Poll 2 of 2 Devs are curious.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Speedz, May 9, 2017.

?

Box limits

1. Leave alone

2. 2

3. 6

4. unlimited

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Bum

Bum I Feel Loved

Loss of Grobb. /mourn

2. Dane

Dane People Like Me

I'm sure I'll get flamed by the AK "purists," but I'd actually really enjoy playing on a server that was time locked at OoW. After GoD was nerfed to a reasonable level, the GoD raids and progression were actually a ton of fun. OoW had some great raids (MPG Trials were a blast) and epic 2.0s. And even PoTime gear was still relevant. There was so much raid content available in that era. But I digress.

3. Kagatob

Kagatob People Like Me

Y'all forgot the best part. HateplaneB and Marsinger's Glimmering Gem quest. Also Innoruuk B and that oh so sexy beacon of loathing.

Last edited: May 11, 2017
  4. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

Trolls made homeless +1

Quirk likes this.
  5. shortok

shortok People Like Me

Armor dyes -1

6. Bum

Bum I Feel Loved

Hateb was one of my favorite zones, I made millions selling marsinger/gem of conquest MQs- ft3 range on a level 1

Oiwon likes this.
  7. Speedz

Speedz Administrator Staff Member

Dulak is the perfect place!

lurari likes this.
  8. Faults

Faults I Feel Loved

That server would be fun - but THIS server is for AK.

Also I'd rather have LDoN augs and the grindfest than LoY. And I might play on Agnarr to experience that server. But I don't expect TAKP to be that server

Quirk likes this.
  9. Fadetree

Fadetree People Like Me

I can take anything up until that Defiant started falling like rain. After that, I'm out.

Oiwon likes this.
  10. Pithy

Pithy I Feel Loved

I fuzzily remember getting absolutely annihilated by GoD raids at release. Fun times! I'd love to revisit those raids. Maybe someday when TAKP is complete and population-stable, some enterprising devs can fork it and work on a GoD-capped server. :)

also, pooooookas!

delete, lurari, Dane and 1 other person like this.
  11. Volkmeer

Volkmeer New Member

I like your suggestion Pithy!

12. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

Dev team are mixed on ldon. But most liked LoY. There have been discussions of adding an additional client and doing LoY with it after PoP. But we could all be burned out by then.

Palarran, Kithani, delete and 9 others like this.
  13. Lenas

Lenas I Feel Loved

OR you could all be on a super-high after completing the best emu project ever.

gardnerjens likes this.
  14. robregen

robregen Administrator Staff Member

if only we can get the Evolution Client working. So far it's been out of our league much like the PPC client.

15. Kagatob

Kagatob People Like Me

If it wouldn't get me banned I would of made additional forum accounts for the express purpose of being able to like this post multiple times.

16. necra

necra People Like Me

Life after pop in some form in years to come would be amazing.

Oiwon likes this.
  17. Faults

Faults I Feel Loved

Come on - Deepest Guk dev team. Deepest Guk!

lurari likes this.
  18. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

I love many different eras of EQ.

Gates of Discord, after the many balance patches that fixed up the content, is actually a great expansion for raiders. Excellent 1-group to 9-group content. I think the Ikkinz group trials are still the hardest in-era group content they ever created. Plus the raids finally got into more complicated scripts and requirements. The Txevu Zun'Muram script being my personal favorite. Had a bit of everything.

But oh my tangenting!

Dane likes this.
  19. Fadetree

Fadetree People Like Me

Welllllllllllllll...let's just focus on helping these guys to get PoP out. As someone mentioned, that would be an incredible achievement. Like, Hall of Fame stuff. I guarantee they will be crispy by then, so lets try not to drive them crazy in between :)

20. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

A whole lot of work before PoP drops. Since we basically rebuild every zone, rather than just slap on some lipstick.

Elrontaur, showstring and Draeko like this.
  21. robregen

robregen Administrator Staff Member

yep this. we are rebuilding every zone and have been since the beginning. I'm sure after we are done with PoP. we'll go back to do some stuff that we overlooked and/or make more improvements.

22. Dane

Dane People Like Me

Yeah, it's tangential. But it's fun as hell to talk about! Great memories and lots of nostalgia.

23. Locnar

Locnar Member

I never played EQ after LoY really. OOW and GoD do sound interesting.

The Frogs from LoY actually kind of fit in graphically with the other player characters (old models only). Its the Draken or wtf ever that newest race is that walked around with a stuck perma up their butts that just looked so out of place.

While im on the Frogs, why in the world did they end up in the MOUNTAINS of rathe (hello, they are frogs) and not Lake Rathtear?? Could of reverted splitpaw to a low lowbie zone for their starter dungeon and threw some noob yard trash around the lake rathetear/south karana zone lines. The Aviaks took them under their wing (hehe) after they were expelled from Inothule.....

24. Bum

Bum I Feel Loved

they someone won the war with trolls and took over Grobb, trolls got sent to Nek then a gm event happened and the frogs were defeated and the rightful trolls reclaimed Grobb and the frogs were exiled to the mountains

25. Bum

Bum I Feel Loved

would have been better if their home city was upper guk

26. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

Yea. I never understood the takeover of Grobb. Its like none of the dev team play Trolls.

27. Speedz

Speedz Administrator Staff Member

The biggest thing holding back my enthusiasm for beyond PoP based on TAKP is the OSX client.
    I would want to see a client on OSX that would support expansions that the PC side would have.

I have hoped in vain for the longest time that someone would make a open source cross platform client that was NOT web based or Unity based.
    Something made in C++ that is able to compile on the big 3.

My thought from an amateur at best C++ experience was something similar to how Secondlife or Ryzom handles cross platform.
    But simply a rendering network engine that reads existing client assets and utilizes them. So technically you would have to "own" a client still.

28. Suriinya

Suriinya Well-Known Member

I didn't vote but if I did I'd vote for a boxing limit of 2.

I personally prefer not to box. I've occasionally boxed in the past, but I find it tedious and frustrating. However I don't begrudge anyone if they prefer to box. So I don't really care if the limit stays at 3 forever.

This is a great server and honestly the only place I want to play EQ. The devs here are doing an awesome job recreating AK and I appreciate all the work that they do.

I think that allowing boxing was the best decision to allow people to play the game their own way on a low pop server, but it does have consequences. I play Enchantress exclusively. I find all other classes in EQ to be pretty boring to play. I also prefer to play one character and group with at least one other actual human.

As a solo Enchantress who prefers to group, playing on a server where literally everyone else 3-boxes a team that includes an enchanter in their threesome, there is approximately zero demand for me to even be here.

/shrug it is what it is. I'll probably play on Agnarr a little since I still have an active account but it just won't be AK which is really what I want.

Foxhorde, Mokli and Kudadil like this.
  29. Faults

Faults I Feel Loved

I do want to say I know you guys are talking things over like LoY. But what about the mild changes like hate staves on revs so its not a massive bottleneck. Ah well - a man can dream.

30. Tarkon

Tarkon Well-Known Member

You aren't kidding about everyone and their cousin having an enchanter box. A sizable chunk of the playerbase rolls with [Main] / Cleric or Druid / Chanter as their 3-box combo.

It is always tough to play a single box on a server where everyone boxes. Many fights that are challenging on a single box are trivial for 3-boxers. We have a couple single boxers that do a good job of making a place for themselves but it is a challenge.