What Zone Is Most Unknown To You?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Walex, Mar 19, 2021.

1. Walex

Walex I Feel Loved

There's the "exp highway" for leveling, and then there's the uncommon, out-of-the-way zones. And then there are some zones that I forget even exist. Runnyeye Citadel is one of those zones. All I really know about it is how to traverse from Misty Thicket to The Gorge of King Xorbb. It's such a shame too because I have fond memories of watching my older brother exp there back in 1999. It's an incredibly complex zone that unfortunately just doesn't get the credit it deserves anymore.

What zone is still unfamiliar to you guys after all these years?

Elroz likes this.
  2. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

Tower of Frozen Shadow

It's the only zone I've never been to. Never zoned in there, ever on any server

Last edited: Mar 19, 2021
    Slayzz likes this.
  3. Devour_Souls

Devour_Souls People Like Me

Plane of Tranquility

showstring likes this.
  4. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

is it bugged for you also? the pok stone doesn't work

Ripwind likes this.
  5. Elroz

Elroz I Feel Loved Staff Member

Some zones I always thought didn't get much attention, Dagnor's Cauldron (most people just pass through), East Karana (really a big zone, people don't usually explore it much), Gorge of king xorbb, lake rathetear, Befallen, and kithicor. Those zones get visitors, but usually for very select areas, or passing through. Ocean of tears same thing. Dalnir in kunark, such an out-of-the-way dungeon.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2021
  6. Mokli

Mokli I Feel Loved

Runny Eye, Najena and believe it or not, Qeynos Catecombs. The first two simply because I ended up leveling elsewhere and they seemed out of the way. The last one mainly because I played mostly good aligned races on live and one time I ventured down there and was crushed pretty quickly when I got near the dark guilds. Since there was never a reason other than to explore, I just never went back.

7. PompeiiEQ

PompeiiEQ Active Member

The Warrens. Has a great ZEM too. Just never wanted to drag low level characters out there to try and level there. Don’t think I’ve ever stepped foot in that zone.

8. Tuluvien

Tuluvien I Feel Loved

So worth it. Can level and gear over a huge level range. Interesting dungeon dynamics and keys. I find it fun to blast up through with 60s even.

Mine would be Charasis, The Howling Stones. I've just never found my way there in all these years.

9. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

Probably Mons Letalis.

Went there for an epic fight or two once OoW released 1.5/2.0 epics. Beyond that.. I've be there twice on this server hunting Chitterling Barbs with no success before I went back to Shadeweavers

Slayzz likes this.
  10. Ripwind

Ripwind People Like Me

I love doing 1-10 or so in the Warrens. Mobs run and self-pull, so you can get it done pretty fast there before moving on to something like Kurn's.

Radda likes this.
  11. Cillipis

Cillipis Well-Known Member

Moms letalis. Its bad and a pointlessly broken zone, so I stayed out. Also only ever been part of the way up ToFS and never took one of my own toons into Veeshan Peaks either.

12. Tryfan

Tryfan People Like Me

Mine would be Halas. I can't stand large races, but if I am going to play one I am going to be evil. Never played a barbarian long enough to visit the home town.

That's three times more than anyone in their right mind should go there...

13. Kovah

Kovah Active Member

Stonebrunt Mountains has to be up there for a few people

14. Fadetree

Fadetree People Like Me

Anything past PoP tier 1 for me, unfortunately.

Tuluvien likes this.
  15. Sketchy

Sketchy People Like Me

Been all through ToFS multiple times, it's fun to crawl up. Mons Letalis I have spent very little time in, I did go up onto the platform to kill the named mobs once. Runneye and Warrens I levelled in a lot. Xorbb I spent a stupid amount of time back in classic camping the piece for the aoe hammer.

I think the two zones I have spent the least amount of time in, and know the least about are Kerra Island, Nurga, and Dalnir. Though I have been to Dalnir once or twice.

