Show off your event winnings here!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Foxboxx, Dec 28, 2018.

1. Foxboxx

Foxboxx People Like Me

Come, brag about your luck to the world! Show us who the halflings truly favor.

2. Wellmine

Wellmine Active Member

I got spirit of the eagle buff!

3. Sketchy

Sketchy People Like Me

Already won two DE masks! One weird trick to make halflings love you!

4. Pithy

Pithy I Feel Loved

Buffey hit me with Visions of Grandeur. I got a bead necklace from the dorf emissary.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2018
  5. thucydides

thucydides I Feel Loved

I got a drogmor!

[​IMG]

Mokli and Lenas like this.
  6. Linkamus

Linkamus People Like Me

[​IMG]

Foxhorde and Ripwind like this.
  7. Dane

Dane People Like Me

And a paladin epic 2.0, apparently. You did much better than Slouch’s bead necklace.

8. Sketchy

Sketchy People Like Me

Though I hear the beads are handy for Mardi Gras, so maybe not. Eqemu main server Thucy?

9. Foxboxx

Foxboxx People Like Me

Has anyone acquired a Guise yet? Any confirmation that it's still a possible reward? All pots, pelts and jewelry for me so far. I'm enjoying having reasons to go about looking for nameds I haven't camped in ages, but starting to become uncertain if anything interesting is on the table =P.

10. Bum

Bum I Feel Loved

Guises are only given to enchanters and bards.

ask @actualspaide

11. Nakunaru

Nakunaru People Like Me

After about 40+ turn-ins the best I have seen are a couple instant gate pots, a bunch of HP rings, HP/Mana necks, and 1 rubicite cloak. And then I have enough pelts in my bank to warm the homeless Norrathians for the next few winters. I think I am throwing in the towel on this one.

12. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

Pretty sure there are no more good rewards available for this event. At best you can get potions or rubicite. Looks like no more guise, aon, fungi and the like.
    It's a shame.

IMO better way would have been to just change the weapons each year, include new zones and the like. That way you can't pre-farm it for the year prior, and keep the rewards interesting enough to make people do the quest.

But I'm not sure what the intention of the devs is on these quests. If they prefer them to be ignored going forward then it's working out well.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2018
    Sketchy and Cadsuane like this.
  13. Faults

Faults I Feel Loved

Word is guise is still in- droppables out.

14. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

If guise is still in, I take back what I said.

any chance we could please get official confirmation? @robregen

15. Tryfan

Tryfan People Like Me

He is the one that said it in alliance tonight.

I don't really get it though. If you wanna be a dark elf you shoulda been born that way!

Bum likes this.
  16. Faults

Faults I Feel Loved

The word was from @robregen in alliance. Of course once testing resumes there's always a method to achieving some murky reward that way.

17. thucydides

thucydides I Feel Loved

That was actually part of an honorary doctorate in paladinology from hardbard university, awarded for distinction in the field of dying while "tanking".

Sketchy likes this.
  18. Foxboxx

Foxboxx People Like Me

Yarr, Rubicite bp, boots, and a few instant gate pots thus far. Guise still elusive!

19. Foxboxx

Foxboxx People Like Me

Well, I can say with pretty high certainty that Rubicite bp is far less rare than guise. I think I am close to 100 turn ins and have 2 Rubicite bps and 0 Tinkerer bags, and Asuka has done over 100 and has 3. Still haven't heard of anyone getting a guise, though. Not really noticing much difference between A and B tokens, and haven't been able to get a C. Camped Fleshripper for a few hours, but ended up with only a B.

This has been a very...difficult trinket to acquire =P. It is definitely on the table? I feel like we would've seen at least someone receive it by now.

20. thucydides

thucydides I Feel Loved

if it was easy to get, would it still be worth getting?

21. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

there is no difference between tokens A, B, C, the simply exist to bypass issues with receiving multiple identical items on cursor, back in the simpler times when weapons yielded more than one token...

22. robregen

robregen Administrator Staff Member

this was changed last year so there are differences. Probably why the guises are so elusive.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2019
    Quirk likes this.
  23. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

1% chance to get Token C from a weapon, and guise is 1% chance to get from Token C
    come at me adventurers

what if you donate to TAKP, can you get a 10,000% boost to your chances? might see one guise acquired then

24. Foxboxx

Foxboxx People Like Me

Good to hear there's a difference. I have turned in probably maybe over 50 B tokens so far with no such luck. I haven't found a C token yet sadly. I am hoping for great things from that C token when I do find it =P.

25. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

Good luck on your Flawless Rockhopper Hide goals for 2019

26. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

I wanted a donation drive for maybe new hardware. For each $100 raised. Increase guise chance 0.1%.

But seemed cheesy.

27. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

So each guise basically costs $100k. How many guises do we need to buy to afford one developer to work on PoP?

Bum, Ripwind and Dane like this.
  28. Mokli

Mokli I Feel Loved

I've mentioned in the past you guys should create amazon wish lists.

29. Cadsuane

Cadsuane People Like Me

If we need upgrades, lets just get it posted and funded. The current donation indicator says:
    $890 Raised so far
    $20 Our Goal
    4450%

30. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

Not currently needed. We have enough to replace a few HDs if we had to. The $20/mo is enough to cover our yearly costs, like dropbox accounts for backups, and forum software.