Hey all! Gear Question, thanks!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Arazus, Dec 1, 2021.

1. Arazus

Arazus New Member

Hello all!

First time posting here but love the server and the PoP era. Played on P99 for awhile very very casually, got my soloist 52 mage over there. However, since we can box here, it really even helps my incredibly casual play style even more. I started with a MAG/ENC/CLR (currently level 20), then when I was doing the newbie armor quests for my MAG (he's a gnome) I realized it was hard to find brownies so I made a Ranger to track for me. However, I've quickly found out, I like the Ranger more than Mage, maybe simply because I've played one for so long on P99. So i'm going to be swapping the Mage out for Ranger in the trio.

Anyways, on with the point. I've made a little bit of cash selling spider silks and I'm just wondering what is the cheapest option for me for some item haste for my ranger? I'm thinking Crystal Chitin Hand Wraps are still the go to cheap item, but I barely remember anything from the Luclin era (that was like 20 years ago lol), so was hoping maybe you all had some more insights.

Thanks!

2. Fadetree

Fadetree People Like Me

Yup CCHW is def the best option I would say for limited cash. A pocket enchanter hastebot is handy too, at higher levels. Welcome Ranger.

3. Devour_Souls

Devour_Souls People Like Me

I have a cloak of flames that you can have for free. What is your character's names?

Tesadar, Wellmine, DubRemix88 and 3 others like this.
  4. Arazus

Arazus New Member

Whoa! That's freaking amazing. I'm seriously ok just buying myself a cheap haste item!

Character name is Uinwen, I by no means expect any handouts. I seriously do appreciate it though if you are really ok with it. Thank you!

Edit: Realized you said "Characters" plural. Enchanter is Izini, Cleric is Azuien

Last edited: Dec 1, 2021
  5. Arazus

Arazus New Member

Thank you for the welcome!

I figured as much on the handwraps, I'll keep a lookout for a pair in the bazaar. I've got the enchanter, just hoping to stack some haste hopefully with a cheap option. Thanks again!

6. prattrs

prattrs Active Member

Grab CoF if you can. It's a great item. Even if you need to buy it I see them in the bazaar for 6k or some sometimes.

7. Jaruden

Jaruden Member

I generally see SCHW in the 400-500pp range, FWIW (if you don't get the free cloak.)

It's great starter haste (and I'm still using mine)

8. Kabouter

Kabouter Member

Out of curiosity is the CoF the upgrade to go to after SCHW or is there a cheaper in between item?

9. Nakunaru

Nakunaru People Like Me

Ruined bolster belts can be cheap at times

Cloak of Crystalline Waters I think are also cheaper than CoFs

Kabouter likes this.
  10. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

If I were starting on this server with a melee character I would most likely just jump directly to an RBB.

RBB run about 2-4k
    CoF run about 6-9k

To get enough to afford an RBB just requires a few hours of Spider or Spiderling silk farming and combining into swatches or threads. You should be able to do both by around level 30. If you level 20-25ish in East Karana at spiders you could do both at the same time.

SCHW are fine but I feel like their boost at 21% is not really that noticeable and they aren’t great stat wise. RBB is great even if you don’t need the haste though.

Kabouter likes this.
  11. Break

Break People Like Me

Don't forget about Spiked Seahorse Hide Belt. You can usually have one for 5-8k. It sits between RBB and CoF for haste, and it doesn't take up a back slot for plate classes that want to do the 50ac back slot.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2021
    Kabouter likes this.
  12. Fadetree

Fadetree People Like Me

This is wisdom.

13. Arazus

Arazus New Member

Awesome, thank you everyone!

This is awesome info. Devour was super freaking awesome and did gift me that CoF, so I'm good for now. But will definitely keep the RBB in mind. I'm sure I'll be making a Monk alt at some point since Monks are good fun.

Kabouter likes this.
  14. Kabouter

Kabouter Member

Lucky you, congrats!

Fwiw I see the RBB up for 5k now and the CoF for 8k, but will keep an eye out for when it drops to 2k. When going with the CoF, the best waist attainable waist item would probably be a belt of the great turtle?

15. prattrs

prattrs Active Member

My plan would be to not worry about the waist so much until you can snag a Dain belt. That's a really good sweet spot for quite some time. Before then something generic like spider fur seems fine to me. Some classes have nice ones, like WAR heavy rubecite.

16. DubRemix88

DubRemix88 People Like Me

Is this kynsard? you crazy. You know how rare it is to find that stupid water dragon up?

Edit: Oop i got the cloak of crystalline waters, not flames. Don't think i've ever run into Talendor

Last edited: Dec 6, 2021