Higher Res Textures & Luclin Graphical Update

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by John Stark, Jun 5, 2021.

1. John Stark

John Stark People Like Me

Nevermind, just found the solution to my problem. Graphical settings got borked somehow.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2021
  2. sirhc

sirhc New Member

I was wondering about this, is there a hd texture/char model pack for takp? Or would the one for p99 work here as well?

3. Kabouter

Kabouter Member

I didn't get it to work myself (or I need glasses), would love some way to get it to work though

4. John Stark

Go into your TAKP folder wherever you have it installed, look for the file eqclient.ini and then set it to: TextureQuality=1

That should do the trick. You can set the character models to Luclin models, or the classic models, or mix and match.

5. sirhc

sirhc New Member

Dumb question but what does that do?

6. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

Do not use HD textures on takp. They will mess up your client.

Haynar

7. John Stark

All it does is set the texture quality to the highest possible setting for the TAKP stock client, models, etc. Its not HD, that was a different question I was orginally asking but found the answer myself, hence the reason I edited my initial post with Nevermind.

8. sirhc

sirhc New Member

Ok thank you

9. John Stark

Would you mind elaborating on that a bit? I made a backup of my TAKP file and the HD textures in my original TAKP folder, and so far no hiccups.

Thanks

10. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

If you promote the unsupported hd textures. You will be asked to play elsewhere. They cause more problems than they are worth.

And it is the staff that gets ppl complaining about client issues. We spend our time trying to figure it out, to find out its another case of hd textures messing up the client.

They are not friendly with the client due to it being directx 8. Its just not ok here. It makes client performance horrid.

If you promote the hd textures. You are promoting unsupported modifications to the client and you put your playing here at risk.

H

11. John Stark

Thank you for the explanation. Certainly was not my intent to cause staff grief in any way.

Feel free to lock this thread, as my initial question was actually not about HD textures specifically but how to fix a graphical bug (which I figured out on my own), and to only inquire about the status of HD textures.

I appreciate your reply.

Tuluvien likes this.