One of every class at 60?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ripwind, Dec 14, 2019.

1. Ripwind

Ripwind People Like Me

I'm sure I'm not the first, but thought it was a pretty fun achievement. Who else has done it? I can even actually play like 3-4 of them!

pivoo, Choir, Verdent and 3 others like this.
  2. Sketchy

Sketchy People Like Me

I am super impressed Syphie, this has been a goal for you for awhile. It's kinda cool. There are a few classes I have never really played, or leveled to 60. Necro, SK, Bard, Beastlord, Mage. Grats! What next though?

Ripwind likes this.
  3. thucydides

thucydides I Feel Loved

4. Ripwind

Ripwind People Like Me

I do have 8 epics (7.5 I guess, Ranger only has Swiftwind - WTB SEoC!) so that's not a bad idea. VT keys for 15 characters would be pretty terrible.

5. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

Thats what keeps the game fun. Having goals.

pivoo, Radda, Sketchy and 1 other person like this.
  6. tomgggg

tomgggg Member

I have a SEoC if you actually want to buy one.

7. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

I have all epics except beastlord.

I have 60s except for warrior, SK shaman, rogue, monk, ranger, beastlord.

Warrior & SK are 52 and not moving. Rogue, monk, shaman and ranger are ranging between 47-51. Beastlord is only 34 or so.

VT key done on everything but monk, shaman, ranger and beastlord.

VP key done on about 8-9 toons?

My issue is lack of patience for AAing. Most of my 60s have 30 or less AAs. I think Druid, Enchanter, Bard and Wizard are the only ones with more.

But with enough toons there are always things to do until PoP comes out!

Last edited: Dec 16, 2019
    pivoo and Ripwind like this.
  8. thucydides

thucydides I Feel Loved

Rank them all from best to worst! (Classes, that is)

9. Yarnee

Yarnee People Like Me

i have level 60 - clericx3, dru, sham, enc, wiz, mage, war, sk, monk, rogue, bard uhhh - i have a 50s necro, 50s paladin, 3x personal cothbots. most epics

11 VT keyed toons = clericx3, rogue, dru, mage, wiz, enc, shaman, sk, bard

Last edited: Dec 21, 2019
  10. thucydides

thucydides I Feel Loved

1 bard
    2 enchanter
    3 shadow knight
    4 cleric
    5 magician
    6 wizard
    7 necromancer
    8 shaman
    9 warrior
    10 ranger
    11 beastlord
    12 paladin
    13 druid
    14 rogue
    15 monk

here’s my hastily written and poorly thought out ranking. fite me.

11. Tuluvien

Tuluvien I Feel Loved

Ranger should be in number 1 of course, but the rest looks reasonable.

12. Faults

Faults I Feel Loved

1 bard - yes exactly

Radda likes this.
  13. Ripwind

Ripwind People Like Me

I'll bite! Not necessarily what I consider best, but what I consider fun to play.

1 bard
    2 beastlord
    3 rogue
    4 enchanter
    5 monk
    6 wizard
    7 magician
    8 necromancer
    9 warrior
    10 ranger
    11 shaman
    12 druid
    13 cleric
    14 shadow knight
    15 paladin

14. thucydides

thucydides I Feel Loved

I guess my ranking was more about what particular strategies or play styles does this class make possible that otherwise wouldn’t be

15. Ripwind

Ripwind People Like Me

You didn't tell me there were RULES!

16. thucydides

thucydides I Feel Loved

It’s winter break, you make your own rules

17. Tyrion

Tyrion Well-Known Member

Ench
    Bard
    Cleric
    Druid
    Necro
    Beast
    Mag
    Wiz
    Ranger
    SK
    Pal
    War
    Sham
    Rog
    Monk

medbonyx likes this.
  18. Dane

Dane People Like Me

Such disrespect for Shaman. They are crazy powerful. Shame the 3box limit relegates them to slow/buff bots on this server.

19. thucydides

thucydides I Feel Loved

I think it’s the pre-nerf status of enchanters that overshadows the shamans more than the box limit. I do really like trios built around shamans as solo machines that just need a dps boost, like fanglore’s shaman / wizard / rogue. Or I bet sham / enc / bard would rock pretty hard.
    my ranking prioritized pulling shenanigans and/or AEing. Shamans don’t really start to shine until the pull is in camp, though I suppose AE slow can make up for some deficiencies in the ability to grab singles. Also there’s that FD ring...

