Lady Vox open raid (Tonight 2/16 - 8:30 EST)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Saenayil, Feb 16, 2017.

1. Saenayil

Saenayil People Like Me

Lady Vox.. who dis?

Lady Vox (level 55 in Permafrost Keep)

- AE: Frost Breath (205 CR for 66% mitigation at level 52)
    - AE: Dragon Roar (205 MR for immunity at level 52)
    - 32k HP
    - weak to fire (70 FR)
    - too resistant for magic or disease slow
    - bellycaster, cleric, banishes toons over level 52

Attendance Requirements

Level 48-52
    Unbuffed Resists 100 MR / 85 CR

Note that Clerics (39+ with Extended Range Heals) and Enchanters (with mana sieve) do not need to meet these requirements. Other utility classes that don't need to be in the AE (necros with twitch, shamans/druids with spot heals, etc.) can also bypass these requirements based on judgment calls at raid time.

Also note that level 60s who are available to help with clearing the giant fort prior to the dragon fight are welcome.

What do we have?

1 fear-immune Warrior tank
    2 Wizards
    1 Cleric
    1 Rogue
    1 Ranger

(All level 52)

What do we need?

-Enchanters! Vox is a cleric and has the disheartening ability to complete heal herself. Mana sieve from enchanters goes a long way to making sure this doesn't happen.

-We will need 2-3 clerics to keep our MT alive.

-At least one bard to enable fear immunity for DPS.

More DPS/heals/anything else is also welcome for the fight as long as your characters meet the minimum requirements.

Strategy

Groups should comprise of 1 Bard, 1 Healer, and 4 DPS. If we don't have enough bards we will try and shuffle around to prioritize melees.

Healers will heal from outside of Vox's LoS, thus avoiding the AE. It is imperative that when Vox is pulled she is tanked within range of the clerics' heals. Melees must also watch push to ensure she is kept in the right spot.

Vox is a belly caster so nukers will have to run in and nuke her from underneath. Nukers should try and time this between AEs, especially if not in a bard group. Vox is vulnerable to fire spells (e.g. Draught of Fire for Wizards).

Similar to nukers, any enchanters in attendance should wait between AEs to cast mana sieve. However, unlike nukes, mana sieve is unresistable, so enchanters should be able to pop out from behind the wall, cast the spell from a distance, and then duck back out of the AE range.

Loot

White dragon scale is reserved. All other loot will be random'd for greed.

2. Saenayil

Saenayil People Like Me

Silly me, I forgot to include a meeting point. If you're interested in attending, we'll be gathering in permafrost at 8:30 EST and making a go/no go decision based on force.

-Taelor

3. sowislifesowislove

sowislifesowislove People Like Me

Nice details man. Wish I could help but I don't have toons in range.

4. Neealana

Neealana People Like Me

Me neither, but probably will work one up sometime !

Good Luck. Hope you get your scale Sae !

5. Saenayil

Saenayil People Like Me

Had to call no-go on this one due to some key players who couldn't make it. Keep your eyes open for a bump of this post and a new date.

6. gardnerjens

gardnerjens People Like Me

I don't think anyone will join, if white scale is reserved...

7. Saskoris

Saskoris Active Member

I will, once my BST is of level. I don't mind helping people.

8. mad4plaps

mad4plaps New Member

I would join, Vox drops lots of tasty treats, not everyone on this server has a bad bard alt that needs their epic.

Edit: didn't realize the scale was also for the cloak. Point taken.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2017
  9. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

Scale is not used for the cloak on this server.

Just the White Dragon Hide.

10. actualspaide

actualspaide People Like Me

Scale only makes hard epic. Also I'd love to help if able!

11. Saenayil

Saenayil People Like Me

Killing dragons is fun and it's why I play the game. I've killed Nagafen and Vox dozens of times over the years and this is the first time I've needed anything from either of them.

Our server is small and I've played with many of you over the past decade. Just looking to see who would like to join for the experience of defeating level-locked, exiled, ugly-cute lizards.

That being said, the next Vox raid will be this Sunday, at 8:30 PM EST.

Gather inside permafrost, the closer to on-time you can be the better. We will begin clearing immediately. The clear to Vox will take roughly 30mins-1hr depending on how much help we have, and Vox herself should take less than 20 minutes. If we wipe it may be a bit larger of a time commitment, but we'll try not to wipe!

12. gardnerjens

gardnerjens People Like Me

i wasnt saying that i wouldnt join, i must certainly would. but i was just trying to make a point that bards are really bottlenecked by the scale

Saskoris and actualspaide like this.
  13. Saskoris

Saskoris Active Member

Does Gore still drop the white scale?

14. Saenayil

Saenayil People Like Me

I have to cancel sunday's raid because someone else killed Vox. White scales up in the baz for 250k (as if anyone has that kind of plat?)

15. Saskoris

Saskoris Active Member

If Gore drops the scale, I'd be down to help kill her for you.

16. Saenayil

Saenayil People Like Me

She does drop the scale, but she's a very difficult mob to find up, which is why I created a team of Vox alts to obtain the scales through an alternative path. Thanks for the offer though, I'll hit you up in game if I see Gore skulking around.

17. Bum

Bum I Feel Loved

Vox/naggy can be easily boxed by 6 with the right twinking etc not surprised they aren't permadown