Who were you on live?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dula Allazaward, Jul 9, 2019.

1. dbdbrooks

dbdbrooks New Member

Name: Ushamaya Unkempt
    Class: Druid
    Race: Wood Elf 65 ish?
    Server: The Tribunal
    Guild: Don't remember... But it was me and a bunch of Australians who played Starcraft together. Raptenye got me into it and later left for a bigger guild.

Name: Timbuktu
    Class: Bard
    Race: Vah Shir 70 ish?
    Server: The Tribunal
    Guild: Same.

I remember Dsade, Roxxs, Selby, Raptenye (Raptanis) who I swear created the Solomon's Keep iPhone game. I was not much of a raider. I just liked grouping and solo farming for tradeskills.

Ransom likes this.
  2. Torrinn

Torrinn Active Member

I had alt-itis on live. I could never stay with one character very long. I don't think I got any one character higher than mid-50's. I used up all the character slots on all the servers and I lost a lot of them when server merges started happening.

3. Yakie

Yakie New Member

Name: Yakiee Unforgivensun
    Class: Ranger
    Race: Wood Elf 6o
    Server: Tallon Zek
    Guild: Don't remember the name. I was a cross teamer.

Played from before Kunark to just a bit into Luclin.

4. sowislifesowislove

sowislifesowislove People Like Me

lol. This is where you peek your head out? Where yuh been bruh.

5. Nakunaru

Nakunaru People Like Me

A fellow dirty cross teamer!

6. Locnar

Locnar Member

I was Locnar troll SK of Innorruuk on Rallos Zek

and

Aeon Flux barbarian beastlord on Sullon Zek

and of course some alts.

OH, how can I forget:

And Jerumiah the Magician of Brell on EQmac

7. GenieHakeem

GenieHakeem New Member

Zoklok the froglok shaman.

I believe I was on the tribunal server. I don't recall the timeframe, I watched for years before I was able to play. I recall having my 1.0 and working on my 1.5.

8. Ugmar

Ugmar Member

At launch and in beta I played on a server I don't even remember. Most of my play experience was on a race wars server called Vallon Zek, from launch until around 2002.

Koshieron - DE Necro 60
    Andelia - High Elf Cleric 60
    Numlek - Troll SK 16 (de leveled twink killer)

Other characters were just side projects.

I was in Guardians and Iron Tower with Andelia. Koshieron spent time in a couple of different guilds but ended in Defiant after they became dirty cross teamers.

Raided most content up to Luclin expansion when real life started being far more demanding. PoP was largely untouched for me as gear disparity began to make it clear if I wasn't willing to poop in a sock that I needed to move on from VZ.

Fun fact: I have the beta install CD on my gaming wall along with a 24"*36" reprint of the original EQ map (the most useless and amazing MMO map ever) on a steel sheet.

9. GenieHakeem

GenieHakeem New Member

I want to see this print. You can't just leave it without at least one picture.

10. Wellmine

Wellmine Active Member

Name: Gilwean Bowman
    Class: Ranger
    Race: Wood Elf 65
    Server: E'ci
    Guild: Honor Knights then to Arete where I spent my time till I found Temeirty on AK as Wellmine.

11. Nakunaru

Nakunaru People Like Me

We must have crossed paths at some point. I was in Defiant during the whole debacle of moving to a 4-teaming guild, people upset, threatening to quit, all that fun drama.

12. Ugmar

Ugmar Member

Hilariously you and I threw down a couple of times. You and spiderraka were rangers that gave me trouble.

Rangers and enchanters tended to be the only classes I felt like I had difficulty with on the Necro.

Was only moderately active on kosh at that point. Since high end groups were a lot more fun as a skilled Cleric than as a Necro.

13. Ugmar

Ugmar Member

Here you go.

My nerd room has a couple of these from different games I hold near and dear. Plus all my nerdy board games.

Sadly lost my 400+ piece miniature collection in a car wreck where it caught on fire so

Attached Files:

Neealana likes this.
  14. Savok

Savok Active Member

Name: Savok
    Race: Wood Elf
    Class: Bard
    Server: Innoruuk
    Guilds: Iceni (while in the UK), Ashen Vendetta, Storm Spirits, Valorguard
    Played: Day 1 March 16, 1999 - March 16, 2012

I also helped run and moderate The Concerthall bard forums, as well as maintained a version of the Vert UI from 2002 through to around 2018 (even though I hadn't played for 6 years).

Last edited: Dec 22, 2019
    Mokli and Neealana like this.
  15. rainessa

rainessa People Like Me

Savok, I think I used your UI way back then.

16. eldrich-family

eldrich-family Member

Name: Loralaimosity
    Race : human
    Class : Monk
    Server : Xev
    Guilds : Strange Ways (founder, guild mistress)
    Played : late kunark -> GoD

also: Frynque (troll epic shaman able to bank in all starting cities, thurg and skyshrine), Shmerph (60 DE Ench)

17. Cadsuane

Cadsuane People Like Me

The name Ashen Vendetta rings a bell, just can't quite place it... Was it an asia-pac time zone raiding guild in the luclin era? Or I could be confusing it with something from WoW...
    Probably a fair number of guild names have been duplicated over the years

18. Savok

Savok Active Member

AV was a guild from classic through to when I stopped playing - last I know they are still going. There hey day was probably Velious - PoP.

19. Saskoris

Saskoris Active Member

Balanaf (Dwarven Cleric) on Innoruuk
    Saskoris (Iksar Necro) on AK
    I had a Dwarven Pally on EQOA Beta that was also Balanaf.
    Xayd (DE Cleric) on Saryrn

Last edited: Dec 31, 2019
  20. Saskoris

Saskoris Active Member

Cool, I was on Inny, too!
    I was in Clan Dragon Claw then Elder Tribunal with Myzt, Mastoj, and others. I remember Ashen Vendetta as one of the main top guilds. I remember Legion of Darkness, too.

