7-10-2019

Discussion in 'Changelog' started by robregen, Jul 10, 2019.

1. robregen

robregen Administrator Staff Member

Code:
    Haynar

* Added additional checks to help prevent groups and raids from being bugged. Sometimes when someone gets disconnected zoning, they will skip the linkdead cycle. And the server allows them to login right away. In these cases, they will go back in the raid/group without bugging out better.
    * Made some changes for zoning, to try and help with the super long zone times.
    * Reduced some of the max packet sending rates to the client, to help prevent routers from disconnecting on massive packet situations like when doing AOE.
    * Identical bard songs from two bards, with different instrument modifiers should land better.
    * Started work on pre-calculation of some spell properties which are checked often in code, to reduce cpu in the busy spell casting code.
    * Fixed a spell logging message that was missing a parameter.
    Robregen
    * Tinkering is no longer restricted to gnome. Only gnome can raise skills with Tinkering.

2. Kuron

Kuron People Like Me

And a stealth change: adding blue diamond recipes.... right? :D

sowislifesowislove likes this.
  3. Walex

Walex I Feel Loved

Omg. Didn't even know this was being worked on. Thanks Haynar!

gardnerjens likes this.
  4. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

See if it helps you. I have varied it over the years.

5. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

Just had two clients crash zoning from my home PC, this never happened before.
    Three boxing:

Char1: Rimidal, crashed zoning into The Grey, other two chars fine
    Char2: Borat, zoned into Ssra fine
    Char3: Swag, crashed zoning into Ssra

attached is dbg.txt file
    http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=20140445386959898644

6. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

7. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

Heh, I logged Rimidal in about 1.5 hours later after this, and was still in group with Swag

8. Slayzz

Slayzz People Like Me

Ya it’s weird it’s not like a normal LD where you can’t log back in right away. Now you can immediately log back in the second you DC and when you do you’ll still be in the same group etc

9. srubin

srubin Member

Also crashed zoning into the gray. Could log back in immediately and remained in group!

10. Dane

Dane People Like Me

Experiencing this as well.

11. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

Patch notes already said disconnecting zoning will put you back in group. Rather than bugging group.

The new issue is people getting disconnected zoning more.

12. Mokli

Mokli I Feel Loved

Thank you for that feature btw Haynar. It is pretty much what they did on live a while ago to try to deal with broken groups from LD's. I always liked it.

13. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

Hopefully patch fixes going LD zoning thats going on. I have tried many times to fix bugging groups/raids. Then i gave up on that rare case, trying to remove them. Since i found a way to repeat it. What other way to prevent bugging? Well. Put them back in the group/raid. And it worked.

Still needs some tweaks. But way better now.

14. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

Already excited about 72+ man PoTime raids, thanks Haynar

15. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

PoTime kicked the 73rd player to zone in even when it was a static zone. 72 will be the maximum in that zone and you will like it!

Quirk likes this.
  16. sowislifesowislove

sowislifesowislove People Like Me

Was stuck in a bugged group for 10 minutes tonight. Tried to religiously several times, no luck. Couldn’t join group for port or my raid. Was really annoying. I think zoning then disbanding fixed it but while in same zone bugged I couldn’t do anything to get out of group.

17. sowislifesowislove

sowislifesowislove People Like Me

18. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

Still having troubles with this. Unable to overwrite same songs with different instrument mods, even in cases where I try to over-write it with a higher instrument mod, and even when second bard has Jamfest and first bard doesn't.
    problematic songs:
    http://lucy.alkabor.com/spell_1758.html - Selo`s Assonant Strane
    http://lucy.alkabor.com/spell_1764.html - Denon`s Bereavement

Also, getting a lot of "did not take hold" messages when I try to use http://lucy.alkabor.com/spell_2609.html - Chorus of Replenishment, it seems to be trying to hit mobs or something? even when I'm the only person nearby I get "did not take hold" message (sometimes multiples), assuming it's from the nearby mobs, or maybe invisible traps or something....

19. Cadsuane

Cadsuane People Like Me

Chorus is giving that message from hitting pets,I believe.

20. Faults

Faults I Feel Loved

It give sthat message from hitting mobs too

21. Walex

Walex I Feel Loved