TAKP Anniversary events - move forward one reset?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by showstring, Sep 2, 2021.

1. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

Hi all

First of all, I want to say TAKP anniversary events are amazing, and I greatly appreciate the variety and custom content they offer.

I just wanted to put forward for consideration if people think the TAKP Anniversary events which typically run around the Christmas period, would be possibly be enjoyed more if they were moved forward one reset?

So instead of anniversary events running from 22nd December to 4th January, if they could run from 5th January until 18th January instead?

Considerations in favor of changing it:
    During the Christmas holidays people are away with their families and away from EQ. Usually normal raids are noticeably lighter in attendance. As such, less people get to enjoy these anniversary events.
    Additional stress may be put on players to both try and attend and organize raids during this busy holiday period, while also trying to find time to enjoy the anniversary events.
    I believe TAKP anniversary falls exactly 1st January, so starting the anniversary celebrations after this date may make more sense, rather than finishing them just after this date? Perhaps?

Considerations against changing it:
    Some people may prefer to enjoy the anniversary events during the holiday period instead.
    The Christmas period is the 'festive season'.

What do others think? Would love to hear other people's input.

Thank you for everything devs, we love you <3

John Stark, Ransom and Mokli like this.
  2. Faults

Faults I Feel Loved

I personally would greatly appreciate this move since the holidays are difficult to get playtime to enjoy the events during.

John Stark and showstring like this.
  3. Inacht

Inacht People Like Me

It can be pretty rough to get any time in over the xmas + new years stretch beyond whatever we have in the rotation. I'd love for the anniversary events to be moved back a bit myself.

showstring likes this.
  4. Placer

Placer Well-Known Member

An anniversary event really should fall on the anniversary. Having it at a time whether the other stuff isn't going on as much is an ideal opportunity to get more collaborative play vs. having guilds just try and build things into their raid schedules. Mistmore has been a good example of people getting together that might not have happened as well during time when regular raid traffic might have pulled players away.

The players who are on during the normal anniversary period arguably need a chance to do more, when others are not free. They could use the good busy the events provide. It also tends to keep more people in game who might decide not to be without them, turning the server into possibly a ghost town.

Lyrina and sowislifesowislove like this.
  5. Auyster

Auyster People Like Me

I like it before new years because the time after new years I am really busy.

Soreloft and Lyrina like this.
  6. Secrets

Secrets Well-Known Member

I'm in favor of just starting the festivities on December 1st and ending Feb 1st. That's a solid 2 months to do your holidays with your family or job, and then do whatever you can on TAKP during those times.

pivoo and John Stark like this.
  7. Devour_Souls

Devour_Souls People Like Me

Could we have the anniversary events start on April 26th? That's when my vacation starts over.

showstring, Ripwind and Sketchy like this.
  8. GreldorEQ

GreldorEQ Active Member

I haven't been able to participate for many years, due to the busy holiday family schedule. I'd love an opportunity to participate in the future!

John Stark and showstring like this.
  9. Phillosopher27

Phillosopher27 New Member

This is a welcomed proposal imo and I like the idea of opening up such a ritual for more to participate!

showstring likes this.
  10. Yarnee

Yarnee People Like Me

Orthodox Christmas is like Jan 7. You gonna make all the Russians suffer

showstring and Sketchy like this.
  11. Verdent

Verdent People Like Me

I'm pretty indifferent. I can't play during all the days due to family/holidays but I also have time off and can play longer periods of time. Also, weather is usually pretty crappy around that time and there's more days I stay home than normal.

I'm just happy there is one, it could be anytime though I think starting or ending Jan 1st makes sense.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2021
    Radda, Cillipis and Pithy like this.
  12. eldrich

eldrich New Member

TBH, most of the anniversary events are locked out anyway (last year CC was perma camped almost around the clock by 60's when we wanted to xp and maybe get an herbal pack with some alts). if you don't have the previous experience around knowing the spawn clocks and "where to find", it basically amounts to, "oh, it's anniversary..... /shrug". not begrudging it's existence, but to be really honest, it has a slight "oh nifty" aspect and that's about it.

more power to anyone who has the knowledge, time, and perseverance to really dive into the anniversary event, but for the casual people, it's .... /shrug

13. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

All the events appear to be tailored for the casual player though. It's all easily trioable / groupable content. Only the most recent events had raid bosses, and even those contain raid content of various tiers that can be enjoyed by anyone with a guild tag.

14. Pithy

Pithy I Feel Loved

It could be fun to level-restrict the zones where anniversary items drop. No toons above 40 in CC during anniversary reset, or whatever.

Quirk likes this.
  15. Placer

Placer Well-Known Member

Similar to Pithy's suggestion, you could alter the existing events in small ways to balance levels or cut back on past knowledge of the events. For example, take the best token away from some places where it was easier to do and perma-camp for some drop people didn't do/have before. Could even cut across expansions a little now. Also, there may well be a lot of interesting new stuff this year with PoP (I hope) added for events?

16. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

I'm still not sure why the weapons are the same each year, allowing for a year of pre-farming. I don't think that's the spirit of the event?

That seems like a very bad idea.
    I'm sorry, during the anniversary you can't powerlevel chars in any of the affected zones, you can't hunt your epic quest drops, and you also can't rez any chars in those zones.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2021
  17. Mokli

Mokli I Feel Loved

Rotating weapons that change every year, randomly would be nice. Someone would have to hold onto weapons for years and likely forget when the events rolled around that they even had them. However, bear in mind we don't really want to kill the devs with extra work on this stuff that only lasts 2 weeks every year.

18. sowislifesowislove

sowislifesowislove People Like Me

I’m for the events happening on the actual anniversary. Either way you go, you’re going to take away opportunity from some and give it to others.

DubRemix88 likes this.
  19. sowislifesowislove

sowislifesowislove People Like Me

Yea. Hopefully this changes this year. I’m sure there are some very against this that already have 100 runed falchions stored. I don’t think it would be too hard on the devs to change it up. But what do I know!

showstring likes this.
  20. necra

necra People Like Me

Random global drops off every mob with a very tiny drop chance.

Could even be tiers based off mob level so good bye to locking down camps

sowislifesowislove and Tuluvien like this.
  21. gardnerjens

gardnerjens People Like Me

or making tashaki targetable during anniversary event, so we can try and fight him

Break likes this.
  22. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

and how would you get across the lava bridge?

23. gardnerjens

gardnerjens People Like Me

Click in the air

24. necra

necra People Like Me

Fill the lava bridge with gnomes

Break, Radda and Mokli like this.
  25. Saenayil

Saenayil People Like Me

Imo make the event last two resets and get the best of both worlds.

Also, inc RNF, but "move forward" means start earlier, "push it back" means start the reset after. I was quite confused with the mismatch between the thread title and your proposal.

showstring likes this.
  26. necra

necra People Like Me

He is Australian I believe it's all backwards down under

showstring likes this.
  27. Devour_Souls

Devour_Souls People Like Me

Backwoods, Austrayin fo foowds.

Pithy likes this.
  28. Auyster

Auyster People Like Me

Just make the anniversery event last all the rotations.