Mac OS Mojave

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Tudo Bem, Sep 28, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Tudo Bem

Tudo Bem Member

Has anyone tried using this OS with TAKP? Is all working ok? I was going to upgrade but don't have my backups in the same city, so want to make sure it runs well before I flip the switch. Thanks in advance.

Tudo

2. Lenas

Lenas I Feel Loved

I'll update tonight and see. Won't be able to report until after 7pm pst.

3. Quirk

Quirk Well-Known Member

Works great. Edit: Works great for me. 2014 13” base model MBP.

4. Lenas

Lenas I Feel Loved

@Tudo Bem Updated to Mojave and ran the game with no immediately obvious issues to report.

5. Lenas

Lenas I Feel Loved

Note: I did have to run through TotalSpaces 2 setup again including the security disable / install / re-enable thing. Didn't notice it wasn't running properly until I tried to box today.

6. Ravenwing

Ravenwing I Feel Loved

Did re-enabling security allow TotalSpaces to continue to work? The installation instructions say it won't with Mojave.

7. Lenas

Lenas I Feel Loved

It worked back when I did it, haven't had any issues since then.

Ravenwing likes this.
  8. Ravenwing

Ravenwing I Feel Loved

Thanks! I'll give it a try.

9. Quirk

Quirk Well-Known Member

What’s the advantage of total spaces? Right now I just use macOS default spaces feature, with switching spaces bound to some buttons on my mouse. It’s fast.

10. Ravenwing

Ravenwing I Feel Loved

Faster transitions - giving up half a second every time you swap screens is a problem for boxing - and more flexibility with key bindings.

11. Lenas

Lenas I Feel Loved

Yeah, it's the instant swap that does it. You used to be able to disable it on the OS level but that doesn't work anymore. It also allows you to make a grid of spaces if you're into that. Infinite scroll, etc.

Last edited: May 13, 2019
  12. Quirk

Quirk Well-Known Member

Got it. I wonder how many deaths that has caused me over the years.

When raiding it’s probably not too big of a deal since I’m not running a healer. I think I’ve actually worked the brief transition into my spell recast timing, kicks, etc. I don’t even notice a delay.

13. Slayzz

Slayzz People Like Me

Ya the only thing I notice sometimes in the standard spaces transition is that I’ll switch from my warrior to chanter on say a charm break and hit my “5” hotkey for my chanter in anticipation as it’s still switching trying to fire off a stun and it will instead trigger my warriors “5” hotkey which is AE taunt. Or any other similar scenario.

The lag in switching screens isnt so bad imo that it will cause deaths per say, but it definitely makes it slightly less efficient. Though I’ve gotten used to it and now wait the half second delay before hitting a hotkey to make sure the screen has fully switched.

Half a second at times can mean life and death with a dual wielding rev too hah. So gotta be on your A game :)

14. Slayzz

Slayzz People Like Me

Let me know if it works Raven. Might try it out here as well if it does

15. Ravenwing

Ravenwing I Feel Loved

No dice! TotalSpaces wouldn't run with security enabled.

Slayzz likes this.
  16. Torrinn

Torrinn Active Member

I need to get a newer Mac Pro. I can't be bothered to jump through the hoops required to do an unofficial install of Mojave on my 2008 Mac Pro so I'll be stuck on El Capitan until that happens. :(

What really sucks is my 2010 Core 2 Duo Macbook is running High Sierra without using tricks to install it. Apple sucks when they determine which machines should receive upgrades and which ones shouldn't. Only a mild graphics card upgrade would be required to meet all the specs for High Sierra. The dual-quad core Xeons certainly have enough computing power to run it. :mad:

The last of the original cheese grater Mac Pro's (the 2012's) are falling into my budget now and they run Mojave with a Metal capable video card installed (I already have a PC version of R9 380X that I can use) so maybe I'll have one of those soon. :p

Last edited: Oct 27, 2019
  17. Ikeren

Ikeren New Member

Hmm sounds like you guys need PC's

18. Sketchy

Sketchy People Like Me

Looks like you all need a PC!

19. Torrinn

Torrinn Active Member

Why?

I have a SuperMicro server with 6 Opterons I could use, but the Mac Pro works fine for what I use it for right now.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2019