EQMac Memorial - Help Needed

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jikasoz, Jun 16, 2014.

1. Jikasoz

Jikasoz Member

Hi All,

In addition to our plans for an in-game memorial, I am also working on a "front-page" for the project to help clarify and unify the branding and look for us. One thing that I'm very eager to setup is at the least, a memorial page here to act as a tribute to those we lost for those who can no longer play or no longer wish to play.

What I need from you all are names, stories, and most importantly screenshots so we can properly tell their story. Any little story or tidbit will help, feel free to upload them here or PM them to me.

Thanks!

2. Aerili

Aerili Member

Great idea. Does anyone else remember Iindie? Used to be member of DC and Destiny but passed away a long time before F2P.

Lyrad likes this.
  3. Speedz

Speedz Administrator Staff Member

I have an idea that myself and another GM talked about.
    But for this idea we will need accurate screenshots or last known profile information of those to be remembered.

An accurate Alla profile would be the most preferred.

4. Fairen Height

Fairen Height New Member

5. Hyacinth

Hyacinth Active Member

Elo definitely needs to be on there

Lyrad likes this.
  6. Placer

Placer Well-Known Member

Shane (Eloradanon)

Attached Files:

Lyrad likes this.
  7. Hyacinth

Hyacinth Active Member

Rysia must also be included in this =(

Frosst, Baerrwin, Tigree and 2 others like this.
  8. Guero

Guero Member

Forgive me for saying but when I first saw this thread when it was posted I did not take its meaning to be literal. I just thought it was more of a metaphor for those no longer playing the game and not passed away but after clicking this again and seeing Rysia mentioned I am a bit stunned. I had no clue Jazper passed away. Extremely saddening to hear. :(

Tesadar likes this.
  9. Strikur

Strikur New Member

Jasper had more AC than most WARs. I didn't know him very well, but he left a pleasant impression on me. I'm sad to hear he passed away.

10. Yinn Yang

Yinn Yang People Like Me

11. Moitie

Moitie New Member

There are others from Destiny but I'm struggling to remember who they were. Aer, I want to say Cambria too but I also don't want to upset anyone by mis-identifying anyone. Does that ring any bells? Manlee would know -

12. Aerili

Aerili Member

Not sure you are thinking of Cambria - as I recall it she retired to Guildwars and passed her toons to Lana (Lanbana).

13. Thuule

Thuule Active Member

When was the last time Lana was seen? Haven't seen her for years.

It's really odd to me for someone to be a regular play for so many years just disappear without so much as a post or an 'online' appearance on the boards.

14. Placer

Placer Well-Known Member

Pretty sure I was hanging out with Lana in COD fairly near the end.

15. Tylaric

Tylaric Well-Known Member

This memorial should include a certain Gnome SK Statue..

Tesadar and Yarnee like this.
  16. Aerili

Aerili Member

Rage-quit, if I recall right. A real shame.

17. Elcid

Elcid Member

Iindie was my buddy. She passed from ovarian cancer, then her husband ninja took over her account. Nice people… miss them =(

18. agia

agia Member

I would like to have a special memorial section for Rysia. *edit* I had no idea about Jazper. This is very saddening news.

Tesadar likes this.
  19. Trisi

Trisi People Like Me

Definitely Rhysia and Jazper. Two people I wished I had the chance to know better.

Trisi

20. Tesadar

Tesadar Active Member

Jazper passed away?! omfg.... that's so sad. He was such a wicked player and an awesome guy. When did this happen?

21. Trisi

Trisi People Like Me

I believe it was soon after the server closed.

Jian had posted something on another website regarding it.

RIP Jaz.

Trisi

Tesadar likes this.
  22. Suriinya

Suriinya Well-Known Member

Definitely need Elora memorialized. She was one of the nicest people I've ever met.

23. Japan

Japan New Member

Just finding out about Rysia.

24. Pinoit

Pinoit Well-Known Member

I'm a bit sorry I didn't actually play on Al'Kabor when it existed, because this community really seems tight.

It makes me wish someone would create an "original server" cluster of EMUs just like this one, containing all of the original non-merged servers as independent EMUs. I am almost certain my fellow Xegonites would come out of the woodwork for something like this.

Sorry for your losses folks :(

Last edited: Jun 28, 2015
  25. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

Memorials are always nice.

Being from Xegony too. It sounds like AK had a good community. Remember Shurlok on Xegony? I heard he was even on the night before he passed.

26. Ghakim

Ghakim Well-Known Member

I was on Xegony too and apart of Draco Invictus (Shurlok's guild) for some time. It was a very nice server.

27. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

Guild I was in (Justifiable Cause) had a lot of "friendly" competition with DI.

28. Ghakim

Ghakim Well-Known Member

I remember Justifiable Cause lol. We were in competition with them over getting into plane of time.

Fun times.

29. Pinoit

Pinoit Well-Known Member

Passed... omg, sad :( Haynar, Rak I had no idea you were on Xegony too! Awesome :)

I went by Babayaaga on Xegony. Was in Havenlight, Cognatus, and Shards of Avalon. Played between 1999-2004. Still looking for many old friends... found Yendor P99, now I've found two more fellow server mates :)

30. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

Mardark on Xegony here. I was an officer in Justifiable Cause.