7-12-2017

Discussion in 'Changelog' started by robregen, Jul 12, 2017.

1. robregen

robregen Administrator Staff Member

Code:
    Cavedude

* Corrected an issue causing bag weight to not be calculated correctly server side.
    * Cleaned up the server weight calculation a bit more. There are times we are still 1 off, but I've confirmed that is because the client will randomly skip over items below 0.5 weight. I have no idea why. The server side weight is correct, and it's never more than 1 off, so it's good enough.

Database
    Robregen

* a slime elemental in Runnyeye should now drop "Orb of Slime"
    * slightly increase the drop rate for Charger Hoof Chips on Centaur Charger in South Karana
    Cavedude
    * Dumbfire pets should no longer backstabs like a rogue.
    * Dumbfire pets should no longer be immune to AOE.

Script
    Robregen

* fixed the name variable for Oracle_Vauris.lua
    * removed a class check for Astral_Projection.lua in Lake of Ill Omen.

2. Lenas

Lenas I Feel Loved

I think some more digging in that thread discovered that they actually should be? No backstabs, but they should be aoe/riposte immune as far as we could tell.

3. sowislifesowislove

sowislifesowislove People Like Me

yea, according to that dev, Rich Waters, the only thing wrong with our cleric pets is that they shouldn't be backstabbing.

4. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

And they should be named Goner and such. Not Healer's Pet.

sowislifesowislove likes this.
  5. Yaximus

Yaximus Member

Were they also not dual wielding on live or did I read Darchon parse wrong?

6. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

I would swear, that i used to give them two weapons, focus and haste the cleric hammers on long fights.

7. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

They innately dual wield on Live. I parsed it out for 5-10 min. The post included rough frequency of 1-4 swings per second too.

8. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

The dumbfire pets start attacking as soon as summoned, and disappear as soon as they stops attacking, so I don't see how you could trade it items

9. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

Well. I do remember trading items to pets while they were in combat. I may be wrong. But thats what i remember.

10. Faults

Faults I Feel Loved

On AK for sure you had to wait for pets to be out of combat to give them items. I don't know if/when that changed on live but not on AK.

11. robregen

robregen Administrator Staff Member

Haynar is going to run some test on resist / immunity. The immune to riposite will probably need to be coded in. This should be fixed for next patch (7-26-2017)

12. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

It may have been weird under a special situation. I dont remember.

13. Elroz

Elroz I Feel Loved Staff Member

Haynar might be remembering during the bugged phase of dumbfire pets (was about a year on live) where they'd be summoned and stand around for a while, the only way to get them to attack was when the cleric/wizard got hit. I'm betting you could have handed them items during that period. From the posts I could find, it was around when LDoN was released that they became bugged like that, and the pets weren't fixed until after the cleric hammer AA pet came out.

14. Faults

Faults I Feel Loved

Perhaps - we had some of the pet proc weapons that did the same thing; stood around not doing anything until they died (Timespinner comes to mind) but the rest of the pet weapons they charged right in.

15. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

Confirmed on eqlive, that dumbfire pets from all classes resist all spells, except unresistable.

I need to also check if dumbfires can be buffed, like hasted, etc.

Probably need to look at swarm pets and pet weapon proc pets too. See if they are the same in regards to resists.

Will wrap that up and testing on ripostes too for all of the above before next patch.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2017
  16. cavedude

cavedude Administrator Staff Member

That was fixed, it just isn't in the log. That was the main thing I did, I figured Rob could do the rest ;)

17. Bastette

Bastette Active Member

On live, there used to be a way to get the wizard sword to switch to a new target without poofing when the first target died. I can't remember how it worked, and I know the circumstances required to make it work were uncommon, but I definitely did it several times. Does anyone remember how this worked?

18. Pithy

Pithy I Feel Loved

I think the pets poofed on Live when their hate lists cleared. So if you chain pulled and ate damage from the new mob before the old mob died, the pet would live past the first mob's death. Going from super fuzzy recollection of 2001 era Live, so take that with a heaping helping of artisanal small batch local vegan sea salt.

19. Dane

Dane People Like Me

The pet would have to get attacked by the 2nd mob. So if the mob came in and AEd, the pet would kill the first mob and switch to the second mob. It kills until there's no mobs left on its hate list.

20. Dane

Dane People Like Me

Yeah, what Pithy said.

21. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

works fine here, I can get the cleric pet to attack multiple targets
    basically treat it like an enchanter pet... just root the mob and get the cleric hit by the mob, the pet will say "attacking <npc> master" and will switch to that mob when the first one dies

Bastette likes this.
  22. Speedz

Speedz Administrator Staff Member

I also faintly remember giving cleric pets weapons ON AK at PoV Fiends.

23. Pane

Pane Member

As far as giving cleric pets weapons on AK.

As a cleric main there, I dont remember ever giving them items, but you guys might recall doing so because it was possible for the cleric pets to become bugged and they would essentially turn into an enchanter animation, where they would defend the cleric but not poof once agro cleared. I used to "exploit" the bug just to free up the spell slot and not have to recast the thing over and over.

So it is entirely possible that people remember giving them weapons on AK.

24. Speedz

Speedz Administrator Staff Member

Yea I think that as long as it had a hate list it stayed up.

25. Pane

Pane Member

nothing to do with the hate list