Bazaar at the expense of pok books

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lenas, Feb 18, 2016.

1. Oiwon

Oiwon People Like Me

Ridiculous to take out PoK books at this point. Bazaar would be cool, but at this point the server doesn't really even have enough people that it will matter. Just use auction.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2016
  2. robregen

robregen Administrator Staff Member

[​IMG]

This is just referred to some of these posts in this thread. Not direct to all.

Tesadar, Bum, Teholb and 2 others like this.
  3. Tuluvien

Tuluvien I Feel Loved

I think it's cool. They need to be tested, just cause. Used or not. I joined AK Looking for a classic experience, as my nostalgia had me longing for 1999. Hitting max level back then, with no boxes and no porter was a defining experience.

Obviously the population here makes not boxing and no fast travel a near impossibility but personally I wouldn't mind a little more running and some old school nexus use.

Tesadar likes this.
  4. Merriam

Merriam Member

1. I'm for a bazaar, whatever the travel compromises (I have no porting class-will walk).

2. Does this mean we'll be able to buy horses, or will this be a heavily modified version of bazaar (buying horses=places to waste plat)?

3. Thanks for being flexible and listening to the current community as well keeping an eye on the future, devs (this goes for all the decisions you've made over the last several years-not just bazaar).

5. Ransom

Ransom Well-Known Member

I don't mind the nexus scions. I always used them as an excuse to AFK, multitask or research whatever area/quest I was headed to.

If we're only taking out Kelethin/Felwithe and Erudin/Paineel, I don't see it as a big deal.

Bazaar is also a great addition for casuals who want to sell their silks/pelts/bone chips, without having to be online to do so. Plat has amazing value for low level casters trying to get all spells/research.

Teholb likes this.
  6. thefaceless

thefaceless New Member

I'm a little confused about the nexus. Didn't really experience it on live. Is that where the npc at the spire teleports anyone at the spire to luclin (nexus) every 20 minutes or so?

7. Lenas

Lenas I Feel Loved

Five spires can transport you to the Nexus: Greater Faydark, Northern Karana, Dreadlands, Toxulia Forest and Great Divide.

Each spire has a scion. You talk to them to receive a shard. Portals fire every 15 minutes and transports anyone holding the shard.

8. Speedz

Speedz Administrator Staff Member

The thing that seems to be forgotten again:

We all want this to be done, to be in PoP and having a blast as we did on AK.
    There will be bumps, there will be frustrations, as well as some smooth sailing.

We have a small dev team and that size has paid off in accuracy and quality.
    The side effect is, patience wears thin. Both for players wanting more, and devs wanting it done all while needing breaks.
    This is not a job we can pay the bills with. Please remember that. We would LOVE to play (at least some of us)
    But we also want a finished and accurate server.

If something seems screwed up as far as decisions, ask yourself "Why? Could there be a specific reason something is this way?"
    I think it is not too much to ask for players to have patience especially when a change is noted as temporary.

In the long run, this server will be complete. It will have everything enabled to make it an accurate as possible AK experience (some things within reason, like bugs and whatnot)

All nerd rage does is kill motivation.
    We get that you loved AK, that is why we are here.

Tesadar, Elrontaur, Ransom and 6 others like this.
  9. thefaceless

thefaceless New Member

I will be very interested as to how the bazaar plays out. I've only rolled my one character, a 38 druid, and have yet to buy anything. Still wearing four plain leather pieces, and only one +2 strength ring. If not for the newbie armor class sets it would be even worse. Hopefully there will be a lot more equipment available via the bazaar.

Teholb likes this.
  10. Stamm

Stamm Member

If this is true then takp is doing a good job in recreating the al kabor economy

11. Placer

Placer Well-Known Member

My two coppers worth, based on the end goal is a POP-locked server. If the zone is a. ready to go as it will exist then and b. the devs are willing to release it ahead of a really arbitrary expansion, then great. But why take out something else to somehow compensate? AK had a nexus and books and thank you for bringing us closer to how things were.

