Aura of Battle stack?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Intentional, Nov 6, 2017.

1. Intentional

Intentional Member

If you have multiple items with worn Aura of Battle effect - does the +2hp regen/tick effect from each stack?

For example:
    Vindi BP + Belt of Great Turtle + Spirit Wracked cord = +6hp/tick? (stacks)
    ...or +2hp/tick? (doesn't stack)

2. Liegezen

Liegezen People Like Me

Worn effects will stack 5-6 times I believe? I honestly can't remember exactly but i'm sure someone will pop in who does.

Short answer tho. Yes worn AoB items stack up to a certain amt. The AoB clickie from CT shoulders stacks with that, but doesn't stack with like Avatar.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2017
  3. Ravenwing

Ravenwing I Feel Loved

Yes, worn regen and worn ATK should both stack up to their respective caps. You can have a total of 250 worn atk (good luck with that in Velious!) and 30 worn regen at level 60 (+1 worn regen for every level after that, so 35 worn regen at 65).

4. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

You can stack infinite AoBs.

But ATK, Regen and FT cap.

FT caps at 15
    Regen caps at 35
    ATK caps at 250

In era the maximum worn ATK you can get is...

40 ATK - Rogue or Ranger Epic
    10 ATK - Dozekar Mask
    10 ATK - Spirit Wracked Cord
    10 ATK - Dain Belt

70 worn ATK. You need to wait until Luclin for all the Vengeance items offering worn ATK.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2017
  5. Pithy

Pithy I Feel Loved

The 100 ATK from the avatar proc on a primal weapon also counts toward the worn attack cap. Primal will eventually go obsolete as toons approach the cap, but probably not until PoP.

6. Ransom

Ransom Well-Known Member

I think for tanks, the Fearsome Shield with the Aura of Battle clicky also counts as worn atk correct?

7. Pithy

Pithy I Feel Loved

The only buff that should count toward the worn attack cap, as far as I know, is avatar procced from a primal weapon. All the other attack buffs - AoB clicky from CT shoulders/shield, ranger buffs, nec/SK taps, bard songs, player-cast avatar, savagery, etc. - should count as spell ATK (no cap), not worn ATK (250 cap).

8. Faults

Faults I Feel Loved

Yea proc'd avatar is a special case as casted avatar does not have the same rule.

9. gardnerjens

gardnerjens People Like Me

I did a test on Dev, putting only atk worn items on.. It got way beyond 250, but let's just keep it this way :)

10. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

You got your worn atk above 250 on dev? The cap is working for me

11. gardnerjens

gardnerjens People Like Me

Yes, let me try it again maybe it's because of unique worn effects.. But let me try again

12. Lenas

Lenas I Feel Loved

Different classes have atk multipliers which make your visual attack seem higher than your worn value. Rangers for example show 1.3x or 1.5x don't recall. Max attack for a 65 ranger with capped stats should be 1621 or so. Not sure what the cap falls at with level 60 and AA's.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2017
  13. lurari

lurari People Like Me

Yup.

Just like AC, each item's ATK goes through an EQMath(tm) calculation before giving you a nice, neat displayed number.

I never investigated whether rangers benefitted more from worn ATK than other classes or whether it be accuracy or purely displayed shenanigans. Does anyone know?

14. Tuluvien

Tuluvien I Feel Loved

I believe that rangers were among the top tier for multiplier, and that yeah, 250 worn atk would display as more on a ranger than on another class with lower multiplier. I believe that it was 1.3, and so 250 atk cap would express for a ranger as 325. I believe other hybrids may have had 1.3 but I'm not sure.

Edit: A vengence 1 item would raise me 13, I recall.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2017
  15. Lenas

Lenas I Feel Loved

Pretty sure we have the same multiplier as rogues. We also get an innate attack boost which might be Ranger only? for every level over 55. As far as I know, ATK has nothing to do with accuracy but raises your average damage per hit (ATK vs mob AC) when you land.

16. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

Oh, are you looking at the inventory stats sheet and not #showstats? Yeah, atk gets multiplied before players see it in-game. Rangers get an additive bonus, not a multiplier.

If #showstats doesn't match the in-game sheet, that's when a fix is in order.

17. lurari

lurari People Like Me

I believe the general displayed ATK has several class tiers - I too recall rangers got the most displayed ATK from a +50 ATK item. If you search the old AllaKabor database and sort by ATK (http://www.allakabor.com/smf/index....imit=100&filterorder1=Attack&charlevel=All&p=) you see rangers at the top with 1620. Next you see monks and beastlords at 1566.

Your general (displayed) "Attack" stat absolutely includes accuracy, the same way that the general (displayed) "AC" stat includes evasion.

The same way that raising your defense skill increases your evasion, while also increases your mitigation (via increasing your softcap); raising your weapon skill (e.g., 1hb) increases your accuracy (ever notice how an under-levelled skill in a weapon type leads to many extra misses:).

+ATK gear almost certainly increases your ATK-vs-AC DI roll when you hit an enemy. I don't know if it increases accuracy as well. I also don't know if rangers' boost to ATK was meaningful in any way, or like pieces of the obscure AC calculation, was simply for show and has 0 impact.

18. Lenas

Lenas I Feel Loved

Does it? Absolutely?

Paging Torven

19. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

Melee is a solved issue on the emus now. We have absolutely precise algorithms for virtually all of it, much of which were taken directly from the client.

Ranger atk bonus has a very minor wrinkle in that I didn't have the rounding right so it was off by 1 at times, but otherwise it's accurate. The bonus they get was taken from a decompile:

Code:
    [ Only registered users can see the bbcode. Click Here To Register... ]
    Yes the ATK and AC character sheet values are both two values rolled into one: to-hit and offense/atk for ATK, and avoidance and mitigation for AC. There is a quirk where the accuracy stat is not included into the ATK number, but the to-hit from skills is. This is all covered in my eqemulator.org thread.

Tesadar likes this.
  20. Lenas

Lenas I Feel Loved

I stand corrected.

Thanks for the archery hate fix!

21. Bum

Bum I Feel Loved

All that said...

Won't matter since it's just another Ranger's Corpse

22. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

Hmm, seems the ATK mismatch is from an error in the offense calculated from strength, not the ranger bonus. I only noticed it when testing on the ranger because I had to test levels under 60 for it and it doesn't show up at max strength. Sony had changed the agility formula over the years and Secrets gave me a decompile for our era. Guess we need one for strength too. It's not off by much though.