Possible for Inny DE's to do Crown of Deceit quest?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mokli, May 18, 2017.

1. ingwit

ingwit Member

There are several crowns floating around on characters that would now be unable to complete the quest*, so the USS Era-Appropriateness has already sailed to an extent.

* Additionally, some of these crowns were acquired after the bug had been identified, and the dev team had requested players to refrain from completing it. I believe that it was Haynar who previously mentioned potentially rewarding players with illusion potions as part of a GM event; I love this idea.

edit: Werewolf and imp illusions do not positively modify the faction on the dev server.

Last edited: May 21, 2017
  2. Faults

Faults I Feel Loved

I thought after the bug was ID'd they removed the old froglok to prevent this from happening. However, 5 crowns were acquired prior to the bug being outed

Lenas likes this.
  3. robregen

robregen Administrator Staff Member

yeah few have already obtained before we found out the bug and we disabled the old froglok. Then after it was implemented. we enabled the old froglok back in.

Fault was kind enough to report it.

4. robregen

5. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

We did not remove crowns from those that finished it, prior to faction being fixed.

We have no plans either. They just got theirs early.

H

6. robregen

Fault just got better with the takp dev. while the one that already got it got worst with the takp devs. haha

Mokli likes this.
  7. Mokli

Mokli I Feel Loved

Thanks for confirming guys. I don't mind having to wait, I would have been upset if it wasn't possible at all on TAK though. ;)

8. Bum

Bum I Feel Loved

Every crown out there is thx to Lord Bumming

I'll accept a one shot illusion pot as a thank you.

/snicker

(I'm sure it would be a troll illusion pot.)

9. Faults

Faults I Feel Loved

Damn cloaks

10. Barnd0g

Barnd0g People Like Me

I am curious if agnostic ogres are able to hit the faction lvl with the scalp?

Pithy mentioned RZ ogres are not able to get high enough but I assume agnostic might have a chance to complete the quest...have any agnostic ogres completed the quest on the server?

11. robregen

should be able to. same goes for agnostic DE.

12. Barnd0g

Barnd0g People Like Me

Well I know what quest I'll be working on next!

Cheers :D

13. Bum

Bum I Feel Loved

Reroll your warrior rz

14. Faults

Faults I Feel Loved

Honestly.

15. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

you can't use the scalp as "Agnostic", because it's restricted by diety
    Deity: Rallos Zek, Innoruuk, Cazic Thule, Bertoxxulous

would this item be enough to boost the faction?
    4 charges of Alliance https://www.takproject.net/allaclone/item.php?id=30297
    the item does drop, right?

16. robregen

looks like they do. Alliance only boost up to 100.

17. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

I guess it depends where in the "kindly" range the faction maxes out for evil deities with the scalp

The entire Kindly range is 250 faction hits
    so if it maxes out somewhere mid-kindly (650), then it might be possible to reach warmly (750)
    if it maxes out at low kindly (500) then you will still be kindly with Alliance (600)

hypothetical
    max faction work puts you at top of amiable 499
    + scalp(250) = 749 (top kindly)
    + alliance(100) = 849 is warmly

do we know exact number in the amiable range that you reach with "faction could not possibly get any better" ?

I am also assuming this is accurate for our era
    • Ally 1100 to 2100
    • Warmly 750 to 1099
    • Kindly 500 to 749
    • Amiable 100 to 499
    • Indifferent 0 to 99
    • Apprehensive -100 to -1
    • Dubious -500 to -101
    • Threatening -800 to -501
    • Scowls -2100 to -801

18. robregen

any race with a none evil diety (Rallos Zek, Innoruuk, Cazic Thule, Bertoxxulous) should be able to reach warmly max. Even agnostic iksar and troll should be able to reach that.

19. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

Does each of the evil dieties (rallos, innoruuk, cazic, bertox) have a different -neg faction modifier, or are they all the same?

Just thinking out loud here. I'm a little bit uncertain how it all works:

I saw this post: https://www.takproject.net/forums/index.php?threads/scalp-of-the-ghoul-lord.7331/#post-42399

Before the patch, I factioned from scowls to warmly, which from your post over here is a faction change of at least 1500 and at most 3100. After the patch, my faction is in the dubious range, so at most -100. I guess that means the pre-patch RZ ogre starting faction was in the high scowls range (-1000 or so), and the patch reduced it to the worst possible, -2000?

agnostic orge starts at threatenling. evil deity just goes in deeper. so it more like -1300 unlike the iksar / troll which starts at the worst possible scowls than the dark elf and ogre. It is possible that the agnostic iksar and agnostic troll could reach warmly. But not so with evil deity.