My characters on Innoruuk were: Balanaf and Nebbast.

21. Esildor

Esildor Member

Missed you by probably 18 months or so in Triton, I played there as Serona from 2010-2012 (Underfoot-VoA) - good people!

Was Zendaria/Serona on Druzzil Ro/Xegony from 01-2010ish. Moved to Povar after that.

Esildor on Al'Kabor. Came there early 2012 and played through sunset.

Saw a few people mentioning AB - Minsc was a Druid named Arivelius on AB from probably 2000-2002ish. Then Valmo on Druzzil Ro/Xegony and eventually Povar.

lurari likes this.
  22. trevize

trevize New Member

Name: Trevize
    Class: Druid
    Server: Drinal
    Guild: Guild Leader of Cats in Hats <CiH>

Played for around 14 years. Left to play Eve Online. I am thinking of returning to EQ.

Neealana likes this.
  23. sowislifesowislove

sowislifesowislove People Like Me

Well you chose the right server for it. Come on in, the waters fiiiine.

24. solar

solar Administrator Staff Member

I remember you Bukaru. I rage quit over JBoots in Najena for a few months. I remember you were demonstrating illusions to me in felwithe and the guards killed you when it wore off. I was so afraid to die back then, didn't know what I was doing.

Test Server
    Solar - High Elf Cleric
    Solarx - Dark Elf Cleric of Primal Brood

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Dane likes this.
  25. Speedz

Speedz Administrator Staff Member

Name: Tpol/Stheno
    Class: Necro/Chanter
    Race: DEF/HEF
    Server: Xev - DRo
    Title: no one special

Guils: Forget guild name on Xev I started in, but finished in Pactus Aquilus. I got tired of the fight to get good raid targets with other guilds to have SOE make it all worthless by assembly lining new expansions. I quit before the guild got weak apparently. I logged on a couple years ago and the guild was a shadow of it's former glory :-( I think at their height they were #3 or 4 on the server. I forget, but their raid and guild management was second to none imo.

Time Played: Late Kunark till SoD or the one after.

Esildor likes this.
  26. Yinn Yang

Yinn Yang People Like Me

Name: Salta Montes (later changed to Seda Shadowfist, on Povar https://eq.magelo.com/profile/56823)
    Class: Monk
    Race: Human
    Server: Antonius Bayle > Povar
    Title: Member of Wind of Tranquility on AB (Euro-time), then Officer of The Lorekeepers on Povar when I returned to the USA
    Time Played: 2000 - 2008

Name: Yinn Yang
    Class: Monk
    Race: Human
    Server: Al Kabor
    Title: Member of Temerity
    Time Played: 2009-sunset

Even more backstory: Seems like a long journey... officially started almost exactly when Velious was released, on Lanys T'Vyl. I had bought my 13 year old son the game for his 14th birthday (on a good friend's recommendation) and he wanted me to make a character and try it out, bad idea. Before long, he kept calling me and asking me to log off of his account so he could play (his SK was named Laiden). I finally got my own account; made a human monk named Bailamos on Lanys T'Vyl and played for a few months until I learned I'd be moving to Spain. There was a new Euro server opening and they were offering free server moves from certain (over-crowded) servers onto certain (new or population-deficient) servers... Antonius Bayle was an option I had and I knew my raid time was going to correlate with Euro as soon as I moved, so I took the opportunity. I also convinced my sons to move their characters at that time. When I arrived in Spain I was off and running (as Salta Montes, names were also changed for free, by request) and in the most raid-based guild I could find (Wind of Tranquility). Two years later, I was moving back to the USA and there was another opportunity for a free server move. I seem to recall Morden Rasp was one I could move to, so I did that and very soon after, the big server merges happened... I ended up on Povar and in The Lorekeepers. We were pretty heavy into Citadel of Anguish raids at that time. All in all, I'd says Temple of Veeshan raids all the way through to those Anguish raids were my peak days, favorite memories of EQ. I still had the reflexes to be a great puller and co-raid leader in those times... I seem to have lost my edge, but that's ok too.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2020
    Neealana likes this.
  27. Esildor

Esildor Member

I’m like 75% sure I recognize the name Stheno.

I played with an Iksar warrior named Rorekil who was in Pactus - was fairly familiar with a lot of the guild.

Small world!

Speedz likes this.
  28. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

Started as Torrid (a wizard) on Solusek Ro at launch. Joined guild Phoenix, which was the guild that Wizards of the Coast employees started. Moved to Druzzil Ro after a year due to server overcrowding. Joined guild HOSS at the same time. Created a warrior named Torrin in late Kunark, and I ended up two boxing them everywhere. Warrior became my main. Around the time of GoD's launch, I had the highest AC of any warrior on any server and was an aggro machine with loads of combat effects and just about all the loot a warrior could want because we were alone in Time for over half a year. Guild was a top 10 guild for awhile and we won the Curt Schilling jersey contest in LDON. (remember that?) I look back at this time like Al Bundy does high school football.

29. Speedz

Speedz Administrator Staff Member

Small world indeed, Stheno was my 2nd toon when we were short on Chanters for Rathe. Otherwise I played necro, Tpol.
    My first raid as a probie I recovered the raid since I was the only necro who lived as everyone wiped (twice in same night even)

Esildor likes this.
  30. thucydides

thucydides I Feel Loved

Were / are you a wizards of the coast employee?