8-19-2020

Discussion in 'Changelog' started by robregen, Aug 19, 2020.

1. robregen

robregen Administrator Staff Member

Code:
    Torven

* Eyes of Zomm should hopefully no longer get the caster on hate lists.
    * DoT spells cast by charmed NPCs will no longer cause strange aggro behavior.
    Solar
    * ApplyDurationFocus adjusted to include the extra tick in calculations
    * Don't apply a 33% item AC bonus for NEC WIZ MAG ENC - still applies to other classes
    * Cap item AC for characters below level 50
    * Donal's BP effect made more accurate to match client
    Haynar
    * Animations are back.
    * If you camp out or are disconnected with coins on your cursor, they will now be put in your inventory, instead of being invisible on the cursor until you pick something up. This helps prevent desync issues with moving items to the cursor.

Database:
    Torven

* The Metal Bits recipe now produces one Metal Bits instead of two.
    * The trivial levels for a few hundred recipes (some in PoP) in the database have been corrected. Most notably:
    * Arctic Wyvern, Black Pantherskin, Haze Panther, Tigeraptor and Cobalt Drake tailored armors have had their trivials increased to 335.
    * All of the Luclin cultural armor set combines are now 335 trivial.
    Robrgen
    * Jaggedpine Forest: a giant anaconda will now conned indifferent and no faction hits.
    * Velketor: change faction for traps so caster mob will no longer try to buff them.

Script:
    Torven

* vexthal: Thall Xundraux Diabo's death will now despawn warders.

Sketchy, Lyrina, Cadsuane and 5 others like this.
  2. Ablazze

Ablazze Member

Nice .

3. Devour_Souls

Devour_Souls People Like Me

How does this translate in game?

Slayzz likes this.
  4. solar

solar Administrator Staff Member

It was calculated incorrectly and didn't match what was on the character sheet in the client. So if you had 100 AC from items it actually counted it as 133 AC, which is how it works for characters that aren't one of the 4 int casters.

5. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

Torven
    * The Metal Bits recipe now produces one Metal Bits instead of two.

wow

Dane likes this.
  6. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

so what does that mean in-game?

silk casters get 33% less AC from items, I assume this is the pre-softcap calculations? so about 1.5% different post-softcap? (33% of the 5% post-softcap returns)
    so overall about 1.5% less mitigation or something like that?

7. Devour_Souls

Devour_Souls People Like Me

So are casters going to take more damage now? Or it just a client display change?

8. solar

I'm not sure if it's going to make a huge difference, but it should be more correct now and feel more authentic, I guess. The way the mitigation AC function works for the pure casters is that relative to the other classes they benefit more from AC provided by spell effects like Umbra and such, but less from AC provided by items. In the end it's a pretty minor difference but I think that was the EQ designers' intent - a caster scoffs at physical protection, but they have their own arch shielding and phantom armor spells instead. They have no incentive to seek out high AC (thick, heavy) items, those would just encumber them.

Mukk likes this.
  9. Auyster

Auyster People Like Me

Does the Eye of Zomm no longer getting the caster on hate lists include Eye of Tallon?

10. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

Yes Auyster

11. Tryfan

Tryfan People Like Me

What is the new item ac cap for lowbies?

12. solar

level * 6 + 25 but it's capped after the 33% bonus is added so you actually need even less worn AC than that to cap out (unless you're a robe caster). Only applies to characters level 49 and under.

13. Mukk

Mukk People Like Me

*Dies in 9 hits instead of 10*

Yep! Feels more authentic to me! ;)

14. gardnerjens

gardnerjens People Like Me

Where did you find evidence for this?

Most stuff Eqtraders says it should make 2, i know we have conversions that should yield two, but due to the client we get one. But i am pretty sure that the stackable onces are in era, correct me i am wrong

15. gardnerjens

gardnerjens People Like Me

16. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

https://web.archive.org/web/20020602201410/http://www.eqtraders.com/secrets/smithing_conversions.htm

Very clearly calls out the Studs combinations as Yielding 2 but the bits combinations only yield 1.

https://web.archive.org/web/2003101...ithing&sb=item&sub=basic&menustr=080100020000

Yield 1 here in Oct 2003.

In fact it is even in a patch note from September 2006, roughly when TSS expansion came out and level cap increased to 75:

http://www.tski.co.jp/baldio/patch/20060919.html

robregen likes this.