9-30-2020

Discussion in 'Changelog' started by robregen, Sep 30, 2020.

1. robregen

robregen Administrator Staff Member

Code:
    Torven

* NPC backstab damage has been reduced.
    * Casting Reclaim Pet on a charmed summoned NPC pet will now do nothing.
    * NPCs may now equip primary only 1h weapons in the offhand.
    * NPCs will now favor 1h weapons over 2h weapons.
    Robregen
    * no drop items left in world container will now be deleted when container closed or player stepped away.

Database:
    Torven

* echo: needlite NPC attack delay and maximum damage reduced.
    Robregen
    * Warrior Epic: added a missing weapon conversion for 2H to 1H.

Script:
    Torven

* acrylia: warders are no longer attackable by pets.
    * acrylia: the warder in the archmage event will now disappear immediately after the event has been completed successfully.

Mechaike, Sketchy, Walex and 3 others like this.
  2. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

just wondering, where did this change come from?

if you now accidentally click "close" on the wrong tradeskill window while doing quest combines, or while making luclin shadowscream armor, you lose the no-drop items?
    this is quite catastrophic and extremely easy to do accidentally... or if you just plain go linkdead for any reason while tradeskilling

it's now extremely risky to do any tradeskills

RossGuy likes this.
  3. Slayzz

Slayzz People Like Me

I also have a question about one of the changes.

So I just attempted Trak 3 times after Trio'ing him yesterday successfully. Today however, I died all 3 times. Now yes, I could just suck all of a sudden, but I am executing my strat well, if not even better than yesterday when I first attempted it.

And I am not dying for anything other than an inability to keep up with heals. I have to chain CH during evasive, but after it drops I just cant keep up period. In all the times Ive killed him in groups and most recently solo I have never had to chain CH if MR is high to resist life taps or if I have runes to absorb some of it

I am singing songs and my MR was maxed so I was really just confused as to what the hell was happening... So I thought, can Trak be hasted? BUUUUT then I saw the changelog today which allowed primary only weapons to be equiped in the secondary slot to dual wield for NPCs... and so I looked up his Trak Teeth and they are primary only piercing weapons... I confirmed via logs that he is now quadding. In a period of 105 seconds during yesterdays fight while EVASIVE he hit me a total of 43 times. Not including misses, only hits. Today he hit me 86 times in that same time frame. His DPS output has doubled because of the primary/secondary weapon changeling change.

Is this accurate? Yes I am bummed I can't kill him now lol, but more importantly I am curious about what this is doing to all mobs and if what it has now done is what was intended...

RossGuy, Break and Cadsuane like this.
  4. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

checked logs, EQMac Trakanon does not quad

as such, I believe the "wield primary only 1h weapons in offhand" change could be inAKkurate

[​IMG]

I have submitted these logs to Torven so he can also check them

RossGuy and Slayzz like this.
  5. Slayzz

Slayzz People Like Me

I also have logs showing him NOT quadding on TAKP yesterday and previously and quadding during my fights with him today. Let me know if you would like them and how to get them to you if so.

RossGuy likes this.
  6. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

On EQLive I lived in Sirens Grotto for many months charm killing down the well using a pathing exploit (this pathing exploit worked on EQMac server also, and I believe it still works on EQLive since I used it on progression servers).

Reclaim energy not only worked on summoned elemental NPCs, but it also gave you almost full mana since the reclaim energy spell was based on pet's hitpoints

I used it to basically get mana back all the time back in the day on EQLive in 2001/2002 era in sirens grotto, and also to despawn placeholders for shimmering sea spirit

On EQMac since the player level was higher, I didn't have mana issues so I can't find it in my logs using this trick.
    Also the mobs were light blue so it wasn't as good exp as back on EQLive, so I didn't spend as much time down the well.

anyone else remember using this Reclaim Energy trick on elemental mobs (to either despawn the mobs, or get lots of mana back from the mobs), and happen to have it in their logs for evidence?

RossGuy likes this.
  7. robregen

It's Akurate as confirmed by other veteran AK.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2020
  8. robregen

This is charming NPC's pet he's talking about. Not the normal summoned NPC.

9. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

okay my bad, I misread that as:
    * Casting Reclaim Pet on a charmed summoned NPC pet will now do nothing.

aka, the charmed summoned NPC, that is now your pet.

regarding the no-drop world container items

I believe the TAKP logic up until this patch was as follows:

1. if you place no-drop item in world container, the option to close the container is greyed out until no-drop item is removed
    2. if you place no-drop item in world container, and the container closes (through walking away, going LD or whatnot), the item will still remain in the container
    2a. if the same player opens the container, the item is still there
    2b. if a different player opens the container, the item poofs - this is to prevent any no-drop trade exploits

was the change in today's patch made because of some no-drop trade exploit somehow working?
    or was it simply made because of the above comment on the forums

because the previous logic worked fairly well imo, and the new logic makes things a lot worse and risky to make any no-drop combines

thanks

RossGuy likes this.
  10. Smudge

Smudge People Like Me

I was wondering why Phinny was so difficult today. He was dual wielding Trident & Rod of Malaisement.

RossGuy, showstring and Slayzz like this.
  11. robregen

this was simply made to be more AKurate is all. The way we had it was inakurate

Just don't move away. hug your world container like it's the best thing that ever happen to you. lol

Last edited: Oct 1, 2020
    Sketchy likes this.
  12. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

Regarding the equipping of offhand weapons: the change was made because Diaku Forged weapons on elite diaku NPCs are flagged primary only, and without the change the NPCs were not equipping an offhand weapon. I didn't realize this change would affect Trakanon, because I'm not a hyper prescient android. Sony seems to have used some strange logic for this, so I'll come up with something to address the Trakanon issue so teeth aren't making him quad.

