Elemental Plane Tranquility quest armor discussion

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mokli, Feb 20, 2021.

1. Mokli

Mokli I Feel Loved

In line with the possibility of broken effects outlined in this thread being corrected: https://www.takproject.net/forums/index.php?threads/where-is-the-server-at.5545/

I was wondering if the missing BP's will be added when PoP goes live. Namely, the following (broken or correct focii aside):

Grimror's Guard of the Plagues
    Ultor's Chestguard of Faith
    Askr's Thunderous Chainmail

The rest of the class EP BP's are in the TAKP database. I did a quick check on allakabor profiles and it appears that the SK BP didn't exist. I'm assuming the same for the others. With that said, I haven't looked into any other missing pieces of class EP gear if any are missing.

First, having never raided at the top end on AK, were the other BP's obtainable to begin with? And then, is there any intention or thought as to adding these either with PoP or at a later time perhaps? Thanks.

2. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

On AK in Temerity we got 1 Silk, 1 Chain and 2 Plate BP molds. The first BP mold was won on a cleric, and when he completed the combine he received Blackened Eye, an LoY quest item. After this failed combine we collectively figured all of the Time BPs were not in and the subsequent Enchanter/Ranger/Paladin to win BPs didn't bother attempting the combines assuming they would fail. We were still waiting on GM responses to the first failed combine petition when the server closed I believe?

In the end, we have no idea whether the other BPs were obtainable or not. Theoretically they should've been since they were in our database, but we never tried the other combines after being traumatized by the first combine.

It makes sense to back-fill these items into our database so that all classes have a Time BP available to them. However, the question remains, what type of Time BP is available. Those BPs seemed to go through a few rounds of revamps.

The first set was around 175 HP/Mana and they each had a clicky identical to their class specific item (for example the enchanter one had the same click as the Serpent of Vindication). There were some exceptions to this. Hybrids without a class specific clicky (everyone but bard) had Koadic's Heightened Focus (same as Emperor Robe/Shawl click). Melee all had Avatar as their click. Druids being the unique case where theirs was Winged Death instead of Swarming Death which is their class specific clicky.

The second set which is seen on live today, tends to have around 200 HP/Mana and a focus effect as well as a skill mod generally.

What the devs decide to do is up to them. I see value in adding them to the database and keeping the less powerful versions with their clicks as that would be unique to the server. I also see value in adding them in the 2.0 updated version as the focus on them is much more valuable than the click in some classes case (like Necromancer who get 30% DoT Damage focus for example). I would also see value leaving them all broken making the best in slot BPs come from Elemental gods, providing some incentive to members attending those EP God Backflag runs for a chance at a BIS BP.

3. Ravenwing

Ravenwing I Feel Loved

Fixing the Time BPs seems like a no-brainer to me.

Maybe just leave the druid one broken and set Fennin's tunic to 0.5% to give Darchon something to look forward to in case a Sporecaller drops before PoP.

4. robregen

robregen Administrator Staff Member

like I said. the item id on those breastplates are > 32767 which it the max the client would allow to accept the items. we will have to customized it and assigned it to an item id that is either out of era or unused.

Grimror's Guard of the Plagues - 47645
    Ultor's Chestguard of Faith - 47646
    Askr's Thunderous Chainmail - 47647

Last edited: Feb 20, 2021
  5. Mokli

Mokli I Feel Loved

Thanks Rob. I realized that might be the case, but my question was more about the decision to add them at all. It looks like you are leaning in that direction. Thanks.

6. gamerman777

gamerman777 New Member

I recently got a chain BP from Innoruk in Time. My frustration is 1. Parry is useless unless as a ranger I can get to 10 percent, which you can’t and no Atk make this BP that should be BIS, second to Coirnavs BP. I have also seen +15 accuracy on other servers but not on this petty BP. I feel like I just wasted my 81 dkp. And the wrath of ro, again useless for a ranger. BPs should be the best in game and take in effect the class using it. Very disappointed.

7. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

I could probably link about 10 ranger magelo profiles who have the BP equipped and already are over the ATK cap. Also this is the best in slot fire damage focus, amplifying your best damage spell. A focus very difficult to obtain on a ranger since the only other option is sort of mediocre for rangers. The Coirnav BP has 30 FR/CR, meanwhile the time BP has 20sv all. FR/CR are extremely present on regular ranger gear which means they're extremely easy to cap, and they also happen to be the least relevant resists rangers need to cope with in PoTime, so the 20 MR/DR/PR is much better. Plus 60 more HP is pretty cool!

Yea the skill mod is useless, most are, just the nature of the game at this point in time. They are mostly novelties. As TLP monks will attest, fixed skill mods aren't all that great either. We had monks using Vex Thal gloves with the H2H skill mod until around TSS/TBS era (level 75 cap) on TLPs due to this.

lurari, Kuron and Tuluvien like this.
  8. Foxboxx

Foxboxx People Like Me

Rangers have plenty of paths to maxing out ATK with their PoTime gear, and you'll see a decent amount of variation in how they choose to get there. You may have wanted to wait until you had more ATK gear to grab the PoTime bp, though =P.

lurari likes this.
  9. Barnd0g

Barnd0g People Like Me

Time to touch some grass. Maybe you need to choose another class that doesn't make you so salty or make some more alts and enjoy exping...might I suggest crushbone and then I would recommend unrest that place is rad!

Last edited: Sep 28, 2023
    lurari likes this.
  10. Walex

Walex I Feel Loved

Man. It would be really cool if there was a way to check the stats on an item before spending so much DKP :(

Cadsuane, Barnd0g, lurari and 2 others like this.
  11. Devour_Souls

Devour_Souls People Like Me

Sir this is a Wendy's.

Cadsuane, Barnd0g, Mukk and 2 others like this.
  12. The Shade

The Shade Active Member

1) Wrath of Ro does take in effect of the class using it...

2) This is a locked server without intent of changing to individual preferences. There is a way to make your own server if you aren't pleased with certain stats...

3) The frustration should be focused towards the original EQ devs, not the ones who are trying to preserve the best EQ for a certain audience. Perhaps reaching out to the original will help them make better decisions in the future... maybe.

Barnd0g and lurari like this.
  13. Break

Break People Like Me

A lot of those guys are straight up dead. Years of dealing with complaints from disgruntled EQ fans probably did them in.

Big props to our devs. We love the work you do!

The Shade, Barnd0g and lurari like this.