Single boxing

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Hove!, Jan 10, 2017.

1. Hove!

Hove! People Like Me

Sick of Nobles? Sick of sitting in PoK thinking of what else you could do for 50+ xp instead of Nobles because its awful? Sick of boxing? Don't know how to play your characters correctly because you play them exclusively boxed and have no idea what you're doing but should learn at some point?

If you answered yes to all of those questions then you play on TAKP.

I spend hours recruiting people for single boxing xp groups every night for 50+ dungeon crawls. I figured a post here might bring it some more attention so it doesn't take as long to fill the group. Everyone that participates has a blast and is reminded of why EQ was the best MMO. There's nothing quite like 6 actual humans in 1 group.

Group:

Looking to try to roll with an ideally constructed group each time. Looking for 50+ characters.

Tank
    Cleric
    Enchanter
    Evac (wiz/dru)
    DPS
    DPS

Typically the hardest to find has been tank & cleric but there have been substitutes from the regular group at every position every time. The best way to get your DPS class into a group like this is to be flexible and play your cleric enchanter or evac class when needed as the dps slots are easy to fill. I personally play enchanter, rogue, druid or shaman depending on what we need.

Zones:

Sirens Grotto: Only awesome to crawl when playing 1 character. Really fun zone with exceptional loot.
    The Hole: Really good xp, fun clear.
    Velks: Lower Dogs is good challenge and has some great loot.
    Dragon Necropolis: Risk/reward way off but really fun and challenging crawl.
    Sebillis: Some people like Seb I guess..

6 people playing only 1 character allows us the freedom to do anything in game as far as dungeons go. Would like to build a small community out of this and help people with the 1 group able portions of epics they are working on, or try to accomplish things that should require more than 1 group.

Time:

Would like group to begin somewhere between 7-9pm EST and end 12-1am EST. I am available most days those times, but not requiring any specific attendance. If you typically play around these times you should join in when you can.

Channel:

/autojoin onebox if you're interested in participating. Being in the channel will make building the initial group as well as finding replacements on the fly much easier and will help everyone get to know each other and build a sense of community. Most people low/mid 50's are still working on epics and things like Bracer of Benevolence and Circlet of Falinkan and a regular group would trivialize most of those things.

Look forward to meeting some new people and doing some fun xp groups.

Can message me in game on Fansy with any questions or post here with names/levels/classes you're interested in leveling, I'll be AFK @ DB and get back to you as soon as possible.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2017
    Oiwon, BonnieJ, Fien and 7 others like this.
  2. Lenas

Lenas I Feel Loved

Get a ranger for tank/dps and win EQ!

3. Pithy

Pithy I Feel Loved

Cool idea, Fansy! I know Tem has quite a few mains who exclusively single-box. I'll point them your way.

4. Pane

Pane Member

Dibs on group slot tonight

-Ouiji

5. Volkmeer

Volkmeer New Member

This is a great idea!

6. Mokli

Mokli I Feel Loved

A bit too low on my toons, but will definitely like to be a part of it when I hit 50+.

7. sowislifesowislove

sowislifesowislove People Like Me

I'd be down for this if available. Can provide 56 cleric enchanter or ranger.

8. Neealana

Neealana People Like Me

Oh, we need this going during the daytime ! I am usually offline by 7 pm EST.

Mambo likes this.
  9. Bastette

Bastette Active Member

Spells. Spells and gems...

56 Wizard that is interested, but I'm also pretty busy this week...

10. Sabine

Sabine New Member

Have done this a bunch of times with fansy and crew. Can confirm it's the best way to play EQ :D

11. Trybil

Trybil Member

I have done this a couple times on pally (Hayli 53) and druid (Holli 53) (also have chanter Hooli 53). It really is like a different game with a group of real people ;). Would like to do more as available!

12. benoeb

benoeb People Like Me

I was super excited for this until you listed chanter over shaman, I don't have any other alts below 60 :p

Mambo likes this.
  13. Yinn Yang

Yinn Yang People Like Me

Outstanding idea! I'm still a one-boxer, exclusively old-school. Will autojoin your channel and see where it goes :)

6 actual people in one group... will feel like 2004 again!

Volkmeer likes this.
  14. Bluee

Bluee Member

Would a group of mid 50's be able to crawl to Jaeil the Insane in the hole and do the Ranger turn in?

Even if not I'm down to go? Got a love a crawl. My favorite thing.

[SIZE=6][/SIZE]

15. sowislifesowislove

sowislifesowislove People Like Me

You can invis most of the way honestly. But yea mid 50s is no prob. He's slowable. Was easy peasy.

Saskoris likes this.
  16. Ransom

Ransom Well-Known Member

First, this is awesome. I know I saw you recruiting the other night, and I think it should be much more of a regular occurrence!

Would suggest a less strict group setup... Suggestion:

Tank / Ranger
    Cleric (Druid/Shaman if tank is Paladin)
    Enchanter/Shaman/Bard/Beastlord
    Evac (wiz/dru) (tough to add a third option here as evac/ports in a single box is so nice. Perhaps Necro for CR recoveries, or just a single puller)
    DPS
    DPS

17. benoeb

benoeb People Like Me

Savannah and I 3 boxed our way down very easily. Hardest part is finding your way through the town if it isn't familiar to you.

18. Bluee

Bluee Member

Yah I've never been there really. Maybe a few times running straight to a raid target.

19. Dane

Dane People Like Me

This is an awesome idea! I usually don't get home until after you would like to have started your group, but I am all for this idea. Even the channel itself is a great way to unite people that want to do this at all hours of the day. Obviously there is a lot of interest!

20. Hove!

Hove! People Like Me

So far I believe all but 1 time we used a shaman as one of the DPS slots to allow the enchanter to keep a mob charmed the whole time by relieving him of slows and providing heals for the enchanter when charm breaks. Shaman is very welcome Ben.

21. husindi

husindi New Member

Destitute the 51 monk is 100% up for this

22. Saskoris

Saskoris Active Member

I singled boxed with these guys in The Hole on my Cleric; much fun was had and the exp was solid.

23. Grosk

Grosk Member

I brought Grosk out for a single box group last night with these cats, was a pleasure.
    Thanks for the invite.

24. Grosk

Grosk Member

Grosk is L60, even though there was no XP.. it was a blast.
    So don't shy away because you're not getting XP.

25. Fuxter

Fuxter New Member

Im in on this whenever I am online. Lvl 51 Rogue Lundina.. This just sounds awesome

26. Thuule

Thuule Active Member

It is exactly the ability to multibox that makes a man Noble.

27. Bluee

Bluee Member

Had a great night in the Hole. Crawled all the way to the end. Haven't seen the entirety of that zone before. Really cool door in a face at the end to an uncompleted zone. " Underfoot? "

Also got my Ranger epic drop from Jaeil. Thanks all.

Now to hit the plane of sky. Anyone? Anyone? ☺

Mokli and Saskoris like this.
  28. Saskoris

Saskoris Active Member

Would love to group up with my 51 Warrior. He needs the skill-ups.

(Finally acquired his Seb key, too!)

29. Pithy

Pithy I Feel Loved

Did you guys pay a visit to my pal Schnozz the Flighty? If not, there's still a lot of the hole left to see!

30. Bluee

Bluee Member

Yes. I guess we saw a straight ish line to the end. Not the entire zone. Leaves much more to be explored. Kinda amazing that after this much time there is still so much to find.