12. Aerili

Aerili Member

You've made certain choices along the way with respect to zones, races and classes. For mine, you might as well have both now.

13. Elcid

Elcid Member

I have both =)

Teholb likes this.
  14. Teholb

Teholb Member

They want the Nexus functionality to be tested. It will not be tested if PoK books supersede it. Thus, all Nexus-accessible zones that also have PoK books will have their PoK books disabled. This is essentially only Gfay, Tox, ans the Nexus book itself. To use the Bazaar, we will be "forced" to test the nexus functionality. It's quite a clever solution to a lack of willing dev server testers, actually, lol.

This isn't about restrictions for the sake of restrictions.

Elrontaur, Speedz and robregen like this.
  15. Sharpe

Sharpe Member

I am appreciative of anything the developers take the time to put in place for us to enjoy. A bazaar would be great, but for me personally, if the trip becomes time consuming (I believe the Spires transported every 15 minutes) then I doubt I will be making the trip that often.

16. surron

surron People Like Me

unnecessary restrictions because of Haynar's yearning to implement classic shit that has no relevance to AK

thanks Haynar!

their excuse is "so we have adequate testing of nexus scions"

when have we ever been forced to test something? let alone something that will rarely be used.

17. Teholb

Teholb Member

It's for a few months, for inconsequential zones. They compromised and allowed us to keep most of the books.
    I don't mean to be rude, but when were you forced to play on this server? If they want to run it a certain way, then that's what they're going to do. If it's a harmful thing they're doing, then give feedback and hope they take it. If not, just relax. This isn't particularly inconvenient, so why all the vitriol?
    I hope the devs don't burn out, because all of their efforts amount to them getting harangued by people who don't pay for their time.

18. robregen

have you not read the whole thread? not every book is going to be disabled. only books that are going to be disabled are zones that has nexus scions which mean nexus, gfaydark, tox, and great divide.

19. Mokli

Mokli I Feel Loved

Hey Rob, I'm fuzzy on the Nexus PoK book being disabled. How would you get to PoK from the Nexus then?

20. Speedz

zone travel from a spires to a zone that has a book.

21. robregen

travel through the spire then go to a zone that has a book. It just simple as that.

22. Speedz

We have seen a spike in people interested in dev since I changed up the commands available. So this thread could be pretty pointless in the long run.
    Time will tell.

23. Mokli

Mokli I Feel Loved

Okay, so, we'd have to use the scion to get to the Nexus say from NK. Then, once in the Nexus, we'd have to use another scion to go down to say Gfay, and then need to run to Butcher or Steamfont to get to PoK? I'm just trying to be entirely clear.

24. robregen

that pretty much it.

25. Mokli

Mokli I Feel Loved

Thanks for the clarification.

26. Bum

Bum I Feel Loved

Dev is fun now, I made a lvl 60 war with 2 gm uber swords and ran into velks and killed everything I could/checked spawns

27. Theus

Theus Well-Known Member

I would like to thank you all for your hard work. I have been enjoying the game. I have never been on the development server and it is quite possible I never make it over there. If you need me and others to test things, little tricks like disabling the pok books is a great way to do this. It may be inconvenient, but it is a small price to pay to have this game. Please do what you need to do to get us players to test the server. Also, a big thank you for a sooner release of the bazaar, I am really looking forward to having a bazaar.

28. Oiwon

Oiwon People Like Me

See you all on Dev

29. Kagatob

Kagatob People Like Me

One positive I can see is the value of loam robes and IGS going up since you will have to take a boat to get to get to the hole.
    You can't even give those away currently.

30. provocating

provocating New Member

I am working on the Nexus myself. A few things I read about tonight. One was that casting was not allowed in the Nexus, that I have forgotten. Also the ports were every 15 minutes, PEQ had them defaulted to 10 minutes which is incorrect.

http://www.eqclerics.org/forums/showthread.php?t=4497