislifesowislove

sowislifesowislove People Like Me

I’m not familiar with the 2h stats because you can’t see any of it on allaclone (wtf by the way?) but the 2h is garbage dps, right? Isn’t it like 30/40. And then Of course you can’t be talking about the dwarf mask.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2021
  10. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

Now rangers will just retaliate and take the first Blade of War from their guild because they are the tank in their trio

11. Smudge

Smudge People Like Me

It’s 30/40 with 15 Cold Dmg for a “45/40” ratio. It also procs a 510dd with 0.1s stun and skele illusion

sowislifesowislove likes this.
  12. Mokli

Mokli I Feel Loved

If a Warrior/Knight lets a Ranger out bid them on dkp for it, so be it. That's their fault. They didn't want it bad enough.

Culkasi, Kagatob and jbry2 like this.
  13. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

That sounds typical of some guilds.

14. gardnerjens

gardnerjens People Like Me

Every guild just need Haynar dictatorship

15. Kagatob

Kagatob People Like Me

This but unironically. I'm sick of the min/max cookie-cutter mentality.

jbry2, Break and sowislifesowislove like this.
  16. kai4785

kai4785 People Like Me

I missed both so far. I've got a clear schedule for #3. Please keep up the good work! I'm excited!

17. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

I'm happy people are enjoying the server enough to even have loot arguments. It wouldn't be EQ without users groaning over loot.

Honestly when I made the dagger, I wasn't putting much thought into who can use it or who would best use it. I just wanted a weapon with a large lifetap because it's from the king vampire. But generally I think it's a bad idea to restrict classes on items simply to prevent loot disputes; especially if you're making a very limited number of items.

Incidentally the 2h sword model is the model Mithaniel Marr has, but it's not actually used for any other item. I guess a Sony artist copied it and made an item model for it since he had it made for MM but the item guys never used it.

Break, Verdent, Radda and 13 others like this.
  18. Pithy

Pithy I Feel Loved

Wait, this dagger makes you the king of vampires?!

Hold my beer.

Linkamus likes this.
  19. Smudge

Smudge People Like Me

Should probably make the 2hs proc to a 510pt lifetap for consistency… ;)

Ripwind likes this.
  20. Linkamus

Linkamus People Like Me

The dagger parses well on high AC bosses. AHB does better on low AC bosses.

PoP EP/Time weapons will certainly outparse the dagger in every scenario.

The dagger will always be useful for a ranger when tanking in an exp group, or when soloing.

21. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

Mayong should banish anyone outside of the original raid that engaged him IMO. That’s what we really need.

Neealana, Linkamus and Smudge like this.
  22. Smudge

Smudge People Like Me

This.

23. Mokli

Mokli I Feel Loved

This conversation would have been about how NAG got all the loot again then.

RossGuy likes this.
  24. Smudge

Smudge People Like Me

??? Not sure how you arrived at that conclusion.

This would either force more cooperation amongst guilds (and unguilded) for who is present at the raid, or force him to be attempted by individual guilds only.

25. Mokli

Mokli I Feel Loved

I fail to see how it would change anything. There were 300 characters at the time of engage, however he was pulled down by those in the mostly NAG raid both times, simply because it was Walex doing it. I'm not sure what problem you are trying to solve.

26. Smudge

Smudge People Like Me

There would not be 300 people there. There would be 72. That’s what it solves.

27. Mokli

Mokli I Feel Loved

Kinda hard to have a serverwide raid that way. Its easy to fill a raid with 3 boxes.

28. Smudge

Smudge People Like Me

Hence the "This would either force more cooperation amongst guilds (and unguilded) for who is present at the raid, or force him to be attempted by individual guilds only."

29. Mokli

Mokli I Feel Loved

30. Smudge

Smudge People Like Me

Right, so probably about 72 lvl 60's. Regardless, there is nothing in the event that says it has to be a serverwide raid, it was coordinated that way because given the time constraints, some guilds would potentially get completely left out. I have no idea whether or not whoever put this raid together ever intended for 300+ toons to kill it. Seems like a lot of hard work and thought that went into creating an event that gets gimped by sheer zerg force. Adding a raid limiter would drastically change how this mob would be approached.