What PoP low hanging fruit should I expect?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jaruden, Dec 18, 2021.

1. Jaruden

Jaruden Member

With PoP nearing launch, I was wondering if anyone had a quick idea on a few low hanging fruit equipment upgrades to come? With any new expansion, there's usually some easy gear that either rots a lot (ala the Elysian/Moktor stuff) or just common loot that will probably be cheap in the Bazaar but is better than a lot of current gear.
    My trio is mid-50's at the moment, so I probably won't be jumping into a lot of PoP zones on day one. Just curious to get an idea if there's anything I can prep for. I'd hate to spent most of my plat on an item now and find out I can get something better, cheaper, in a month.

2. Faults

Faults I Feel Loved

Wait for people to farm ornate patterns to death and buy those.

3. Mokli

Mokli I Feel Loved

That's a tough call.

I wouldn't buy much of anything for a while when PoP comes out. I'd probably just wait because market is going to be pretty expensive for a while. Lots of alts for people to gear up that aren't brought to raids will consume a lot of group drops in the early zones.

I'd say look for older expansion loot give-aways and deals for a while until you see stuff get cheaper from PoP.

Spend your time xping in PoP though if you can, the trash vendor loot amounts go up and any PoP zone gives better xp than literally any zone we currently have now.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2021
    Verdent likes this.
  4. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

Your class would determine a lot of what will be cheap/useful.

For example bards get the Thunderous Drum of Karana from BoT. For the first month guilds will still be flagging their characters for the first time and every bard regardless of gear status will want one. But they are a fairly common drop from all named mobs in the earth wing (of which there are 5). So it may take a few months but eventually these drums become very cheap.

So yea list your trio of classes and we can make some better recommendations. But to start off for the first few months nothing will be cheap immediately.

As Mokli said existing Luclin gear may become cheaper. I’m imagining I will probably give away a fair amount of the stuff I have muled to clear space for PoP.

Verdent likes this.
  5. Jaruden

Jaruden Member

BST / MAG / DRU

Thanks for the tips so far. I didn't figure day one will unlock much, was considering this more a month or three in. Good point that there's probably lots of alts waiting around that might suddenly be in use.
    I guess groups should be more common?

6. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

Groups 61+ will be more common for sure. 50-60 will probably be less common as some of those currently are people playing on Alts who will get benched for mains come PoP.

For that trio, Tactician Bulwark from PoTactics ends up being quite cheap and good shield for casters and priests.

Several drops from CoDecay are quite common and decent gear for non raiders. Be on the lookout for Circle Toe Bones (ring), Skull Charm (Ear) for your priest. Bubonian Bandage Turban (head) for your caster.

The mini boss in PoStorms will be getting killed every 6 hours for the first several months of PoP and their resulting drops I imagine will be pretty common in the bazaar. Tome of the Wind’s Wisdom for your priest/caster and Wanning Light Katar for your Beastlord would both be good.

From BoT there are several pieces of gear that should end up fairly cheap. Generally named in this zone have 1 ornate pattern they drop and then a shared loot table of a few other pieces of gear which all other named in the same wing share. This means that the people farming Ornate patterns will inadvertently get a bunch of this other gear.

From Earth wing named the Ring of Thunderous Spirits is a good 75 HP/Mana ring for basically everyone.

From the Air wing named the Pants of the Storm are a great leg piece for casters.

From the Water wing named the Weatherbeaten Shoulderpads are good priest shoulders and the Rain Soaked Sandals are good caster boots.

From the Lightning wing named the Earring of Thunder is a great priest earring.

As for rots it will take probably X a year but eventually the No drop pieces off the BoT Tower bosses end up rotting as people conrr get in IE to farm them for spells and ornate BPs.

Verdent and Jaruden like this.
  7. Break

Break People Like Me

I used a ceramic skull of decay in my shaman's main hand almost exclusively. There was only one other item in the game with affliction haste IV, and it was very rare.

Edit: The ceramic skull was a super cheap TS item.

8. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

Ceramic skull will not be cheap for awhile. With the number of people who have enchanters, Druids, Necromancers, and shamans on this server the demand for them will be high for awhile.

It is arguably the most powerful tradeskilled item in game though. A must have item for sure for Debuff classes. On AK I am pretty sure the skulls settled around 5-10k in price?

As far as tradeskilled items go the Ceramic Shield of Valor will be solid as a form of 15% buff extension focus. The Ceramic Sword of War for extended range focus. I used to sell shields for around 8k and swords around 4K on AK. Jewelry the Valorium Ring should probably sell around 5-10k, dropping in price as time goes on. The Bloodmetal Earrings probably will hold a price around 8-10k as it’s much rarer to make.

Elemental tradeskilled stuff will all be out of the low price range basically forever. Some of them are best in slot as far as bazaar gear goes though.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2021
  9. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

back on eqlive in 2002, i sold those earrings for 80-100k a pop
    it was quite the business venture