Why allow multi-boxing?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DuluTAKP, Jan 8, 2018.

1. Bum

Bum I Feel Loved

Dalaya is misspelled, correct spelling is Winter's Roar. I played on WR

2. Liegezen

Liegezen People Like Me

Noble Dojorn with the blades up as a trio is a noteworthy trophy right? Do I win anything?

snorks likes this.
  3. Bum

Bum I Feel Loved

I did him with 3

In classic

4. Liegezen

Liegezen People Like Me

when you gonna trio overking/queen?

5. actualspaide

actualspaide People Like Me

This thread is turning into a my three box is bigger than your three box thread

6. Liegezen

Liegezen People Like Me

Right, back on topic. Boxing is just as bad as RMT!

snorks likes this.
  7. Bum

Bum I Feel Loved

Because if I did them then ravenwing would get jelly and cry to GMs to #ravenwing it

8. robregen

robregen Administrator Staff Member

BANNED ALL BOXERS!

snorks, Linkamus, Liegezen and 3 others like this.
  9. Bum

Bum I Feel Loved

10. Manstache

Manstache Active Member

who dis?

11. Amirite

Amirite Well-Known Member

i would like to be able to 4 box!, get that added snare/slower or extra dps added in would make me soooo happy!

lurari likes this.
  12. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

I recommend against it. There are going to be more checks. And bans will be ugly. And you 4th a shared account, you will be real unpopular. The ban will apply to all accounts tied to that forum login.

snorks likes this.
  13. snorks

snorks Well-Known Member

Devs:
    The poopulation is small enough for yall to sit down for one week of no dev work and only spying on exactly who it is that >3-boxes. I will lobby the rest of the server to respect and accept this deviance from Luclin for one week. Just sit down, study who are the human scum who cannot behave like adults and within the rules. If you need help I'm a great judge of character.

**** you torven I am good at 2-boxing when I'm paying attention and care but if you want to make a bloopers and funny video to lure in new players just videotape me 3-boxing, I'll allow it.

Judge my mood from this post without any smileys, gl @ hf.

EDIT: Curse word changed to asterisks

Last edited: Jan 11, 2018
    lurari likes this.
  14. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

I'm guessing if you want to get people banned on purpose, you can simply log into one of their accounts while they're 3 boxing. Everyone gets banned. #winning

safe to assume pretty much all account sharing will shortly cease since accidentally logging into a friend's account at the wrong time now means game over for everyone

Kagatob, lurari and snorks like this.
  15. gardnerjens

gardnerjens People Like Me

I don't think this was anything but a request... Europe and ausie players have a hard time playing at certain hours, lowering the boxing count. Would make this server a pure us time server.. I would even go so far and say up the boxing limit

Anta, lurari and showstring like this.
  16. snorks

snorks Well-Known Member

Yeah that was my fear too but then I realized the devs are quite cool and humane and human. Except Haynar of course, he's leaning more towards Cylon.

17. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

By your command.

Elrontaur likes this.
  18. Bum

Bum I Feel Loved

19. Kaeril

Kaeril Member

Hey there,

I feel sorry for this thread showing up. It was me who suggested this server to OP. He appeared on the unofficial Pantheon Discord channel, seemingly having not played EQ in a long time, and he hesitated between P99, Agnarr and TAKP. I suggested that he tried TAKP, and we agreed to try and play together when I would get back from work to home.

By the time I was ready to play, he had given up, because of the 1st person view and boxing. I never thought this would bring up a rant topic right here, and I feel somewhat responsible of this. Sorry about that.

All I can say is that OP posting probably wasn't intended as a troll, just a blunt opinion from someone who wasn't fit for this server. Like some of you said earlier, there are people who think they want a classic EQ experience, but aren't really ready for all of what this means in the end. Thus they try your old client and have a hard time with it. You're probably used to these kind of comments, "omg I can't mouse scroll", "why can't I do XYZ feature from Titanium it's so annoying", and so on.

And then you have people like me beating the odds, having never played EQ before TAKP, 20 hours in and still kicking. I'll never box, mostly because I wouldn't even know how to do, and I've come to terms with the fact that it'll probably take me a few years to get anywhere meaningful in this game. I don't care about other people boxing or not, as long as I can find nice people to play with. So far, it's the case. The welcome I got in my first moments with TAKP was incredibly warm and great. I'll admit I was worried at first about the low pop numbers, and I've been proven wrong. Coming from other MMOs that don't value social interactions as much (not even sure they still care at all these days), I can't say how this was a game changer to me.

I'll take the opportunity to say a huge thank you to the devs out there. Accuracy is what brought me here instead of any other option available. Community is what made me stay. I thought that I knew what "old EQ experience" means just from having read a lot about it. Experiencing it by myself is an entirely different thing, and I would miss it if you and this server didn't exist. Words cannot express how much grateful I am. Also, I'll add that you don't have to, and should not, try to cater every newcomer from every opinion one might express in an hour of play. You have a vision, a direction for this server, and a community that follows it. You would have more to lose than to gain by letting yourself stray away from it.

Cheers :)

20. snorks

snorks Well-Known Member

Not to worry, Kaeril.

I give a personal, mental nod of approval to anyone coming here and ranting and complaining about not being able to scroll out. There is a reason every single mmorpg in this genre has had it since. It is a brilliant piece of user interface experience. Same with tab targeting. To newcomers it can seem weird and unfair why a project like this opts to not include those features and I will grant those people that they are right. I don't like it myself either, but I truly respect the developers' choice in this and thus never bring it up. The pros of TAKP far, far outweigh the cons.

Newcomers who turn around in the door have nothing to lose and so they tend to write these posts.

Welcome very much to the community!

Kaeril likes this.
  21. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

Its a very solid community.

Some if the devs (me) can seem like they are an ass from time to time.

But overall, server is solid, community is friendly. Client is more old school. It has a different feel for sure.

The lack of features of the client are one of biggest contributors to the population. But it also keeps out some of the people who demand a trophy for every kill, and want their plat handed over on a silver platter.

Welcome.

H

Kaeril, Elrontaur, Linkamus and 2 others like this.
  22. tomgggg

tomgggg Member

Don't worry Kaeril, sometimes these forums sit quiet for a week. Getting a nice four page ranting post is like a late Christmas gift.

Videri-Tala and Linkamus like this.
  23. Tudo Bem

Tudo Bem Member

Can we rename the server to AKkurate or AKkuracy? Sounds catchy to me!

24. Amirite

Amirite Well-Known Member

was only my suggestive opinion! i wouldn't even know how to get around the ip limit

lurari likes this.
  25. Fadetree

Fadetree People Like Me

The thing about the scroll is that it ISN'T just a convenience. It's a game changing ability. But we think of it as a convenience so when we can't do it, it's jarring. Only later do you figure out what a game changer it was. I wonder if it was left out on purpose in the earlier clients...the original client probably not, but later when it got modernized a bit they could have added it. It's so obvious I think maybe they resisted it on purpose but who knows.

26. Bum

Bum I Feel Loved

My original iMac's puck mouse had no wheel/ball.

Also, apple mouse didn't have scroll wheel until 2005

27. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

The client we use is from 2002. How many games you remember from 2002 that used scroll wheel to zoom out to 3rd person?

28. Faults

Faults I Feel Loved

Just DAOC. Another reason it was magical.

29. Zygote404

Zygote404 Active Member

I didnt really notice the scroll thing much. Not sure why people like it that much or understand how its really that useful. Tab targetting I do miss but no big deal.

actualspaide likes this.
  30. shortok

shortok People Like Me

It's fun.