What use is blind any longer?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Wellmine, Jul 18, 2020.

1. Wellmine

Wellmine Active Member

With the changes I removed it from my normal line up. But I am curious if anyone has found any use now it’s been changed/needed. It mostly sucked for my trio as I used it to prevent flee like on live. However with the new changes it seems it could be used as a type of fear spell. Just wanted to see if anyone found a use other than to have a classic meditate experience.

2. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

It's still good agro, but the risk if it lands mobs will behave quite oddly, so best to use on MR immune mobs or whatnot
    so I alternate it between stuns for agro, but effectively it's not required since you can just wait an extra second or two for the normal stun gems to refresh.

Besides that, it's still kinda possible maybe to use it for splitting tricks with FD class

3. Wellmine

Wellmine Active Member

I remember it stopping flee on low hotpoint mobs on live/AK. Did I make that up or is this a new behavior that it doesn't do that any longer? Just disappointed I don’t have a way to stop running mobs without switching to snare weapon

4. Tesadar

Tesadar Active Member

used to be fun for pvp back on tallon zek hahah

cubehacker likes this.
  5. Palarran

Palarran Well-Known Member

On live single target blind certainly used to be used for splitting. Bio orb was considered an essential monk item.

6. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

Blind does not prevent low health flee on Live

7. Wellmine

Wellmine Active Member

When I was on progression I was 100% back on sleeper blind made mob attack nearest NPC like it did previously here and if the mob was fleeing it stopped running and turned back to attack nearest mob. If pet was in range it attacked it and soon as PC was in range it attacked that as well. Just not sure if the spell is even worth using any longer, disappointing.

8. solar

solar Administrator Staff Member

I don't know but I feel like the blind spells are useful for fleeing from NPCs while you're traveling and not much else. Imagine you're not level 60 with run3/sow/VT gear and you're walking through oasis. A sand giant aggros you and you can't outun it because you don't have SoW. Flash of Light would let you gain a lead and continue running toward the zone without being hit in the back the whole time.

9. Lenas

Lenas I Feel Loved

I once dueled someone at the GFay spires while waiting for a port to the Nexus.

I was in possession of a wrapped entropy serpent spine. Poor guy got destroyed, and accused me of cheating.

Not all items or effects need to be useful in all scenarios.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2020
    Tuluvien likes this.
  10. 98bcobra

98bcobra Member

I to have removed from my spell line up. Used to be my way off gaining and maintaining aggro as a bst. Now it just causes the mobs to flee and is generally useless if Im not top on the hate list. I can sink like 6 blinds in to a mob while it is mezzed and still sometimes it takes off running after i break it.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2020
  11. Wellmine

Wellmine Active Member

Im thinking it could be a way for us to fear kite with it if we have a high agro class to duo with.

12. Lenas

Lenas I Feel Loved

Spells generate hate even when they don't land. I suggest using Drowsy to keep agro instead.

This was the way, back in 2003:

13. Palarran

Palarran Well-Known Member

Don't beastlord dots generate a fair amount of hate, even the low level dots, due to poison counters?

14. Wellmine

Wellmine Active Member

Yea I’ve switched to dots but that being said the biggest thing for beastlord and blind for me, was the ability to have a mob stop running turn around and fight.

15. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

Holding Aggro on TAKProject:

For Paladins just alternate Cease > Desist > Stun
    For SKs just alternate 2 Terrors or Terror > Torrent
    For Beastlords just spam lower level slow
    For Rangers just spam Flame Lick
    For Warriors just autoattack and prayer
    For Bards/Monk/Rogue just don't expect you will hold aggro and be pleasantly surprised when you can

I think that about sums it up.

16. Pithy

Pithy I Feel Loved

For SKs just alternate some mix of Clinging Darkness, Shadow Vortex, Shroud of Pain, Torrent of Pain.

ftfy

Tesadar, Elrontaur and John Stark like this.
  17. solar

solar Administrator Staff Member

Did you guys know that Bards and Beastlords have Taunt skill in the client? It isn't enabled for them so they could never learn it on AK (as far as I know), but they have a cap of 100 in the skill so granting it to them at character creation would have allowed it to work. I'm working on some skill stuff and just thought this was interesting.. wonder how it came to be the way.

18. Lenas

Lenas I Feel Loved

Absolute min-max gaming units alternate flame lick and tangling weeds. I think this actually makes Rangers the fastest hate generators in the game?

Also, why bother with the Terror line of SK spells for 200-650 hate when a Darkness generates 1200?

Tesadar likes this.
  19. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

Terror spells would work better on lower HP mobs

20. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

Druids have same spells.

For SK I sort of like the idea of Terrors cause they don't mess with mob buff slots. Sounds like I am doing it wrong though. Good thing I only use my SK for killing one mob.

21. John Stark

John Stark People Like Me

Sit aggro can be handy too.

22. Lenas

Lenas I Feel Loved

I guess I've been stuck in max level mode for too long, but yeah. I suppose at some point around velks / fungus grove / sebilis level the lower level spell agro starts to be more effective.

23. Pithy

Pithy I Feel Loved

Terrors do have their uses! Lower hitpoint mobs and bellycasters are two good examples. But Clingy D and AC taps are more hate per second and more hate per mana in most situations.

24. Cadsuane

Cadsuane People Like Me

25. 98bcobra

98bcobra Member

Will Lower level slows generate aggro if a higher level slow is already on the mob though? As it gets blocked.

26. Devour_Souls

Devour_Souls People Like Me

Yes they will.

27. Lenas

Lenas I Feel Loved

He must have me on ignore.

Choir likes this.
  28. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

Yep. This. Terrors pretty much a waste.

29. Mokli

Mokli I Feel Loved

Except for belly casters when you want to agro at range. I found them pretty useful getting agro on ST dragons when I tanked them last time.

Sketchy and Cadsuane like this.
  30. necra

necra People Like Me

im a little confused on how blind should function, i have just been playing around and i cast blind on a mob, it lands and it runs at me and hits me. also if i fd while its running at me the mob will reset and walk to spawn point and completely reset even though it is still blind? is this correct?