5-12-2021

Discussion in 'Changelog' started by robregen, May 12, 2021.

1. robregen

robregen Administrator Staff Member

Code:
    Solar

* tweaked frenzied burnout AA cast to cancel and reset the ability correctly when it fails due to range check
    * fix player jumping animation showing for other players (dwarf barrel roll and others)
    * show proper rez timer when considering expired player corpse
    * fix some lung capacity issues that sometimes caused characters to drown after zoning underwater
    Torven
    * More NPCs may now respond to calls for help from other NPCs. This will only be noticeable when 7 or more NPCs are in range of each other, as previously there was a limit which is now gone. Assist ranges were not changed.

Database:
    Torven

* sebilis: 'a gangrenous scarab' renamed to 'gangrenous scarab'.
    * sebilis: Added summon ability to some NPCs that should have had it.
    Robregen
    * Tradeskill: Added a missing recipe for mischeivous platemail gauntlets

Cadsuane, Elroz, Ravenwing and 3 others like this.
  2. Nakunaru

Nakunaru People Like Me

HELL TO THE YES!

Ripwind likes this.
  3. Walex

Walex I Feel Loved

Thank you, devs

4. thucydides

thucydides I Feel Loved

I was told this was going in?!!?

sowislifesowislove and Neealana like this.
  5. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

Thank you devs

Break likes this.
  6. Smudge

Smudge People Like Me

Game was simply unplayable prior to this fix.

showstring likes this.
  7. Radda

Radda People Like Me

* fix some lung capacity issues that sometimes caused characters to drown after zoning underwater

If you bind in water and die by drowning, you would still be drowning each time you spawned. is this intended or does your breathe bubble now refill once spawned?

8. rainessa

rainessa People Like Me

I'm sure there's a good reason to bind in water, but I'm drawing a blank.

Radda likes this.
  9. Fadetree

Fadetree People Like Me

if you have an EB item on a trackbot, it's kinda handy.

Radda likes this.
  10. solar

solar Administrator Staff Member

What's the AKurate behavior for this?

Radda likes this.
  11. Cadsuane

Cadsuane People Like Me

No log proof, but I believe it would reset on every login/zonechange

12. solar

There are notes in the code specifically about saving the breath across zone changes on AK and that's what I just fixed, so I think that part is already right. With all this talk of binding and death looping underwater, surely someone knows what happened after drowning and respawning underwater on AK? Did it death loop immediately, or get new air each drowning?

Radda likes this.
  13. Ravenwing

Ravenwing I Feel Loved

New air, I think. I vaguely remember trying to deliver this way and finding it tedious for that reason.

14. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

I vagely remember zoning into the hole. And you didnt get to start over on breath.

Gating or Return to bind after death. Maybe different? Binding under water. Noone did it.

15. Aithne

Aithne Member

Was Minor Illusion faction change removed with this patch? Different behavior at the moment than before patch.

16. gardnerjens

gardnerjens People Like Me

i think there are places where minor illusion dont work, like Ring of Vulak or King Tormax turn in

17. Aithne

Aithne Member

Yeah but I meant changes introduced with the last patch. There is a spot where Minor Illusion changed my enchanters faction from KOS to indiff last week and it does not work anymore.

18. Walex

Walex I Feel Loved

Mobs in the plane of fear have some wonky pathing now, where it looks like they are strafing as they run toward you. Similar to the overthere

19. Mokli

Mokli I Feel Loved

It was happening on our Kael raid the other night. Seru pathing was odd too. Mobs were getting caught more often on the scenery. When you get summoned, often you are summoned just past them and you have to back up.

20. Radda

Radda People Like Me

thats all i was wondering cause i've never done it either. but just a month or so ago, i death looped in the water and sure enough i was drowning before i could rez or camp, after each body dropwed, the 2 secs went by to put me at my bind, and i was already drowning. so i had to /q.

21. Break

Break People Like Me

The bug wasn't about starting over on breath, it was about going from a half full bar to drowning upon zoning. I doubt that no one ever bound underwater on AK. It's pretty uncommon, but it is a great way to check on certain mobs in Kedge.

22. Droop

Droop New Member

I will also add it doesn't seem minor illusion has any faction changes associated with it. I was thinking it made you indifferent but it doesn't. I tried it in several zones and areas (mostly cities and newbie zones) and no change in faction with the illusion.

Surely a guard would judge a rug different than a Gnome, yeah? lol. Not sure how accurate this is or isn't to AK just thought I'd share my findings.

23. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

the coldain dwarves used to turn scowling for people using non-human illusions
    no longer the case now

24. robregen

robregen Administrator Staff Member

can fix that.

25. Pithy

Pithy I Feel Loved

It's inAKurate (minor illusion was sneaky good on AK), but it's my understanding that factions are very hard to pin down with anything resembling accuracy. We can't access AK anymore, and Live factions have changed so much over the years that they're not very useful. Also, I think it takes a billion years to measure factions on Live: con stuff, kill mobs or do quests to adjust your faction levels, con stuff again, ...

26. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

on live they changed illusions not to change faction, at all, for all illusions pretty much
    made doing stein of moggok quest quite broken I think

this is not how it was back in the day - werewolf form was great for velks, elemental / drybone was also great for various places, and minor illusion gave you a huge boost almost everywhere...

John Stark likes this.
  27. Devour_Souls

Devour_Souls People Like Me

It's been a while, but I'm pretty sure some verifiable illusion related faction modifiers have been enabled, not sure exactly which ones, but I think it's just about getting some form of evidence about what did what. I seem to remember Rob changing werewolf illusion to make Splitpaw faction dubious while wearing.

28. rainessa

rainessa People Like Me

I remember running around in velks using lute of the howler on live, but that was on a regular server.

29. Mokli

Mokli I Feel Loved

Yep, for comparison, in the LDoN expansion which is 2 after our era, Druids had a spell called Feral Pack that allowed you to share wolf form indoors. On live this is how I did the Crown of Deceit quest on my Inny DE SK. It was changed sometime after that. And actually, imp form is mentioned on this page a few times for faction increases with guk:

https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=2275&p=7#comments

30. solar

I changed it to refill your lungs when you die.