Bazaar at the expense of pok books

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lenas, Feb 18, 2016.

1. Lenas

Lenas I Feel Loved

Discuss

Last edited: Feb 19, 2016
    surron likes this.
  2. Faults

Faults I Feel Loved

Why can't we just have the bazaar and the pok books? Is there something about selling items and travel/banking that are mutually exclusive

Radiskull likes this.
  3. Bum

Bum I Feel Loved

You can has all my chickens!

-Bumming the Bazaar

4. Tariabak

Tariabak New Member

This is a horrible idea. Disabling the pok books for the sake of being able to sell in the bazaar that only a couple people want will be detrimental to the population that have used the books to get around.

5. Elroz

Elroz I Feel Loved Staff Member

gorenaire pretty much already disables the dreadlands port route, would be limited to having to use ot hammers and druid/wizards to get anywhere in kunark in a reasonable time. Although I guess in velious the GD scion would get tons of use.

6. Theus

Theus Well-Known Member

I am so happy to hear we are going to get a bazaar, if it means we have to lose PoK books, fine. Thank you for bringing the bazaar.

7. robregen

robregen Administrator Staff Member

just have to keep this in mind that this is just temporary. I would say for a few months after nexus is in to make sure that it works as it should.

8. thefaceless

thefaceless New Member

I only played up to Luclin on live, so I'm looking forward to the bazaar (especially if you can leave a mule there, and play another account). However, now with my first experience with pok, I really like it. It will be tough to see it go. Good thing my first character here was a druid!

9. souske

souske Well-Known Member

With the low population, POK books definitely helped the ease of travel. I could see how this could be detrimental for a healthy server population. Granted P99 does not have pok travel but they have a 1000 (non boxed) players online.

10. Bum

Bum I Feel Loved

Who doesn't have access to my dr00d?!?!

You think he gets abused now...

Tesadar likes this.
  11. Bum

Bum I Feel Loved

This is what Obama believes in. Giving in to the vocal minority is the Murican way.

12. surron

surron People Like Me

please dont disable pok books, what the fuck.

Oiwon and Radiskull like this.
  13. Ablazze

Ablazze Member

Wait what but its not April 1st ....

Temporary or not & i box a druid this is horrible, But hey-ho will get used to it...

The Blazze...

Cutty and Tesadar like this.
  14. surron

surron People Like Me

playing on a server with 50 people is fucking stupid without PoK.

classic-luclin had thousands of players, that made it possible.

and bum shut the fuck up, whats the point of a druid when you have a 3 box limit

Oiwon and Lenas like this.
  15. outerspace

outerspace New Member

There may be more than "a couple of people" who would like to see the bazaar introduced at this point. I certainly would, especially if it only results in a TEMPORARY deactivation of POK books.

16. Bum

Bum I Feel Loved

Lol

Your panties bunched?? ;)

17. souske

souske Well-Known Member

A community poll is warranted here!

18. Lenas

Lenas I Feel Loved

If the dev team wants people to test more, the dev server needs to be more accessible. Needing a server admin to hand-hold you anytime you want to test is not conducive to getting things done. Teleports, item summoning, character copies, etc. should be available or dev server will forever be the ghost town it is today.

19. Throy

Throy Member

As much as I want the bazaar, I also don't support taking away PoK books as well. With the population we have, as Bum suggests, only encourages people to account share.What kind of bugs/issues are feared the most in this circumstance that we need to take that drastic of measures?

Oiwon likes this.
  20. surron

surron People Like Me

there's not even an economy to warrant a bazaar. because there's no bazaar I have given out WAY more shit to new players. if there was a bazaar id be a jackass like bum and hoard every piece of loot I've ever looted.

the point of the bazaar at this stage of TAKP would be so new players could gear out easily (but how are these new players even making plat pre 40)

pok books > bazaar for the health of the server

Oiwon likes this.
  21. Lenas

Lenas I Feel Loved

I am okay with the new compromise posted by Speedz.

22. surron

surron People Like Me

so erudites and noobs going to crushbone get shafted...

how about wait until velious and disable GD book so you can either port to GD or use the nexus

23. Bum

Bum I Feel Loved

#personalattack

Tesadar likes this.
  24. Bum

Bum I Feel Loved

I'm telling you right now as soon as I opened up Bum Sale I got tons of thank yous from all levels of players. Happy to buy anything because no one tries to sell >anything<

I will be offering different quest over the next few months to allow newbs to trade for my nicer items or plat.

Ie: will trade X number of stacks of silk swatches for y item or paying heavily for them

Other items of interest newbies need to save up are trade kill items: pelts/lava rocks/Mercury/zombie skins/plains pebs/leather padding etc

When I started playing on AK I had broken 100kpp by lvl 40 by chatting with people to find what items I could farm them as I leveled. Do you know how many stacks of swirling shadows I sold? Tons.

I will also be offering to box stuff for people in exchange for said tradeskill stuff as well.

So if you are new: save all the silks/skins you see. I'll fill your pockets with shinies

-Bum the Bizarre

25. surron

surron People Like Me

im sorry for calling you a hoarder bum

26. Bum

Bum I Feel Loved

Dear Surron,

I accept your apology. Let's be BFF.

Xoxo,
    Bum

This is how many mules full of stuff are ready to be afk in the baz:

image.png

27. thucydides

thucydides I Feel Loved

Just testing my reading comprehension here... the compromise is that you can go from from pok to anywhere including nexus but you cant click a book to get to pok you have to port there... ?

Edit: never mind i read it again and understand better. if you could go somewhere with nexus you must, otherwise use pok.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2016
  28. Mokli

Mokli I Feel Loved

Just out of curiosity, what was the reasoning behind disabling PoK books? I'm actually fine either way as long as the Nexus and those portals are in. Just please disable any need to purchase a porting reagent. I vaguely recall the need for one when Luclin was originally released.

29. Lenas

Lenas I Feel Loved

To force testing of the spire transport system instead of people just using the nexus book.

30. Mokli

Mokli I Feel Loved

I can see that, but I also surmise its to get people to use the Bazaar to better test it. You're forced to port up to the Nexus. "Hey, let me go take a quick look and see if anything is good." Clever actually.

I'm good with it. I am concerned about newbies being stuck in a specific location without help from another player to get them to a Nexus spire however. I guess I'll be porting newbs around every so often. ;)