Where's good for a trio at 29? Iksar SK/CLR/ENC

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lusiphur, Jan 14, 2017.

1. Lusiphur

Lusiphur Member

(or SK/SHM/Nec)

Overthere is a little much but the giants in WW are greening out. I would prefer somewhere relatively close to a PoK book.

2. Dane

Dane People Like Me

Doesn't get any better than HHK gobs at that level.

Saskoris likes this.
  3. Mokli

Mokli I Feel Loved

I think I did the gnolls at the spires near Splitpaw in SK around that level. Just need to watchout for the roaming paladin in that zone. Not close to a PoK book though. ;)

4. Ransom

Ransom Well-Known Member

Fastest xp: HHK goblins til about 33-34.
    Best money: HHK guards to 40

Other ideas from 29-35:
    Upper guk
    Sola
    Mistmoore
    Unrest
    Lake of Ill omen sarnak fort then FM giants
    Crystal caverns

HHK is productive but it can be boring. It is so convenient to have everything you need in the same zone for 10-15 levels though. Especially as a casual.

5. Pithy

Pithy I Feel Loved

With snare, CC and heals, you've got a great trio for Sol A goblins. It's a great big classic dungeon with a sweet ZEM, lots of flavor, and tons of cool camps to crawl around to. You could even get a head start on your cleric's epic by camping Lord Gimblox in the king's area on the north side of the zone.

6. sowislifesowislove

sowislifesowislove People Like Me

This. Camp that gobo ring and get XP. It's what I did and can be a long camp. Tons of plat in there too and the camp is right next to the goblin merchant. Might be able to sell with the chanter as I don't think any of your guys have another way.

7. Bum

Bum I Feel Loved

Do you like self harm?? Enjoy being so bored you go cross eyed?? Then HK is the place for you.

I have PLd toons entirely in HK from 1-60

8. Lusiphur

Lusiphur Member

Thanks for the replies guys. HHK goblins seems a bit much to get an Iksar into, if invis drops then ..

I was thinking Sol A though. Neriak book > Lavastorm isn't too bad.

9. Videri-Tala

Videri-Tala Well-Known Member

Hello again! I believe I joined you on my necro Kalaratri and my cleric Videri at the giant fort a week or so ago.

Camping Gimblox for exp sounds brilliant (I'm going to follow suit!). The Goblin King literally next door drops a 4ac 3str 3int ring that would look great on one of your scaly claws.

If you are aiming for your SK's epic eventually, I also wanted to suggest crawling to the Ghoulbane camp in Upper Guk after Sol A. P99 wiki says the Shin Lord is level 30, so the camp and the approach to it should be good exp if you've got the chops to pull singles - and on this server, I think that just means memorizing Lull. :p

Thirdly, I myself will be spelunking in Lower Guk soon in search of like ten different items, so hopefully you can join me there from time to time.
    -Tandem

Last edited: Jan 15, 2017
  10. Bum

Bum I Feel Loved

Ghoulbane drops 100% from a high elf in felwithe, bet some 60s would help you wax em

11. TomF000

TomF000 New Member

I have spent a lot of time in Sol A from 25-35. My trio is dru,bst,mage and I have been able to handle the zone with only a couple wipes.

At 30 you will need to move deeper into the zone than just the entrance. The barroom and the throne room is where I have the most experience. At 30, you should probably start with the barroom.

The exp modifier is 120% (I believe) so it's not too bad at all. The loot is also fairly decent, with a lot gem/vendor jewelry dropping.

Here is a link to a guide of the zone that I have found helpful. http://www.cs.utah.edu/~retrac/everquest/solA-guide.html

12. Lenas

Lenas I Feel Loved

13. Grosk

Grosk Member

Highhold Keep Goblins, or Sol A

14. benoeb

benoeb People Like Me

29 - 35 I was rolling in unrest basement. Sweet exp mod there and most folks dont want to make the trip out there.

I know you said you wanted to stay close to a PoK boook, but good exp isnt by a PoK book. Just stock up on food and water then make a run at the camp for 2-3 days. You'll be 35 before you know it and ready for lower guk or kaesora.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2017
  15. Neealana

Neealana People Like Me

Thought there were pathing problems in Unrest Basement ?

PS. Save all those poison making ingredients if you go ! Every rogue on the server will thank you !

16. benoeb

benoeb People Like Me

The pathing doesnt make it impossible to exp there, just have to be ready to deal with 1-3 mobs on a pull if you dont have a FD or pacify puller.

17. Sketchy

Sketchy People Like Me

You can train poison making up all the way to 250 at the trainer. Are there any tactical uses for poisons? I see some that proc a dd or reduce hate that may be useful.

18. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

I will look at unrest basement. I suspect some bad pathing issues. I need to write more code for testing node connectivity. Then i should be able to tell where issue is.

Pithy likes this.
  19. pharmakos

pharmakos People Like Me

i'm not sure this trio at level 29 would have enough healing velocity to deal with festering hags' nukes

20. Neealana

Neealana People Like Me

Yes Sketchy. You can train poison making. But the trainers make you pay !

I remember on AK, Rysia complaining that there were no practical uses for poison. ( Possibly one high level mob in POP she though was worth poisoning ). RW or Pithy.. you remember ?

21. Delorne

Delorne People Like Me

Poisons do serve some purposes. No matter what, it's a minor bump in DPS that doesn't really hurt.

The high end PoP mob in question is really just making use of -DEX. -DEX means less procs. We thought that also meant less flurries/ramps, but Torven has shown that's not the case on Live servers.