Gearing Question - Enchanter main hand for casuals (ie not epic)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lusiphur, Oct 1, 2019.

1. Lusiphur

Lusiphur Member

Probably another dumb question from me however, I am not seeing a lot of viable upgrades from a Stein of Moggok that I can easily grab with a trio (using Zenam's Spreadsheet). Is that just a fact of life or am I missing something?
    Ofc in PoP I might be able to break Fear and Hate and get the pieces then but for now is there anything available? Idle question really as the chanter I have is still only 58 so no rush.

2. Aporia

Aporia Member

You could do the quest for a Rod of Insidious Glamour. It has no INT, but clicking the insta-click effect twice can be used to reset your global cooldown timer after casting a spell, which is useful for enchanters. Not useful enough to justify the ridiculous prices people charge in /baz for such an easily quested item, but useful enough!

3. sowislifesowislove

sowislifesowislove People Like Me

lol indeed. So ridiculous. But yea. This is a great pre epic item. Constantly monitor hate for people xpin there or farming epic items. They’d probably gladly have you on board if you just going for vampire essence. After that it’s al down hill.

4. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

Rod of Insidious Glamour is amazing for Enchanters but you can use it in your inventory and click it from there for global cooldown removal.

I suppose it would help to see your TAKP Magelo link to see what your stats are at. If you’re close to maxing INT, it’s possible a raw mana item in the primary slot is a better option. The Drusella wand with 60 mana for example?

Regarding Epic, I would say it’s definitely worth your time to get all the pieces you can get now. The PoHate piece can be trio’d You just have to pay a wizard to port you up there assuming there isn’t a wizard in your trio.

I did almost all of the Chanter epic in my 50s on this server with just a trio. The Plane of Fear and Chardok steps are the only ones that really require help.

For PoFear I know one guild is in the Cazic Thule rotation and kills CT every other reset. I believe some other guilds may kill CT on the other resets rarely? But point being they have to kill the Wraith every time they do CT and there’s only so many Chanter alts in every guild. I know we had several heads rot back when we were doing CT. Perhaps guilds doing him currently can speak to whether the Wraith Head rots lately?

For Chardok I’d suggest pairing up with a cleric or warrior doing royals for their epic(s) and you can handle them in a solid group if you are careful about pulling and positioning in there. If you’re very careful I think Prince is trioable but you’d need some luck on no charm breaks.

5. Ripwind

Ripwind People Like Me

I'm not sure why Jinx and I have ours so high. However, you'd be surprised to hear that I've sold a couple! The quest really hinges on getting the shadowed men item, which isn't as common as you'd think. I think when I quested my first it took me about 5-6 hours of clearing multiple shadowed men - awful RNG!

Someone had a pair of Drakkel Wolf Claws for sale recently. Those might be a decent upgrade for you, from the sound of it!

https://www.takproject.net/allaclone/item.php?id=8906

6. Lusiphur

Lusiphur Member

Here's the Magelo.

https://www.takproject.net/magelo/character.php?char=Tinky

Obviously epic would be ideal and I have done some work on it, the issue being I don't really want to trash my Chardok faction until I have a ring on my tank and cords on my shammy. I was just hoping there were alternatives that I was missing short of dying in Akheva Ruins a lot.

7. Aporia

Aporia Member

This thing's actually not bad either. https://www.takproject.net/allaclone/item.php?id=6434

Just run around the rock piles in The Grey while invis, eventually you'll pop Boulder. Can probably pull him to the Mons Letalis zone in to kill without too much trouble.

8. sowislifesowislove

I got one for yuh. Just hit me up here or in game.

9. Sketchy

Sketchy People Like Me

If your efficient in Chardok the faction hit is minimal. I believe Prince is only a couple of points. At least according to Allakhazam here. Which I believe is where we get a lot of our faction information from. Not quite all of it, but a lot of it, since live has exact #'s now for faction. Allaclone, which is our database doesn't show the #'s, but it will give accurate information for this specific server, you can find Prince here. Hopefully if I'm wrong about this someone will correct me. But yah, I understand in general that you wouldn't want to mess around in Chardok a bunch until you finish your quests, it's quite a grind in Droga. Best of luck with whatever way you go.

10. Walex

Walex I Feel Loved

+1 for Rod of Insidious Glamour.

Also, as others have said, a very large portion of the enchanter epic is solo/trioable. Get as much done as you can and i'll get the poFear piece for you.

11. Morbo

Morbo Well-Known Member

Don't scare yourself away from the epic. As far as epics go it's really easy and iirc doesn't rely on low % drops or long camps. The click will be valuable for the life if the server. I say do the epic.

12. Tuluvien

Tuluvien I Feel Loved

Morbo says "do the epic"

13. sowislifesowislove

Vampire essence....terrible.

showstring likes this.
  14. Tyrion

Tyrion Well-Known Member

It can be but hate is decent coin so worth spending time camping it anyway.

15. Lusiphur

Lusiphur Member

Seriously, thank you guys for all the help here. Very much appreciated.
    Working on getting the stumpy to 60 while hoping for a Golem Jawbone to drop (does a shattered golem even spawn (!), have seen 6+ of all the other named). Then I shall dig in for the epic.
    Tips on breaking into Hate? I have only really pulled the post-revamp version (so many years ago), I would hate to pay for a port up and then have to beg for help with a CR within 10 minutes. I am famous for at least one wipe within an hour of setting up in a new zone. This would be with a SK (some NToV gear), Cler (crap gear) and ench combo.

16. Faults

Faults I Feel Loved

Port up evac kill the 2 clerics at organ hall and its practically broken in.