Breakdown of TAKP 2-year anniversary events

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Pithy, Dec 28, 2016.

1. Sheeps

Sheeps New Member

yes I had a guise and deleted it then was told it was inventory click able I rarely read forums lol no troll

sowislifesowislove likes this.
  2. Bum

Bum I Feel Loved

....... why didn't you do your turn ins on BB as you said~

3. Sheeps

Sheeps New Member

turning on bb?

4. Bum

Bum I Feel Loved

That was @Spaide

5. Tuluvien

Tuluvien I Feel Loved

Spaide special

6. Lenas

Lenas I Feel Loved

He forgot and the tokens are ND so lololol sucks for u bumbum

7. Bum

Bum I Feel Loved

i aready texted him a picture of a dead chinchilla

8. Pithy

Pithy I Feel Loved

Looks like five new weapons were added (thanks Lenas for the heads up). Updated the OP.

9. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

5 more?

Cool.

10. Linkamus

Linkamus People Like Me

Oh sweet. Last night most camps were taken, was a bit disheartening!

11. Linkamus

Linkamus People Like Me

Hmm, just tried to turn in "Glowing Wooden Crook", and Mayor just hands it back to me. Not getting a token.

12. robregen

robregen Administrator Staff Member

there was a typo there. This will be fix shortly.

13. robregen

robregen Administrator Staff Member

okay should be fix now.

14. Linkamus

Linkamus People Like Me

You're the man!

15. Taredin

Taredin New Member

Rewards could be more intelligent...if understand what I mean.

16. sowislifesowislove

sowislifesowislove People Like Me

^ I don't understand what mean. I think rewards have been great. Great event.

Yinn Yang likes this.
  17. Elroz

Elroz I Feel Loved Staff Member

think they mean guises going to bard and enc, its just a roll of the dice though

18. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

Like the gate potion rewards. If its a class that has gate, something else. Maybe class specific.

A bard or rogue, dont give em a guise.

A DE, give em something else rare wise, in place of guise. Maybe a diff illusion clicky. Not a stupid gnome either.

There are possibly some class specific rares that coule be sought after.

Possibilities are endless.

But overall, awesome anniv quests.

19. Tuluvien

Tuluvien I Feel Loved

Given that most people taking part run multiple toons at the same time I don't see any need for such alteration. You don't need guise? Turn everything in on a toon that could use. Everything else is tradeable. As a gateless class why be relegated to receiving mostly potions while gaters get something else.

I think the rewards are fair all around.

This event has the potential to create a lot of CoF, fungi tunic and guise, if people keep at it. The market here is fickle enough without adding more free high end shit. I think the current reward pool pushes the limit on what should be available from GM events, so let's not complain.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2017
  20. Linkamus

Linkamus People Like Me

This

21. Lenas

Lenas I Feel Loved

I am pretty surprised at the amount of good stuff being rewarded this year tbh. Never expected to see guises or even rubicite.

Yinn Yang likes this.
  22. Taredin

Taredin New Member

Im glad I won 3 bags otherwise i wouldnt have enough space for the arround 60 potions I earned. Imo some more less valuable items like gebs or djarns rings and similar stuff would make such events even more fun. Atm its more like getting some really good rewards or getting nothing. But thanks for doing this events, Im sure its related to some work.

23. Bum

Bum I Feel Loved

where's my stacks of cake and booze??

24. Tuluvien

Tuluvien I Feel Loved

There are frequently no GEB or djarns rings in the baz, to hand them out is balance tipping. I understand we all want free stuff but it's a dangerous and slippery road. I think we should not act from greed, but from a desire to see people have fun in a balanced and AK accurate environment.

Most events that I took part in on AK would award 1 illusion clickie of choice, and 1 title of choice. Something about a gift horse and his mouth?

Yinn Yang and weirdog92 like this.
  25. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

I am gonna turn in all my stuff on my DE so I can tease Bum if I get a guise.

Elroz and Tuluvien like this.
  26. Yinn Yang

Yinn Yang People Like Me

Based on these two quotes, it's safe to say an 'A' token could yield an AoN and that a Tinkerer's Bag does come from more than one type of token.

Has anyone that has gotten multiple high-end rewards noticed if certain rewards come from certain tokens? I am starting to wonder if, for example, 'A' tokens could be: random potion, Amulet of Necropotence, or Guise of the Deceiver; while 'B' tokens could be: random potion, random piece of Rubicite, or Tinkerer's Bag; and 'C' tokens would get you: random potion, 6/65 ring/necklace, or Cloak of Flames/Fungi Tunic.

I haven't paid close enough attention, but I have noticed that for a 2-token weapon, I always get a 'B' token, very often get a 'C' token with it, and only rarely get an 'A' token along with the 'B'. Would make sense that rarer, hard to get weapons (3-token weapons) would be the only ones which would always yield an A token on hand-in.

27. Kagatob

Kagatob People Like Me

Event is amazing all around. To anyone miffed that some stuff is being camped its EverQuest, that stuff happens.

Rewards are more than fair. People are selling hand-ins at 2k a pop, which at worse gives you a 1200 value gate potion, I'm not gonna sneer at a net loss of 800p for a chance at a guise. Not to mention people seem to be really digging the rubicite.

Yinn Yang and Tuluvien like this.
  28. Tuluvien

Tuluvien I Feel Loved

Yin, when my shaman bands in a 1 token weapons he gets an a coin every time (8 in a row) while my cleric hands in same weapon and gets a 50/50 split of b and c, no a. I'm thinking it's random.

Yinn Yang likes this.
  29. Yinn Yang

Yinn Yang People Like Me

Interesting, so the lower end weapon gets you an 'A' token... well, that blows my theory out of the water :)

I guess it is totally random, but I do know that with the 2-token weapons I hand in, I absolutely always get a B token, along with some other (including some A, but mostly C). Strange I never get an A & C, for example.

P.S.: on another note, the "lore" attached to each token is funny stuff, I imagine it can be seen by casting Identify.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2017
  30. Elroz

Elroz I Feel Loved Staff Member

pretty sure those action tokens were put in for gm events on live, not sure if they ever got used, but they are on allakhazams etc