Saying hi and asking questions...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Merriam, Jun 10, 2021.

1. Merriam

Merriam Member

...so, hey, team. Im an old (as in I played on Al'kabor back in the day, but yeah I guess Im getting older too) AK player looking to jump back in for kicks, but I had a few questions for the community before I get too excited. Please don't kill me if these are easily answerable via a forum search-Im on break so I'm finally getting around to making this post.

First, how close is PoP? Do we know? I've been following the servers progress from afar ever since I tested TAKP very heavily the summer it first dropped and a little of Kunark. This is just a curiosity thing as I'd love to get in and level and gear a little before it drops, but any info would be amazing.

Second, do we have a way of recovering account names and passwords? I haven't played since Kunark first dropped and I've upgraded my pc a few times since then and I played P99 a few years etc etc. Anyway, I will do a forums search, but if anyone can offer some easy info, it'd be most welcome. *Edit* Took me 10 seconds to figure this out! Awesome.

Lastly, do I have any old friends out there that still play? If so, please lemme know. A big draw of the server is being able to box if I can't get a group, but Id love to catch up with some old AKers as well as making some new friends. I have fond memories of the server and I can't wait to relive some of those crazy PoP raids.

Thanks for the help, team. I'll do some forums scouring tomorrow, but at least I said hello. Hope to see you in game soon!

Last edited: Jun 10, 2021
    Mokli likes this.
  2. necra

necra People Like Me

hey merriam, glad to see an old face :) hope you have been well, im sure there are a few in destiny and other guilds who remember you

pop is coming along, as for how long its difficult to say but i believe there is only the EP's and Time to complete as a very rough demonstration of how far the progress is.

3. Faults

Faults I Feel Loved

Hey merriam WB!

4. Tuluvien

Tuluvien I Feel Loved

Merriam! I think there are probably a fair few of us "old folks" still around, come jump in!

Nothing firm on PoP unless I missed something. If I had to guess I would say new year/spring at the earliest, this is based on me really not keeping up with the development/testing progress.

5. Ripwind

Ripwind People Like Me

Lots of new friends to be made! Lately it's felt like the server has been at its most populous since I started playing here > 5 years ago. PoP certainly feels right around the corner. The pessimist in me agrees with Tulu, the optimist thinks we're looking at fall of this year, just due to how many PoP zones have been completed so far.

Welcome back!

Tuluvien likes this.
  6. Pithy

Pithy I Feel Loved

/wave, wb :)

On the dev server, all PoP zones but Fire and Time are live. AAs and quests are mostly complete, though I think there's some testing and debugging yet to do. No word from the devs on a release date, but judging by the amount of work remaining, I think the end's in sight.

You can obviously access your forum account, so you're good here. To access your game accounts, just go to the Game Accounts Tool, which will display all your game account usernames. Click "Reset Password" under any game account to create a new password for that account. To play the game, fire up a launcher, enter the old username and new password, and go to town.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2021
  7. Tuluvien

Tuluvien I Feel Loved

I'd love fall! Admittedly I haven't kept up with testing so mine was just an uneducated guess.

Ripwind likes this.
  8. Mukk

Mukk People Like Me

Hi Merriam! I 'member...

I'll look you up in-game - I'd love to team up.

9. Merriam

Merriam Member

Hey! It's great to see everyone again.

So, yeah, I should NOT have logged in last night. I feel like I lost a day printing my spell lists - crossing off which I had already and which I need from the expansions that released since I last played, and setting up my UI for everyone. Not the least of which, digging my team out of the Hole because apparently I set myself for a grind down in there the last time I played.

First off lemme say WOW! to the website features. Such a great job with the accounts page. It made recovery and pw changes of my accounts so easy. I mean hot damn! Making a trader account was slick as it could be. Im just really impressed. I lost a summer testing TAKP back in what was that? 2014 or 15 I forget, but back then as I played my beastlord down in Lguk without the spiritual line of spells etc. I honestly didn't know if we'd see the server get this far. Just holy crap guys, good job!

I'm glad I have some time in Luclin to prep for the PoP grind. I have 5 level 50 somethings that are stuck in Kunark era gear, so I have a lot of leveling, gearing, and keying to do in the coming months.

Faults, Mukk, Necra, I have a ton of good memories with you guys. Especially when I started out on AK. I can name so many early levels adventures we went on. From farming old world quest pieces in Everfrost, Faults. To hanging with Darco in lguk while he power leveled our bards, Mach. And Necra you totally saved my butt in mistmoore. Stuff Im sure you dont remember, but it made a difference to me and the reason I keep finding EQ every few years. I can't wait to make more memories.

Tl;dr - the server rocks and Im happy to be home. See everyone in game.

Mokli, Mukk, Tuluvien and 1 other person like this.
  10. necra

necra People Like Me

this might be a bit late but if you hit the takp resources tab and check out spell guides you could of saved the best part of a day :p

Dairmuid and Break like this.
  11. Merriam

Merriam Member

Oh I use them, theyre pinned to my web browser. But after stopping and starting EQ over the years I find the physical act of using a pen to cross out spells helps me get back into the toons' abilities. Plus Im an old PnPer so I find excuses to inject some paper and penciling into my virtual worlds when possible!

Neealana likes this.
  12. Mukk

Mukk People Like Me

I'll never forget Darco pulling half of lguk at a time, to PL us. We hung out a lot on AK, cause he'd still be up when I was usually playing, and he always wanted to help me. I felt like Mukk was his twink lol.

Tuluvien likes this.
  13. Tylaric

Tylaric Well-Known Member

Lot of familiar names in this post =)

I love memory lane !