Haynar's new client mods.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Haynar, Jul 19, 2016.

1. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

Yes. It should work. The wiki eqclient.ini has some keymaps at the bottom. You want to delete those, they mess up the client bad. And delete the eqfecfg.cfg too. That is a config file set up by your pc when it runs. Using one generated under another build, pc, setup, can totally break ur install. That file shouldnt be in there probably.

H

2. Volkmeer

Volkmeer New Member

Thank you sir!

V.

3. Burly

Burly New Member

I don't know if this issue pertains to Haynar's patch or just the core client or something, but every now and again (like every few hours of play), I get hit by a bug that causes one of my clients to automatically press some random key when switched to. Closing and restarting the client fixes the issue, and restarting HotKeyNet does not, so it's probably not the hotkeys. The key that gets pressed automatically remains consistent throughout the session, but seemingly random from session to session -- I've had it be escape, various numbers, page down, etc. When switching to that client, the game will react as if that button is being pressed immediately after switching. In most cases, this forces a relog as you can't really play like that.

4. Sketchy

Sketchy People Like Me

Yes I have that happen all the time burly. A client will always rotate, or press a certain button until relog. I am not sure how to fix it, or what client package has that resolved. Maybe none. PC of course.

5. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

I will work on that tomorrow. I bet its a key pressed while switching. And when in background it doesnt process the key up event. So i know exactly where to look. Hopefully can have a fix tomorrow.

6. Sketchy

Sketchy People Like Me

Ok cool Haynar, hope you can fix it, take your time. I have been dealing with this since launch and just kinda got used to it. Thanks.

7. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

I had the key sticking issue when I was playing on AK. It has nothing to do with Haynar's or Secrets' mods.

It was more common on my less powered machines, so lower frame rates probably increase the chance of it happening. I also increased the delay between window focus swaps and key presses to try and reduce the occurrences. If you try to minimize swap-button-swap delays, you're gonna have problems, but it can still happen regardless.

Imagine PBAoE killing 80 mob pulls with that happening. Was frustrating, but rare enough that it didn't stop me.

8. benoeb

benoeb People Like Me

Haynar super grateful you got hotkeynet working with your DLL as it works stupendously, but can I change my answer to being able to scroll through the windows using mouse wheel since our client doesn't support zoom in/zoom out via the wheel?

Last edited: Aug 30, 2016
    Mambo likes this.
  9. Lenas

Lenas I Feel Loved

Wow, getting greedy!!

10. surron

surron People Like Me

Yea autorunning when switching to a client sucks... However none of these auto key press issues when switching happen to me anymore with Secrets' mod, so it is possible to get it fixed in Haynar's

11. Traul

Traul New Member

I've also had the button sticking issue. For me it always seems to be the apostrophe which is a button I rarely if ever hit.

12. Sketchy

Sketchy People Like Me

Ok, well, I am going to grab Secret's latest patch and check it out, thanks for the tip Surron

13. Burly

Burly New Member

It doesn't feel like it's caused by hitting a key during the switch. For me, the key that gets bugged most often is ESC and I use the same hand to hit that as I do to switch clients, so there's literally no way I could possibly have hit ESC while switching. There's also no apparent correlation between the frequency of using a given key during gameplay and the frequency with which that's the key that gets bugged. Sometimes it's PageDown for me and I simply never use that key, and my most often used ones have never been the ones to get bugged. Usually it's ESC, 3 or PgDn.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2016
  14. John Stark

John Stark People Like Me

If I figure out how to apply this thread to my install, I think I'd use it. lol

I didn't mess with the "Secret" mod and the hotkeynet "switching" mostly because I'm not that interested in boxing (my wife plays and my kids want to) and we just wanted to get in the game. So, I'm using the preconfigured Windows client with Hayner's dll and setting frame rate manually in the eqclient ini file. My object was to get playing as fast as possible, and the PC client on the wiki along with Hayner's dll is working just fine so far since I don't need to switch screens or play in windowed mode.

Is there any reason I couldn't set up another directory to mess around with the various mods and so on for boxing/switching until I'm satisfied that I have what I want? Or would that cause issues that I may not be thinking of?

15. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

I have like 3 different folders with different installs/mods.

I play full screen. I like using my latest mods in this thread. It will be less prone to any potential issues that can crash the client.

16. John Stark

I finally made the time to set up a fresh install in new directory, and it ran smooth as silk once I remembered to start EQ with the eqw.exe file.

I basically just used the client from the wiki page, there didn't seem to be either the wsock32.dll or the eqfecfg.cfg in the install so no need to delete those, and I removed the keybinds in the eqclient.ini file.

I haven't tried to get the window switching to work, but I must say being able to alt+tab, minimize, and so on is freaking great!

Thanks Haynar, great client so far!

17. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

I put up a new version that should stop most of the random key press in the background issues. I tested it for several hours and had no issues. How in the world do you people box 3 chars on one computer? That was no fun for me.

H

Skratching likes this.
  18. Skratching

Skratching Active Member

After this patch my /target playername /follow macro no longer works.

**EDIT**

I was able to get it to work after about 10 minutes after logging in and already manually following a character once.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2016
  19. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

I only removed some keyboard resets, when window not active. Should only affect windows in the background, not getting random input.

To follow, should put a /pause 7 between /target and /follow to make it more reliable.

The /follow is mainly in the client. The /target command send to server and waits for a reply to finish. So a pause is sometimes needed after it.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2016
  20. John Stark

Well, I got multi windows and switching to work, so even better!

Very impressed.

Lag in game seems to be mostly eliminated too for the most part, although High Hold pass was really laggy for some reason.

21. Kagatob

Kagatob People Like Me

Do any of these client mods allow smooth window to desktop to window transition without the use of hotkeys?

22. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

Translate please?

23. Skratching

Skratching Active Member

If I had to take a guess he is talking about moving his mouse off of the client and then back into the client without control shift r.

24. Kagatob

Kagatob People Like Me

See: Titanium client with multiple clients running. When your mouse hits the edge of the window it seamlessly can interact with the desktop, allowing you to go from box to box to browser to vent and anything else that isn't full screen without even a click, just move the mouse to the appropriate window. The single best aspect of the client when using multiple monitors.

25. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

Mouse is locked to the window. Not an easy fix. Have looked. I dont know how to change this aspect.

Mambo likes this.
  26. Kagatob

Kagatob People Like Me

One day /pray

27. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

Updated.

Fixed an issue with first time switching manually to full screen from windowed. It wasn't storing the windowed info. So going back to windowed, wasn't always working.

Trying to learn more about the mouse handling, to maybe function as like a real windowed application someday. Or at least have a setting to allow doing so.

H

Volkmeer likes this.
  28. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

I was wondering if the cursor not being locked in the window at server select could be leveraged somehow

Kagatob and Volkmeer like this.
  29. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

Yep. I wondered that too. I just dont know enough about directx and cursors. I tried to figure out what is different from serv sel, vs char sel and in game.

30. Bob Barker

Bob Barker Member

I just downloaded this yesterday and it's amazing! Thank you.

Having never used hotkeynet before, it did take me a few minutes to figure out what I was doing and which file to load. It might be helpful to others if you add a quick line about it in the first post instructions, something like:
    "For hotkey switching between clients, run hotkeynet.exe and load the script 'script.txt'. Numpad 1, 2, and 3 are the default buttons to switch clients."