Luclin 3-Box Challenge

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Slayzz, Oct 8, 2018.

1. Slayzz

Slayzz People Like Me

I wish I could have produced an awesome list but I just don’t know the content well enough. So hoping to use this more as a forum to spark ideas and conversation. Loved the 3 box challenge in Velious and attempted a lot of them.

Any ideas for mobs to add into a luclin version of the same concept?? Just an idea!!

2. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

How about challenges that don't allow uses of charmed pets?

pharmakos likes this.
  3. Faults

Faults I Feel Loved

Just means plate tank challenge.

lurari likes this.
  4. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

"vex thal geared chars" challenge! woo such fun

charm pets allow non-BiS geared people to participate, fyi

5. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

How much plat have you farmed challenge?

showstring and Slayzz like this.
  6. thucydides

thucydides I Feel Loved

There are lots of ways for a mob to be challenging. Damage output is certainly one that rewards either tank gear or luck in charm duration. Others might be at the end of an arduous dungeon crawl, or difficult to split from guards, or they do a really nasty AE.

7. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

I’ve done Valdanov with Druid, Wizard, Wizard. Praetorian Myral and Insignia dropper with Druid, Enchanter, Cleric. Solo AEs in Seru (Shard mobs up on the ramparts) and Fungus Grove (shrooms/humanoids) with Bard, Enchanter, Wizard. All Shard camps, all Emp Key camps with some combination of above.

I think Va’Dyn and Servitor of Luclin are doable with 3 they would just be stupidly long fights even with charmed pets. Rhag 1 is probably also doable with a very specific trio, probably Enchanter/Enchanter/Cleric. Some of the Praesertum I could see a trio knocking out as well with Mage/Enchanter/Cleric.

But there isn’t a huge amount of high-end group content in Luclin, and a few of the lower end raid content targets (Burrower, Praesertum, Rhag1) are Locked by rotations and most guilds won’t let someone 3-man it by themself.

But some older stuff is probably more doable now. Zlandicar, Vaniki, Kunark Dragons including Trakanon, ST named Golems, HoT break, PoSky islands, etc.

Pithy and Slayzz like this.
  8. Lenas

Lenas I Feel Loved

Didn't Pithy already break HoT in era?

9. Walex

Walex I Feel Loved

I did HoT break in-era. Trakanon would be fun, though

10. Pithy

Pithy I Feel Loved

Yeah, I think a lot of the stretch trios in Luclin will be Velious or earlier content. Trak should be doable by a VT-geared trio, for example. Statue should be boxable, but would probably require camping a shaman in and out for slows. Possibly a flurry drake? And if a flurry is doable, then some of NToV should be too: Feshlak, Mire, maybe Koi? Gozz and Telk were probably trio-able in Velious (but no one cared enough to try). They should definitely be doable with moon AAs and VT gear.

Possibly Dain? Dracoliche is also conceivable. Doze is trio-able in PoP for sure; he might be within Luclin reach. The non-DT Fear golem, definitely. Lots of stuff could be fun to try.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2018
    Slayzz likes this.
  11. Saenayil

Saenayil People Like Me

I feel like Rhag1 would be easy with War/Clr/Clr or War/Brd/Clr

12. Morbo

Morbo Well-Known Member

Evolved Burrower perhaps? I've only seen it on 2 servers but they use a live-like database so I think that fight may be a lot different there than it may be here (is essentially a straight melee on the others).
    Noble Djarn?
    Wuoshi?
    Zlandicar?

13. Lenas

Lenas I Feel Loved

Zland and Wuoshi should both be pretty easy

14. Bragon

Bragon People Like Me

zland rampages and is pretty hard to slow. He hits like a wuss but will make it significantly harder than it should.

15. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

I think for a lot of these kills you will need a Cleric with FT15, SCM3, MC3 and a VT/Velious geared plate tank. It will be awhile before someone has both of those.

Even though you can keep up HPs with constant CHs, the Cleric mana I think will be the biggest test. A Velious Cleric with only a handful of FT versus a max FT Cleric with SCM3 is a huge difference.

16. Bum

Bum I Feel Loved

I boxed noble djorn during classic with level 50 toons.

And due to my badassness the terms #ravenwinged and #darchoned were created

Oiwon likes this.
  17. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

this is a 3-box challenge topic though, not a 12-box of hired texan farmers

Lenas and Slayzz like this.
  18. Faults

Faults I Feel Loved

Didn't some guy cheese fear golems with mage pets already? If not using the same theory I sometimes do with yael - you can run a monk to just eat chain dts while a pet beats golem down. I'd wager irak atil could annihilate the golem in 2-3 dts

Looking at monk // cleri (or necro for a pet + rez) // enc (if i ran nec in spot 2 this would be epic mage)

19. Tuluvien

Tuluvien I Feel Loved

I feel like a Ranger would be waaay better at eating the DTs

Morbo likes this.
  20. gardnerjens

gardnerjens People Like Me

You can bind I fear , corpse 7 epic mages

21. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

Epic click being 20 seconds sort of kills that strategy.

Terror I have no doubt is easily doable though.

22. Faults

Faults I Feel Loved

Works on yael - monk only has to be alive for like 2 seconds. And @Tuluvien monk works best for the naked triple attack/flying kick.

Tuluvien likes this.
  23. Bum

Bum I Feel Loved

I think it was austerity who did golems with like.... 15 mages or sonething

Oiwon likes this.
  24. Oiwon

Oiwon People Like Me

Lies

25. thucydides

thucydides I Feel Loved

Starvald demelain, video set to the music of Robyn, which is how I first heard her music

Oiwon likes this.
  26. Oiwon

Oiwon People Like Me

Robyn is amazing

27. Bum

Bum I Feel Loved

that's right- SD

28. gardnerjens

gardnerjens People Like Me

/Kiss. I miss SD

Oiwon likes this.