How do you never end up in HS though? Great dungeon and Drusella is key.

16. Mukk

Mukk People Like Me

It would probably be easier for me to list the zones I have been to than the ones I haven't, because there are so many...
    Most of Luclin, most of PoP, ToV, Sleepers Tomb, Crystal Caverns, Western Wastes, Chardok, Dalnir, Howling Stones, Veeshan's Peak, Nurga, Stonebrunt, Warrens, Crushbone, Splitpaw, Cazic Thule, PoMischief, PoHate and PoSky are all zones I have never been to before. Yes, Crushbone. lol I could probably list just as many that I've only been to once or only a few times and am not knowledgeable about in any way.

As my characters approach the level 40's and 50's I plan on remedying a lot of the Kunark content I've never seen. I'd like to experience the high end Velious content, and that's probably where I'd spend most of my time if I could, since that was the first expansion that came out when I started playing EQ (Kunark had already been released). The rest I could take or leave with a grain of salt honestly.

17. Quinas

Quinas Member

Like Mukk I haven't done much in Velious, Luclin or PoP. I played mostly in the original EQ and Kunark eras, and then when I came back to emulators I played P99 when it was stuck at Kunark for a long time.

I've played a bit more of Velious and Luclin since coming to TAKP, and would like to do more, but for exping the classic zones and Kunark probably offer the best opportunities and I am not 60 yet.

18. cmdrk

cmdrk Member

Jaggedpine Forest. I've spent a reasonable amount of time in Stonebrunt killing Titans but have only ever once stepped foot into Jaggedpine. I guess there are .. quests there and stuff?

Also absolutely nothing in PoP. Excite!

Last edited: Mar 27, 2021
  19. Radda

Radda People Like Me

i've
    been
    everywhere!

Sketchy and Ripwind like this.
  20. Animalevic

Animalevic New Member

Mischief (never bothered to try and get in) and Jaggedpine (all the leaves crashed my 'puter). Would also like to do deep in Akheva ruins but haven't been able to get there yet. Some day!

21. DubRemix88

DubRemix88 People Like Me

I'm still pretty new to Luclin content, but Akheva ruins doesnt have a lot to see. Between shard hunting, clearing to shei, VT turn ins, and a few va'dyn/IV/shei kills... im pretty sure ive gotten the grand tour in only a few hours of actual playtime in that zone. Griegs end and seru are much more foreign to me given similiar hours spent there.

22. Sketchy

Sketchy People Like Me

Griegs is a seriously fun zone, I wish the mobs where higher level. You can't say you have spent time in Akheva unless you have killed the Insanity Crawler.

Slayzz likes this.
  23. DubRemix88

I heard it was broke, not to engage it.

24. Sketchy

Sketchy People Like Me

Oh never heard that, must be recent. Or is your concern that you may catch the insanity?

25. DubRemix88

I dont remember exactly what was said (to someone i was grouped in akheva with) but i think it had something to do with the loot table or ability to loot it. Anyways we were adviced it was a waste of time to try killing so we left it alone.

26. numinari

numinari Member

A lot of velious.

A lot of high end Kunark, Seb, Kaesora, the Hole.

Everything after shar-val.

27. Silvermink

Silvermink Member

I’ve been to most group content zones. I would like to see more kunark, velious and luclin raid content. I raided some pre-kunark, and was time flagged during pop(though didn’t see quarm until later). I never seemed to be in the right guilds for kunark or velious or luclin. I have been on some flashback events on live, but they run through so fast you just don’t get any sense of what it was like.

28. Lenas

Lenas I Feel Loved

Kaladim South and most of Neriak. If we're talking non-city areas, I wouldn't be able to tell you much about Grimling Forest other than how to get to AC. I was also going to echo Mons Letalis, but I learned a little bit about it here before SOL launched.

29. sowislifesowislove

sowislifesowislove People Like Me

The cat place. Kerra island?