2-5-2020

Discussion in 'Changelog' started by robregen, Feb 5, 2020.

1. robregen

robregen Administrator Staff Member

Code:
    Solar

* Bard AA Boastful Bellow special cased so it doesn't break invis and works while buffed with Divine Aura
    Torven
    * NPC warrior shield (i.e. the /shield ability) AI has been changed such that it will now trigger more or less often depending on the circumstances and will now behave more as it should.
    Haynar
    * Fixed some behavior of the /pet hold command, so it should function more like it was on AK. It is no longer a single command, that puts pet on hold, backs them off and clears its hate list.
    * Made changes to packet resends when zoning under packet loss, to try and improve zone success rates.

Database
    Robregen

* items: Glowing Feline Femur, Glowing Feline Skull, and Glowing Bone Chips should now be sellable to vendors.
    * Katta Castellum: Added spawn condition for Day / Night
    * Katta Castellum: Added a set of missing daytime Centurions from AK's spawn collect.
    * Katta Castellum: Lower the drop rate for shard.
    Torven
    * cazicthule: a Tae Ew hunter's spawn point fixed.
    * thedeep: Oldencamp coin drop increased.

Script
    Robregen

* QuestReward Experience: The following quests had been adjusted to match live packet experience reward:
    All newbie note turn in.
    Vah Shir Citizenship (#1)
    Crushbone Belts
    Crushbone Shoulderpads
    Gnoll Fangs (Qeynos and Halas)
    Coldain Shawl #1 and #2
    Lodizal Shell Shield
    Red Wine and White Wine to Lady Shae
    Muffin for Pandos
    Blank Scrolls
    Skeleton Killing
    Bone Chips (Felwithe)
    Bat Wings
    Bone Chips (Field of Bone)
    Bone Chips (Kaladim)
    Bat Fur
    Rohand's Brandy
    Crush the Undead

2. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

/pet hold
    before: hold, wipe hatelist, set target null.
    after: pet on hold. New mobs that attack master will add to pets hate list. But if pet is not engaged, they will not attack anything if on hold. If they are in combat when u put them on hold. They will keep fighting until nothing on their hate list or told to back off.

/pet follow
    Before
    Pet off hold. Pet follows master.
    After
    Pet follows master. Hold state does not change

/pet attack
    Has not changed. However. If pet was on hold. It may not have an empty hatelist. So attacking something will release hold. And pet will go after whats on hate list.

/pet guard (same as /pet guard here)
    Before
    Takes pet off hold. Pet guards where standing.
    After
    Pet guards. Hold state does not change.

/pet guard me
    Takes pet off hold and pet follows master. Pet attacks anything that attack master. This did not change. If pet was on hold and its hatelist was not empty, it will seek out targets.

/pet back off
    Clears pets hate list. Clears its target. This command should be used after /pet hold if you want to clear a pets hatelist and/or get them to disengaged mobs they are attacking. Does not change hold state.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2020
    Mechaike likes this.
  3. sowislifesowislove

sowislifesowislove People Like Me

Thanks for fixing those faction exp quests. Was bummed that they didn’t work here when I started. Another one to test later might be goblin left ear in High Pass

4. Ravenwing

Ravenwing I Feel Loved

Pet changes look good to me, except:
    Is this correct? My memory could be faulty, but I thought /pet hold did cause the pet to stop attacking immediately (though the hate list remained intact as described above unless a /pet back off command was also given).

5. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

Don’t know. Eqlive has changed too much. So will need better memory than me to finish this off. I did figure out how to get them to stop fighting now. So just need more info on correctness.

6. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

I dont remember having to tell pet to back off after putting on hold. But putting on hold while in combat is hazy.

I do remember you needed to tell them to back off before sending them to attack. Or bad things happen sometimes.

7. Speedz

Speedz Administrator Staff Member

the /pet hold while in combat did break off attack. It essentially walked back to master. If mob followed pet it would still get hit. If you issued /pet follow it ran back but still on hold.
    I am playing live currently as a necro and this seems true even now.

8. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

Live has like 17 levels of pet discipline now. If u only have level 1. Might be a good place to compare.

9. robregen

It didn't give good experience on live. Seems like it's just a faction type quest instead of just an awesome experience gain like the crushbone belt and shoulderpad. Highkeep has great ZEM anyway.

sowislifesowislove likes this.
  10. Elroz

Elroz I Feel Loved Staff Member

For this era i think gnoll and orc scalps (highpass) and goblin ears (highkeep) were good exp. I seem to remember saving them up to level alts in 2000-2001. I would guess almost 2% of a level from 20-30, and 4-5% from 15-20. I don't have any proof of it though, but those were my leveling path zones for each char I made until 2004 or so.

11. robregen

yeah Highpass has since been revamped so it was probably when those quest experience were somehow nerfed. Wish had caught those packets while AK was up.

12. sowislifesowislove

sowislifesowislove People Like Me

Hope the Katta shard drop wasn’t too gnarly. I was scrolling through cents on Magelo and saw drop rates from 10-50%. 50% captives were only a few mobs though so that was just like. Average looked around 10-15%

Yinn Yang likes this.
  13. robregen

it should be the same drop rate as seru.

14. Placer

Placer Well-Known Member

Pet hold would let the pet take any level of abuse and not attack under any circumstances. Otherwise, it is not really a hold now is it? It would be pet continue what you are doing. When a restaurant puts me on hold even after I have already started my order, I have to start all over again!

15. Mechaike

Mechaike Well-Known Member

Anyone else having occasional performance issues since the patch? One instance seems to have trouble zoning. And sometimes input lag. And just now, a CTD on zoning. Getting some error #0 when I attempt to log it back on.

16. Mechaike

Mechaike Well-Known Member

Looks like I can't edit my post- to other instances, my character is running in circles etc and can't be autofollowed reliably. Some kind of sync weirdness I guess.