Stamina to hitpoint conversions

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Pithy, Dec 20, 2016.

1. Pithy

Pithy I Feel Loved

Can anyone point me to the functions in the last open TAKP source that convert stamina into hitpoints for each class? I ask because TAKP magelo and TAKP server give wildly different hitpoint numbers, and it's not clear where the bugs are. TAKP magelo is definitely buggy, and not just for sta-->hp maps, but is it possible that TAKP server's calculations are off too?

Last edited: Dec 20, 2016
  2. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

You compared server to client?

H

3. kicnlag

kicnlag Active Member

Last edited: Dec 20, 2016
  4. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

Does anything match the client? Or are all the numbers different?

5. Pithy

Pithy I Feel Loved

Thanks kicnlag, will poke around a bit.

Haynar: how can I check whether the server and client agree? Dig through the github code and run a few sample calcs, compare to what the client displays?

Magelo does not match the client.

6. robregen

robregen Administrator Staff Member

usually if the client doesn't agree with the server. You'll noticed a fluctuates on your HP bar like it goes up and down. If it doesn't do that then the client agree to it.

7. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

I thought cavedude matched client to server.

8. robregen

robregen Administrator Staff Member

yeah he did. or so I think he did.

9. Pithy

Pithy I Feel Loved

Okay, thanks guys. I don't see any client-server jitter in game; hitpoints stay nice and steady (aside from tick-based regeneration). I also ran through a couple of spot calcs from the git repo code and they match the client exactly. I didn't check every class and level range, but the ones I did check look good. AllaKabor also gives the same numbers. So I guess it's just the magelo bugs that we've noted before.