20. Dane

Dane People Like Me

Yes, enchanters are extremely powerful. Exponentially more so when you can box a Cleric and Tank/Bard. A shaman is a bit of the triumvirate wrapped into one. There are few classes in this game which solo better than a shaman. You can root rot 10 trash mobs at a time with essentially no down time or torpor tank down a slowed big hitter while dots and pet tick away at it.

Your list is completely appropriate for this server, but I think the list would look different if the solo game was of greater importance.

21. Sketchy

Sketchy People Like Me

Paladin at the bottom? It's a fun class, though as anything, it's what you make of it. I find tanking to be satisfying and if clearing trash mad busy. In PoP they become even more active.

Agree with Benzarden on the power of a well played shaman in solo situations, at least with anything that can be slowed. In terms of duo's for a Paladin, Shaman is also amazing. Again if you can slow, pally/shaman can whittle anything down given the time. I mean obviously not a blob 2 or something silly. It's why initially I went pally/shm, though it can be a slow leveling duo.

22. Ripwind

Ripwind People Like Me

23. Lusiphur

Lusiphur Member

I must be thick or something, I get bards are crazy powerful on raids etc but with a 3 box limit I just don't see a role for a bard in general play. Especially as previous advice was to just power level one with DS.
    I can see maybe in a charm group with dru/clr, enc but charming stresses me out. Surely, in a tank/healer/dps group then the dps is too low? Or do you just swarm with the bard and leave the other two parked? Enlighten me, please.

24. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

Bard was I think the 5th class I got to 60, after my first trio of DRU/CLR/ENC and a guild Wizard.

For raids I used to use the bard a bit more for kiting in VT but since the 30~ mob kite limit that role has sort of died off for us at least. Now a days I pull the bard out on raids for pulling in Seru and for being a Lcea or Resist bot when we are short bard mains.

In groups I’ve used bard in a few scenarios. DRU/ENC/BRD where the bard automezzes on the charmed pet. Recently I am getting most frequent use of a bard with my DRU/PAL/BRD trio. Specifically for Kunark and Velious dragon slaying where resist song is a must. I also tend to use the bard for Occlussion debuff, dispells, mana drains and mana Regen if the fight drags on.

However I think the list was more a combination of how fun a class is to play and how versatile the bard is rather than how well it fits into a trio. Bards are obviously very unique in that they have access to songs that do almost everything in the game and can cast them while moving so there are an unlimited number of ways to play the class. It’s true they aren’t extremely optimal in a regular dungeon crawl group at this point in EQ, and that the more players in a group the greater the value of the bard. You’ll find bards a lot more among people who play with a good friend frequently and have two sets of 3-boxes.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2019
  25. actualspaide

actualspaide People Like Me

Bard ds on unslowed mobs is nothing to scoff at either

26. Sketchy

Sketchy People Like Me

My mistake Syphie, I misread that. If you ever get the desire to play Sketchy and see what a geared Paladin is like you're more than welcome. I can see how after all that leveling, yup, your burnt. Now as Darchon mentioned, epics on all of them yet? Epics are cool, decent quests.

I can see why you would do DRU/PAL/BARD for the resists for some of those bigger targets, makes sense.

Ripwind likes this.
  27. Bragon

Bragon People Like Me

How can anyone rank warriors above sk in any list?

warriors should sit at the bottom with their lack of utility in general and their boring playstyle. Rogues keeping them company at the bottom, what a dull class (till you get true stealth then you get to see crazy things)

bard number 1 for sure and they are only going to get better. Rangers and enc up there for sure as well.

Tuluvien likes this.
  28. Mokli

Mokli I Feel Loved

I was going to like your post, but the Ranger ranking nullified that.

29. Bragon

Bragon People Like Me

Nah i'm all for a good ranger joke here and there (and by that i mean every day multiple times a day), but objectively they are so versatile it's not even funny. Track, snare, insta invis, sow, decent tanking (especially in POP with rune weapons and AAs), archery (altho broken as fuck here, but still it's there), decent nukes.

They are excellent pullers and offtanks in PoP.

Tuluvien likes this.
  30. Dane

Dane People Like Me

I agree with Bragon. In the group/trio game, Rangers are crazy versatile as more than capable pullers, adequate dps (despite the TAKP nerf), and quasi-capable tanks. The lists need to be defined further. Is it a ranking of what works best in a group/trio, solo, what is most OP in a raid, or which classes are just the most fun to play?

Tuluvien likes this.