EQMac Memorial - Help Needed

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jikasoz, Jun 16, 2014.

1. Placer

Placer Well-Known Member

I think Mafia deserves a spot of her own and she really was found outside DB the most. Her bind spot was just off the bridge on neutral side, where most non-gaters would bind. I'd often visit with her there when she and/or I were dead and waiting for rezzes during raids (far too many times to count). Lots of conversations about when our respective Paragons would be ready and who'd get which groups with SD.

2. Neealana

Neealana People Like Me

Placer, I totally get what you are saying. However, I ( personally ) don't want to see any of the memorialized characters trivialized. Somehow, I feel that they would be, if one could see them ALL the time. As it is, one has to "visit" them. On purpose.

Perhaps she could be moved to her trainer's building ? Isn't that near her bind spot ? Hope this makes sense.

Stamm, Khorpus, Mokli and 2 others like this.
  3. Speedz

Speedz Administrator Staff Member

I think a memorial place inside a building would be best.
    For those we have lost and the people that know the details, it could be a bit un-nerving.
    Some people that know the details, fight things in their daily lives that mirror the paths of the lives of those we lost.
    A constant in your face reminder may not be so good.

Tesadar, Stamm, Khorpus and 3 others like this.
  4. Placer

Placer Well-Known Member

Mafia and I were, in game, close. Trivializing is the last thing I'd want for her. So short of some kind of hall area for everyone (which could be overload on emotions when it comes to visiting), we would want a spot that speaks to the toon. Mafia was not a big TSer but a major contributor to raids for a long time. She did go some baking. Otherwise, she would be at DB right about where she was originally place decked out in her finest green attire (for most of that time ornates). When the time comes, I'd actually say she should be in POP. Maybe by the Seer then or the Shar Vahl stone? Out of the beaten path but in line with her character.

5. Elrontaur

Elrontaur People Like Me

There is a great big empty hall where the ranja trainer is in PoK, plenty of room to line up our fallen comrades and give them their own special place to be remembered.

Hyacinth and Sturmm like this.
  6. Thuule

Thuule Active Member

I like where Mafia is at. Not sure there's a perfect spot.

Hyacinth likes this.
  7. Hyacinth

Hyacinth Active Member

I like where they are at presently, I think it's nice being able to sit around the DB and in the back of my mind know that they are just around the corner.... I think the ranger hall you're talking about would feel too much like a museum.

robregen likes this.
  8. Thuule

Thuule Active Member

Elrontaur likes this.
  9. Speedz

Too damn young :-/

10. Jugo!

Jugo! People Like Me

I paid my respects today. Very apros. I teared up, I admit. I was wondering, how come Mafia has a guild tag but Rys/Jaz/Elo don't?

11. Speedz

I passed this info to rob, he handles the database. Thank you for mentioning it.

12. robregen

robregen Administrator Staff Member

Well, for one, it was never requested that they should be tagged. and two unlike Mafia, they passed before the server were even known to exist.

13. Neealana

Neealana People Like Me

Oh, Jugo. I cannot believe I did not notice that. Thank you for pointing it out. Consider this my request to have Rysia Belladonna guild-tagged Temerity.

Baerrwin likes this.
  14. robregen

Alright. I'll get her tagged by next server update.

15. Foct Joo

Foct Joo New Member

Hey guys, Foct here. I didn't play too long on AK and came back from deployment to find the server was down...indefinitely. One thing I do remember was how kind and awesome of a person Rysia was. One of the people I would talk to often late nights and she was always pretty funny. Shitty news, but its good to recognize some familiar faces around here!

16. Neealana

Neealana People Like Me

Tiny bump. Is it possible ( with /show all ) to get titles and last names ? e.g. Marauder Rysia Belladonna <Temerity>

Impresario Jazper <Destiny>

Sage Eloradanon Takesantipsychotics <Destiny>

17. robregen

I'll see what I can do. NPC doesn't support last name like player can as well as the guild tag. It would all have to be in one line unfortunately.

18. robregen

okay done. should be in on wednesday.

19. Neealana

Neealana People Like Me

TY. /hug for all you do !

20. Thuule

Thuule Active Member

Wasn't Elora's surname Takespaxil or something

21. Theus

Theus Well-Known Member

I know it had paxil in it. I may have been Takespaxil.

22. Thuule

Thuule Active Member

Wait...was he a wizard?

23. Daorn

Daorn New Member

Hi Everyone. Me and my wife played on the mac eq off and on for the whole time it was running. My name is Daorn and i was in Dark Conquest. I was in the original MAC guild to start. "so many memories". My good friend played Stephanie who in the end i adopted and played as a 2nd account for many years. My hunter (Daorn) was around for many years. My wife played Senani. I have so many friends lost on that server. I have some pictures somewhere I'm sure. I'm going to get on and play some. I am going to get ahold of some of the people who play on the server and let them know this is here. Anyway it will be nice to be back even if it is different. My toon is a Druid (Coyote)

Last edited: Nov 24, 2016
    Mambo and sowislifesowislove like this.
  24. Tuluvien

Tuluvien I Feel Loved

Hey Daorn. I was in DC toward its end and remembering your names from the roster. I don't think we got to hunt together much but it's good to see you around.

25. Fadetree

Fadetree People Like Me

I think this is really great.

26. necarony

necarony New Member

hi all
    hope im in the right thread.....
    my name was rony, a human necro,may be some peeps can remember me i was in horde...
    i miss our game /server so much.
    so i have alotta screenshots ,if anyone remembers me you will know im german so i may be dont understand everything .
    im still in contact with apnaailn and hissistor.
    and i played on pc side with bornex and sandi.....miss u all
    8)
    rony

Baerrwin likes this.
  27. Tuluvien

Tuluvien I Feel Loved

Grab them all and bring them here! Would love to see <The Horde>

28. Yarnee

Yarnee People Like Me

Can we do an Lron memorial in PoV, where instead of that dragon you gotta kill for the key its an oversized gnome SK that summons the entire zone?

YArnee

29. Oiwon

Oiwon People Like Me

How about a naked gnome corpse in PoF that never rots

Ransom likes this.
  30. Speedz

Not exactly the purpose of this thread. Lets keep it on track.

Oiwon likes this.