Skyshrine awaits...

Discussion in 'Screenshots' started by Elrontaur, Jun 27, 2016.

1. Delorne

Delorne People Like Me

Luclin was so poorly coded and underdeveloped. It would have been a much better expansion if Sony hadn't forced Verant to push it out the door so quickly. And, while the raiding content of Velious might not have the same variety as Luclin, the end content of Luclin having such ridiculously high mitigation coupled with high hp is the laziest thing ever. All the raid content outside of VT was genuinely interesting in terms of mechanics, but the content and substance behind everything didn't have the same character as Velious or Kunark.

There are a lot of fun raids in Luclin. AR, AC, Katta, UP, GE, and The Deep all had really intriguing raids that threw a lot of new mechanics at players. It felt like there was so much lost opportunity to create interesting storylines and content between the 4 cities (5 if you count VT) on Luclin that just never got finished or even implemented. The content between them is just so forgettable, though. Not to mention LIS and VT providing the most painfully boring and tedious encounters ever conceived.

Caller cycle was amazing as hell, though. One of the coolest things ever created. I love little scripted events like that. The camp raids in Grimling Forest? So freakin' cool. Hollowshade war? They did a good job adding a little bit of meat to some zones. It's just so sparse and some of it not fully implemented. They could have done some really cool stuff with the arena script in Sanctus Seru where you fight the tiger, but it was the biggest let down ever.

2. Bum

Bum I Feel Loved

Velious interest me very little honestly. Due to being a closet gamer and playing 8am-12pm cst m-f and being hit and miss at any type of raids velious is just "meh"

Only good point of velious is PoM which I will have a coth bot link set up to the first few days of velious.

Volkmeer likes this.
  3. MikayahEQ

MikayahEQ Well-Known Member

I never was able to spend much time in PoM, but that is definitely something that I hope to figure out.

Mambo and Volkmeer like this.
  4. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

Yea I figure this time around I'll spend a decent amount of time in PoM if I can figure out how to get back there with my toons... Maybe I should get on the dev server and test some stuff out!

Especially since PoM will have gear that is actually somewhat useful for most classes during Velious in the way of the BPs / Cloak.

Elrontaur and MikayahEQ like this.
  5. Yinn Yang

Yinn Yang People Like Me

This!!! ^^^

I just couldn't get into the "Cats on the Moon" theme. While I did enjoy the raid content, quite a bit of SoL atmosphere just didn't fit anymore. I have great memories of everything from Kunark to PoP, so it's all good; but my best times were definitely Velious.

6. MikayahEQ

Yeah...getting there will definitely be the trick...

7. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

No minute long selos makes the run rough.

But I think I have a scheme that can get a cleric to the Vulak bridge alive to camp out, just need to faction up a toon with CoV first!

8. MikayahEQ

Bum is an enterprising sort of fellow...I'm wondering if he has a rental or membership fee scheme in mind to grant access to his CotH bots. :p

9. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

I don't need no stinking CotH bots. Certainly not some top 1%ers CotH bots!

#OccupyPlaneOfMischief

10. MikayahEQ

This made me LOL

11. surron

surron People Like Me

good im gonna need that coh so I can finally reign supreme in my kingdom that matches my title

12. Bum

Bum I Feel Loved

i have a cleric with the instaclick rez staff along with 4x bards and a crypt stone for mage's corpse.

#win

13. Mambo

Mambo Well-Known Member

I personally agree that BoT was always a super fun zone. I'm not sure I agree it is one of the most fun raid zones though.

I always played on live, and Luclin was really the era that I started raising (I mean, I did Velious, but not really prior to Luclin that I recall). Pretty pumped about everything to come... for years.

Elrontaur likes this.
  14. benoeb

benoeb People Like Me

You sissies and your Velious raid zones. Gimme me Gates of Discord or Give Me Death. If you didn't like Ikkinz its because your raid at the time didn't have a berserker or beastlord to kill the appropriate mobs during Ikkinz 2/3.

With that said I'm super excited for Velious, I'm tired of this jungle nonsense in Kunark. WINTER IS COMING :eek:.

15. Mambo

Mambo Well-Known Member

I don't think there was a more satisfying time than finishing BiC. <@#$> that quest - <@#$> it right in the ear.

I know this game is called Everquest, but most quests can go <@#$> themselves, especially seemingly impossible ones.

Remember that God forsaken quest involving the essences from each God in PoP? Even if you killed them regularly, there either had to be enough decency among your guildmates or a rule invoked by the guild to even make finishing that quest possible a year later.

Seriously, I hate those quests.

Seriously, I am going to do that quest.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 27, 2016
  16. robregen

robregen Administrator Staff Member

watch your language please.

Mambo likes this.
  17. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

Went through Ikkinz, Uqua, Inktuta and part of Txevu on the Quarm server recently. It was some good fun.

We unfortunately stumbled on the Txevu Zun'Muram fight, only had like 3 clerics and that mana drain owns a raid really quickly. The charmed Mastruq also appeared bugged doing very little damage.

Uqua was good fun. One person said wrong key in gas chamber, boom! 35 members dead.

Mambo likes this.
  18. Mambo

Mambo Well-Known Member

The GoD raids were truly, very fun. They were also incredibly unique. Although OOW held something special for me on account of raids, GoD was just really awesome fun. It was certainly not tuned for its time though on first release. I still remember how incredibly hard Tipt was to do.

One of my favorite parts of GoD (later) was the M'sha's in Qvic. Just really fun stuff to me.

surron likes this.
  19. benoeb

benoeb People Like Me

Breakdown In Communication was brutal. It was like running a marathon then getting punched in the gut after you high five your bestie. Although I never got anything from it being a wizard, for some dumb reason I'm looking forward to the possibility of killing the Avatar of War even though I probably won't get to raid it unless Bumming pays a lot of NA players to raid PST times.