Regarding the reclaim pet spell: the problem I had intended to remedy was that the spell was granting mana and not poofing the pet, allowing the enchanter to refill their mana bar from chain casting it. I'm not aware of any Sony server exploits regarding this spell. The spell was already coded to not work on non-summoned charmed NPCs.

Mechaike, RossGuy, showstring and 4 others like this.
  13. Tuen

Tuen People Like Me

We
    We have emp tonight would this effect us if he had lets say two caens bo staffs?

14. Tuen

Tuen People Like Me

Nm i missed the part about 1h only

15. Tuen

Tuen People Like Me

Ok sorry I had my coffee now... Just thinking about this for a minute wouldn't this affect every NPC in the game who has 1h primary weapons in their drop list and currently only hits twice a round? Off the top of my head right now I can't think of a ton but some from this thread Trakanon and Phinigel, plus Venril Sathir.

Additionally we have Blood of SSRA tonight, who I'm pretty sure can drop two Mace of Confusion. I double checked mqemulator and it looks like he only hits twice a round currently. Now he should still be easily doable but the larger point would be that this changes the landscape across the board and could cause a lot of unintended consequences. So my larger point is that it might be easier to work out a way for the Daiku's to dual wield vs a global change. Thanks!

Slayzz likes this.
  16. sowislifesowislove

sowislifesowislove People Like Me

Lots of changes both for the player and against the player have been made on this server, “for the health of the server” and not been AKurrate. Wouldn’t this be one of those nasty things that just shouldn’t be here merely because it’s AKurrate?

17. Mokli

Mokli I Feel Loved

and pray you don't LD

Palarran likes this.
  18. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

Many who did shadowscream, likely lost a hammer or anvil at least once.

I think it was fine before. Even tho not akurate. I tend to not be for things intended to punish.

Palarran, showstring, Inacht and 3 others like this.
  19. Slayzz

Slayzz People Like Me

Blood, Da Vyn, Fear Golems, zlandicar, yelinak are the first ones that come to mind that could fall into this category.

da vyn often drops 2 weaps but only rarely dual wields and rips when he does because of the make up of weapons. now hed dual wield a lot. same for the others above. there are others im sure. some of which already quad so I dont think itd be an issue but im sure there are others im not thinking of too

20. Slayzz

Slayzz People Like Me

correction yelinak and zlad already quad I think. but the first 3 for sure only double

21. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

Regarding the Tradeskills container thing, the Close Container button should be greyed out the second a No Drop item is placed inside.

The only way for them to poof was for you to back away from the container forcing it to close from distance. I did this once on Al’Kabor during Shadowscream farm.

After that, I learned to always sit or open my spell book at the forge. This way I had no opportunity to accidentally move far away from the container and force a close. You really only have to worry about a random disconnect if you always sit when using open world containers.

Cadsuane likes this.
  22. Break

Break People Like Me

I made a bug report on this because it seemed overpowered/exploitative. I was able to use reclaim energy and /pet go away on NPC pets in Najena. Oddly, I was not able to use those on elementals.

I never actually had an enchanter on Al'Kabor. I was just guessing that it might be different, and I asked for clarification. It is interesting to hear that it was this way on live.

23. Elroz

Elroz I Feel Loved Staff Member

I remember a gm reimbursing me a no drop item from LDing at a loom, he said he got so many petitions from similar circumstances. I'd worry that you'll just be giving yourselves more work long term, although LDing is far less frequent here.

showstring likes this.
  24. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

The GMs here just don't reimburse. It's a player fault even when the Canada host has network routing issues and people go LD randomly for no reason like it happens once a month on average. Just hope you aren't tradeskilling. May the odds be in your favor.

25. Neealana

Neealana People Like Me

At least, if you mess up ( or go LD ), you can give Master Barkhem the "bloodling plate mail" and redo that part of the quest. Annoying, but not the end of the world.
    I fully expect to close the forge by accident before POP comes out.

26. Lenas

Lenas I Feel Loved

Thanks for the feedback.

27. Inacht

Inacht People Like Me

For other raiding crews, shei has the potential to quad if she has two weapons until the current 1h changes are modified. She really took us by surprise tonight!

Tuen likes this.
  28. Tuen

Tuen People Like Me

That stinks.. blood didn’t have the mace tonight so I couldn’t confirm but would assume he’ll quad if that’s the case.

It seems as though this is possible for the entire rhag cycle as well

Slayzz likes this.
  29. Inacht

Inacht People Like Me

Talking with the ramp tank it sounds like I might have jumped the gun on the quadding call with shei, they just dropped super quick. still it's probably a good idea to be extra careful on any raid mob that normally wouldn't quad and could have 2 weapons.

30. Trebek

Trebek Member

[Thu Oct 01 21:33:03 2020] Shei Vinitras pierces YOU for 498 points of damage.
    [Thu Oct 01 21:33:03 2020] Shei Vinitras was hit by non-melee for 16 points of damage.
    [Thu Oct 01 21:33:03 2020] Shei Vinitras pierces YOU for 633 points of damage.
    [Thu Oct 01 21:33:03 2020] Shei Vinitras was hit by non-melee for 16 points of damage.
    [Thu Oct 01 21:33:03 2020] Shei Vinitras pierces YOU for 610 points of damage.
    [Thu Oct 01 21:33:03 2020] Shei Vinitras pierces YOU for 543 points of damage.

Shei does seem to be quadding