Max positive faction points you can get is +2000, and that's before any race/diety modifiers, is that correct?

Pithy's RZ ogre went from warmly (750 to 1099) to dubious (-500 to -101) on the 26Nov patch

which means patch was a negative race/diety modifier change in the range of -851 to -1599, is that accurate?

apparently max con you can hit with evil diety and scalp is Kindly (500 to 749), so ogre RZ evil race/diety is negative faction modifier of between -1251 to -1500 if you grind the maximun +2000 faction points, is that accurate?

estimated starting faction for evil race/diety , based on pithy's faction work and 26 nov patch, and max faction level should thus be:

~ -1501 to -1599 starting for rz ogre, +2000 faction points is 401 to 499 (amiable) + scalp (250) is high kindly at 651 to 749, is that right?, so with alliance spell you should reach warmly at 751

-2100 max negative for cazic iksar, +2000 faction points is apprehensive (-100) + scalp is amiable (150), is that right?

Last edited: May 30, 2017
  20. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

not expecting you to, sorry...
    was mainly just thinking out loud , trying to figure it out myself

I guess someone will just have to give it a try and report results.
    I'm a long way off from grinding lower guk faction

21. Locnar

Locnar Member

Id kind of put Veeshan into the evil category too. It lays waste of bards faction to almost kos in so many good/neutral towns.

22. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

alright for science I maxed out my faction on RZ ogre warrior
    it maxes between +246 and +261 faction points, which is below middle of the amiable range

which is not high enough to be able to complete the quest

sad face

23. Barnd0g

Barnd0g People Like Me

Which is why I made an agnostic ogre warrior ;)

24. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

have you been able to complete the quest after the faction nerf/fix with agnostic ogre warrior?
    note, you can't wear the lord scalp for the faction boost

25. snorks

snorks Well-Known Member

If someone who is NOT of the following dieties: Rallos Zek, Innoruuk, Cazic Thule, Bertoxxulous max their froglok faction, can they quest the crown without the scalp?

26. Mokli

Mokli I Feel Loved

From my understanding, yes.

27. Mokli

Mokli I Feel Loved

No worries, we'll be rolling over the illusion clicky from VT before you know it. ;)

28. snorks

snorks Well-Known Member

Assuming you are correct, does it not, then, stand to reason that the scalp was introduced to allow for the followers of those evil dieties to also complete the quest? Without requiring both a scalp and an illusion.

Lore/roleplay wise something like this:
    Old Froglok VS non-evil protagonist: You have proven yourself by slaying many undead frogloks. Please take this illusion thing as a token of my gratitude.
    Old Froglok VS evil protagonist: You have yet to prove yourself, soandso. Slay they very lord of the undead frogloks, retrieve and don yourself in his scalp and only then shall I know that you are our friend.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2017
    showstring likes this.
  29. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

It sure would make logical sense based on the intention of this particular item, and I would be happy for it to be implemented as such

but ... I don't think it is possible based on some feedback , some evil race+diety combos max out at indifferent and some low amiable, so even with faction boosts it wasn't enough

would happily bribe the devs to implement faction boost to make this quest complete-able through whatever means that doesn't require waiting until PoP or the most-likely-not-going-to-be-obtained-and-kinda-makes-the-quest-pointless human illusion crown from vex thal

from some 2003 posts:
    Ok, here's how I did it as a DE cleric, Innoruuk follower (of course)

By killing in Lguk and Sebilis, I maxed my faction out. Max faction is amiable. With ghoul lord scalp, I conned kindly. I killed a few chancellors in Icewell and got an ornate velium pendant like someone else mentioned. That kept me at kindly.

I started thinking about someone casting illusions on me and suddenly remembered a quest that I had done long ago as a small cleric... the Regent Symbol of Innoruuk quest. The second leg of that quest yields a halfling illusion mask with one charge. All you have to do is kill Master Whoopal in Nektolus and turn his head into Drakiz (sp?) in the Tower of the Spurned in Neriak Commons.

With the help of my husband Meckin (aka Warrik) who helped me with all the parts of the quest, I obtained my Crown of Deceit. Special thanks to Lmwip for letting me loot the ghoul lord scalp.

So that suggests only evil race+dieties would be innoruuk warshipping DE/TRL can do it at this stage

wtb ykesha illusion potions

Last edited: Jul 13, 2017
  30. Pithy

Pithy I Feel Loved

mm, yeah human/DE/troll clerics and shammies should be able to do part of the regent symbol quest to get this assling mask. just make sure not to click the one click till you've got your scalp on and the old froglok spawned!